Get rid of the pets in RvR

Started 13 Feb 2020
by Frigzy
in Suggestions
I don't care what you spend your plats on but those pets are a damn plague.

It's not even been a week and everyone's running around with em, making tanks and supports look like pet classes and pet classes look bonedancers. BDs went from being a fg to a zerg.

It's a mess.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 8:22 AM by Harvest
Agree, they should be limited to zones where the PvP can't happen.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 9:10 AM by Sepplord
would it be possible to limit them but still allow them behind the relic gates?
Not that it would change much, but i rarely even leave the frontier at all anymore. Then i could at least enjoy them during rebuff/afk-break

But i can fully understand the complaints in the RvR-visuals being changed and groupsizes being harder to gauge at the first glimpse. I already feared that some pets are too big but i haven't had the chance to experience it myself in RvR so i haven't fully made up my mind
Thu 13 Feb 2020 9:12 AM by Uthred
Uthred wrote:
Wed 12 Feb 2020 6:20 PM
Uthred wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 3:08 PM
We are aware of the fact that those new vanity pets might have an impact on RvR. We are monitoring the situation. If it turns out that they have a very negative impact we will change things. One possible solution would be to make them not visible for enemy players, but there are also other options. But first we will give it a try and see how it turns out.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 9:16 AM by Sepplord
Uthred wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 9:12 AM
We are aware of the fact that those new vanity pets might have an impact on RvR. We are monitoring the situation. If it turns out that they have a very negative impact we will change things. One possible solution would be to make them not visible for enemy players, but there are also other options. But first we will give it a try and see how it turns out.

Does that "monitoring" include gathering feedback from the forums, and you are just posting it to show everyone you are listening, but to keep the feedback coming

Or are you hinting at other measures and want to calm everyone down aka "we are aware, no need to spam the forums, just be patient we are looking into it"
Thu 13 Feb 2020 9:20 AM by Uthred
If the feedback is reasonable and not just flames, we are always interested in it. We were expecting posts like this when we introduced vanity pets. Im quoting myself to show you one possible solution. But if players have other suggestions, let us know.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 9:41 AM by Cadebrennus
Uthred wrote:
Thu 13 Feb 2020 9:20 AM
If the feedback is reasonable and not just flames, we are always interested in it. We were expecting posts like this when we introduced vanity pets. Im quoting myself to show you one possible solution. But if players have other suggestions, let us know.

I may have mentioned it before, but on Live you can't summon vanity pets in the frontier.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 9:47 AM by Uthred
We know this. It was also not possible on Uthgard. We can also fully understand the reasons to disable vanity pets in RvR.

But as most people spending most of their time in the frontier zones, even if it is just standing afk in the relic village, we wanted to give them the possibility to summon & show their pets.

Like I said before, we are monitoring and we are still discussing the situation.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 2:42 PM by Shamissa
Well gambling has not been a good choice all along but its ok I understand if some people like. The greatest idea for rvr would be to open the EV central keep for fights , that would be cool
Thu 13 Feb 2020 3:20 PM by rocketait
I like the idea of making them hidden to enemies. You still get to see them but they don't clog up group size estimates or class acquisition.
Thu 13 Feb 2020 3:45 PM by Uthred
After talking to the DEVs, we will put in the following change: vanity pets wont be visible for enemies at all. This will be live with the next Update Patch, probably next 2-3 days.
Fri 14 Feb 2020 11:10 PM by Frigzy
Great stuff, thank you @Uthred!
Sun 16 Feb 2020 12:07 PM by Nauglamir
Stealth groups do love you for that change, that's for sure :-P
Sun 16 Feb 2020 2:38 PM by Forlornhope
Make it able to hide ALL of the pets. Enemies and realm mates.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 1:46 AM by Neso
So stealth groups can now use the vanity pets to locate each other, making it similar to live where you can see each other in stealth if grouped.

Zerg of moving dragons, carts and dogs Inc to a dock near you!
Mon 17 Feb 2020 3:33 AM by gotwqqd
Neso wrote:
Mon 17 Feb 2020 1:46 AM
So stealth groups can now use the vanity pets to locate each other, making it similar to live where you can see each other in stealth if grouped.

Zerg of moving dragons, carts and dogs Inc to a dock near you!

Great point/observation
Mon 17 Feb 2020 7:38 AM by Sepplord
vanity pets should either stealth themselves or count as an active song making you unable to stealth
Fri 21 Feb 2020 8:47 PM by chryso
People not immediately being able to decide what every class is they are facing sounds like a good thing to me.
God forbid you have to think a little.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics