Static Tempest - Stunned for 27 consecutive seconds

Started 26 Mar 2020
by Vendetta
in Suggestions
I don't necessarily think anything needs to be nerfed per se - but in it's current form - static tempest allows for someone to be stunned for >25 seconds consecutively, which is just silly. We have now gotten to the point where certain people have perfected the timing of the slam/stuns and dropping of ST, and its by far the most OP ability in the entire game, and it's not even close.

0s - Person gets slammed
1s - person purges
2s - Person gets snared by ST User, and ST gets dropped
5s - ST Stuns and Resets Stun timer
8s - Person gets re-slammed
17s - after Stun wears off, ST Re-stuns immediately , and resets immunity
20s - Person gets re-slammed
<person dies>
27s - Stun wears off

Obviously this is not how the ability is intended to work. Ive seen it abused in multiple scenarios, and this is not even the worst case. Theoretically speaking - the worst case scenario is a 41s stun...

We have all of the mechanics in game to fix this already without ruining the ability, but having a pulse reset stun immunity multiple times to cause someone to be stunned for 30s is just silly.

I get if you tweak the ability the person will be able to rotate and avoid positionals (if it is not a true stun), which really stinks, but because it is abused nonstop, i don't see any other way to balance it:

instead of a stun...

Silence + Disarm + 400 encumbrance debuff

/Discuss
Thu 26 Mar 2020 7:10 AM by inoeth
maybe just run out of the static? i normally only get one tick max ;D
Thu 26 Mar 2020 7:17 AM by Vendetta
cant run out if you are snared, and you cant run if you are permastunned.

Like I said - if done perfectly there is nothing that can be done about it.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 8:06 AM by Fk_
Ask your teammate to SoS you out of it, or mezz the guy chain slamming you, or call for heals.

If you play solo, endure the imbalances of your playstyle choices.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 8:38 AM by Razur Ur
Vendetta wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 7:17 AM

You talking bullshit! if i use my static + frontstyle snare can every guy easy run out the static without to get a tick from static. but i am glad that gives noob player
how like you, where a to slow reaction have for running out the range from my static and have you a duel without purge rdy than you lose vs thane/champion
all time! use you brain and dont whine because of static!
Thu 26 Mar 2020 12:10 PM by Parole
Agreed... I don’t see any reason why ST should reset stun timer.

If ST is not good without this, maybe instead radius.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 2:26 PM by Vendetta
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 8:38 AM
Vendetta wrote:

You talking bullshit! if i use my static + frontstyle snare can every guy easy run out the static without to get a tick from static. but i am glad that gives noob player
how like you, where a to slow reaction have for running out the range from my static and have you a duel without purge rdy than you lose vs thane/champion

So what you are saying, is a 30s stun is exactly what is intended, and no matter what it's not the ability at all, which is the problem. It's me being a completely incompetent moron, and has nothing to do with the fact that I was permastunned for 30s, with no ability to run out. Gotcha! Im glad you added some great content to this discussion.

Please post more often.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 2:37 PM by Razur Ur
Vendetta wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 2:26 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 8:38 AM
Vendetta wrote:

So what you are saying, is a 30s stun is exactly what is intended, and no matter what it's not the ability at all, which is the problem. It's me being a completely incompetent moron, and has nothing to do with the fact that I was permastunned for 30s, with no ability to run out. Gotcha! Im glad you added some great content to this discussion.

Please post more often.

Plz explain us how you get stun 30 seconds without move out the range from static? Sorry i got many 1vs1 with my champ and few good player running
all time out my static and this despite my front snare. i think you doing many wrong if you can nothing do 30 secondes. for me sounds this only stupid
because you trying to fight in range from enemy static.

And how i said everyone can after purge despite snare running out of static range and everyone who tried us to explain this is not possible is dumb
or a lier! and btw my frontsnare have 60% slow and this not reach for 100% to catch enemy in my static. you can tell me in discord for meeting
and you can trying what i said ;-).
Thu 26 Mar 2020 3:54 PM by ZioRed
@Vendetta Yes it's working exactly as intended, and yes you're also supposed to be slammed between the ticks (though it shouldn't stun/reset-immunity if you're already stunned by slam or other styles/spells but as soon as the style/spell stun is away the next tick of ST would restun and resets [you'll never notice this if a skilled player synchs perfectly] at least this is what I remember last time I played on live, honestly I never tried this here since I haven't a thane), and is something that never changed and you may understand why: if it didn't reset immunity then it would have been a totally crap RA because you'd receive a free stun immunity with a crap 3s stun (even a side style is more than 3s). You'll find tons of posts everywhere on internet about this, and I personally think it's a correct behavior.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:08 PM by easytoremember
ZioRed wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 3:54 PM
if it didn't reset immunity then it would have been a totally crap RA because you'd receive a free stun immunity with a crap 3s stun (even a side style is more than 3s). You'll find tons of posts everywhere on internet about this, and I personally think it's a correct behavior.
It doesn't have to give stun immunity. A lot of shards I played on treated it the same as caba/SM/theurg stun as well as Minion Rescue so it gave no immune timer
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:16 PM by ZioRed
easytoremember wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:08 PM
It doesn't have to give stun immunity. A lot of shards I played on treated it the same as caba/SM/theurg stun as well as Minion Rescue so it gave no immune timer

That's called NERF from the shards you played on, unofficial shards do a lot of custom changes, but on live it worked (and probably still works) this way.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:20 PM by Vendetta
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 2:37 PM
Plz explain us how you get stun 30 seconds without move out the range from static? Sorry i got many 1vs1 with my champ and few good player running
all time out my static and this despite my front snare. i think you doing many wrong if you can nothing do 30 secondes. for me sounds this only stupid
because you trying to fight in range from enemy static.

And how i said everyone can after purge despite snare running out of static range and everyone who tried us to explain this is not possible is dumb
or a lier! and btw my frontsnare have 60% slow and this not reach for 100% to catch enemy in my static. you can tell me in discord for meeting
and you can trying what i said ;-).

Wow, do you realize that you're saying <I CANT DO IT SO NO ONE ELSE CAN EITHER>. No... sorry you are just terrible at this game, and haven't worked on perfecting how to time your stuns, which stuns to use, and when to use them.

First of all, just because YOU aren't capable of having someone stuck in ST for ~30s does not mean other people are as bad as you. It's not hard to do it if you know what you are doing. Any person that's dumb enough to try and fight in ST simply has not seen it before, but there are at least two people on this server that are actively abusing ST in the way im about to list below.

Here are the duration stuns available as a shield user with prereqs that you can use to create a perma stun situation.
Numb - Anytime - 2s Stun
Disable - Side Stun - 4s Stun
Paralyze - Rear Stun - 6s Stun
Slam - Anytime - 9s Stun

Honestly I hope every ST user reads this post and starts perma stunning everybody and their brother now, which causes the ability to be removed from the game entirely, so lets open up this can of worms - shall we? Hey everyone - THIS IS THE EXPLOIT - ABUSE THE HECK OUT OF IT

<0s> - Step 0 - look at time on your clock
<0s> - Step 1 - Cast ST
<1s> - Step 2 - use Numb
<3s> - Step 3 - Style once
<3s> - Step 4 - ST Stun Begins
<3s> - Step 5 - style once
<6s> - Step 6 - ST Stun Ends - Timer is reset
<6s> - Step 7 - Use Paralyze as soon as target moves 1 pixel
<9s> - Step 8 - Style 1 or 2x
<12s> - Step 9 - Paralyze Ends - User is stunned again by ST
<12s> - Step 10 - Style once
<15s> - Step 11 - ST Stun ends - use Paralyze again as soon as person moves 1 pixel
<18s> - Step 12 - Style 1 or 2x
<21s> - Step 13 - ST Stun begins again
<21s> - Step 14 - Style 1x
<24s> - Step 15 - ST Stun ends - Timer is reset
<24s> - Step 16 - Slam Target for final round of melee!!
<27s> - Step 17 - Style 3-4x
<33s> - Step 18 - Stun ends

If you do it correctly - there is literally 0% chance you can escape from the ST, and you will be stunned for ~30s, and not able to land a style style, or move more than 50 units
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:24 PM by Vendetta
Fk_ wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 8:06 AM
Ask your teammate to SoS you out of it, or mezz the guy chain slamming you, or call for heals.

If you play solo, endure the imbalances of your playstyle choices.

You cant SOS out of ST/Stun/Mez If it's casted while you are currently affected by it, it does not work for you. So unless you are playing a mins, with SOS, while you spam the button... you are dead.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:28 PM by Vendetta
ZioRed wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 3:54 PM
@Vendetta Yes it's working exactly as intended, and yes you're also supposed to be slammed between the ticks (though it shouldn't stun/reset-immunity if you're already stunned by slam or other styles/spells but as soon as the style/spell stun is away the next tick of ST would restun and resets [you'll never notice this if a skilled player synchs perfectly] at least this is what I remember last time I played on live, honestly I never tried this here since I haven't a thane), and is something that never changed and you may understand why: if it didn't reset immunity then it would have been a totally crap RA because you'd receive a free stun immunity with a crap 3s stun (even a side style is more than 3s). You'll find tons of posts everywhere on internet about this, and I personally think it's a correct behavior.

This is exactly my point. A skilled player turns a single RA into a 30s stun, between ST stun, and shield stuns. That's the problem. That's the exploit. That's not intended.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:33 PM by Razur Ur
You dont understand this -_- if you have purge rdy after stun and you used purge than can you easy run out the range from enemy static and this with
frontsnare from LW Champion. but you have right if you get stun and you have not purge rd! than you get double stun 9+2+9 stun ist maximal 21 second
stuns and lately after seconde stun you can running out the enemy static and i have sometimes if i slam my target and the static tick hit my target too,
than is this bugged and my target dont got a reset stun immunity timer and this can you believe me ;-). i had so often this situation that my target
purge my stun and running out my static without one stun from static and without this immunity stun timer reset can you remove this RA nobody
want spec this shit because the radius is to little for this mechanic same with Celtic wrath.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:35 PM by ZioRed
Vendetta wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:28 PM
This is exactly my point. A skilled player turns a single RA into a 30s stun, between ST stun, and shield stuns. That's the problem. That's the exploit. That's not intended.

No, my dear friend, it's exactly the way I said (and that you've pointed out). It's not an exploit, it's a feature.

Let me post here the grab bag (https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/grab-bag-january-16-2009):
Does Static Tempest break Mez? Does it affect other crowd control? Does it still work if the enemy player has a stun immunity timer up?

Triple questions lead to the Equalizer's answer: Static Tempest will remove Mesmerize effects from the target, but does not provide them with Mesmerize immunity. It will also stack with Root / Snare and will not remove these effects or their immunity. It will also work if the player has stun immunity, and will remove the immunity when it hits the player.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:47 PM by Vendetta
ZioRed wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:35 PM
No, my dear friend, it's exactly the way I said (and that you've pointed out). It's not an exploit, it's a feature

I know what it does. I know how mythic designed it. I also know that when someone designs something - they rarely foresee how the user base will end up using it. It's why software is constantly being updated, and fixed, and adjusted.

Source: Me, software developer/designer - and MMO vet of 20 years.

The point is, if you ask the developers - did you intend for the ability to create a situation where the player is permastunned for 30s? The answer will be no. Why do you think they invented stun and mez immunity? Ive been playing since near day 1 of the game (not quite, but close).

Do you remember Pac Healers, chain stunning entire groups for 30-40 seconds at a time using AE stun? I do.
Do you remember when 8mans were killing 5-6 FGs because a lack of mez immunity? I do.
Do you remember when doing MLs - you could kill the atlantis tablet mob in 1 hit, as long as you use the correct damage type damage shield? I do.

Those things were put in place by developers - and it had unintended consequences/side effects - which were unforeseen - and subsequently fixed/patched.

The fact of the matter is a 30s consecutive stun is simply not intended. It is a byproduct of how something is used. Why do you think they <FIXED> the snaring tendrils exploit on Banelord? Because once the target has stun immunity, it created one of the most imbalanced features in the game... being able to PBAE snare and interrupt every person in a 500 radius for the duration of the stun immunity, which is why you are taught as shield user in hib/alb to NEVER slam/annihilate zerks and other banelords for 2+ years until they got around to fixing the <exploit> (not feature).

You can fix it in its entirety with the mechanics we already have in game... Disarm, Silence, and massive encumbrance debuff so you are still <stunned> effectively (but you can rotate, and cant do damage), but at least you arent permastunned for 30s.

Don't tell me that the Devs INTENDED to have an ability create a 30s stun which you cant get out of... because that's simply not true.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:48 PM by inoeth
noob indicator over 9000 LOL
never seen anyone stuck in st for 30 s
Thu 26 Mar 2020 8:30 PM by Vendetta
inoeth wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:48 PM

Yeah... I wilfully stood there for 30s, and did not try and run - at all. Definitely did not try to run the INSTANT i saw ST get dropped. Of course not - why would anyone do that?

/s
Thu 26 Mar 2020 8:34 PM by Azuell
I'm not sure if the people who have dropped ST on me aren't good at using it but I can count the number of times I've been caught in ST on one hand. It seems like the first tick takes a long time to land and I'm almost always able to get out of range before that first tick. And I've for damn sure never been chain stunned for 27 seconds.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 11:52 PM by gotwqqd
Make it so only the first tic resets stun immunity
But ST subsequent ticks ignore immunity
Fri 27 Mar 2020 6:22 AM by inoeth
Vendetta wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 8:30 PM
inoeth wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 4:48 PM

Yeah... I wilfully stood there for 30s, and did not try and run - at all. Definitely did not try to run the INSTANT i saw ST get dropped. Of course not - why would anyone do that?

/s

could you deliver a video, i dont believe you as long as i dont see this. it never happened to me nor did is see this happening to someone else
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics