Make Epic dungeons a true instance with account timers

Started 25 Mar 2020
by LrdRahl
in Suggestions
@Uthred#9499 I dont know if this is possible with what technology you have at your hands to edit this server, but would it be possible to make Sidi a true instance like DS and HoH but implement a account timeout once you have completed it.

The thought is people can still 8man, but not abuse by just changing characters (account timeout) but if there were 10 groups of 8man teams that wanted to do it at the same time no big deal.

Big raids little raids, but more flexibility

Or you could have account timer and have GMs reset the instance manually but that sounds like more work
Wed 1 Apr 2020 2:46 AM by Ambron
If you want to do ROGs and Feathers in 8man you can do DS and HoH.

You can do Epic Dungeon as well with 8man. Just dont destroy a raid which is already announced.
Wed 1 Apr 2020 3:58 PM by joshisanonymous
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't like instanced PvE zones at all. I dunno, I like zones being persistent things and having to work with the rest of your realm over sharing access and such. Sometimes it can turn into arguments, but I prefer that over the sort of offline/non-MMO game stuffed inside an MMO that you get with instances. When I play games like ESO, it always feels bizarre that I can play for hours without having to say a single word to anyone or reading what anyone else says, even if I'm doing group dungeons. I couldn't name a single person that I've ever played with in that game even and I've played it off and on for 6 years. Part of that, I think, comes from instancing.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics