Solo QoLs that wont affect 8v8 nor zergs.

Started 11 Jan 2020
by pollojack
in Suggestions
I'll try to keep this organized. If you have beef, suggestions, or agree please use the number in front of what you are talking about.

Before you take one position or the other consider what value to the game does one stance bring? Saying "It's how it has always been" is a shit reason to do anything.

All changes do not apply to PvE.

1. Disease duration, cap to two minutes. A classic bane to stealthers and anyone that survives getting jumped by one. Disease is a free death to any visi that survives the fight and a time waster for stealthers. 8 mans that let a disease linger beyond a minute either don't have living healers or are split and getting killed separately.

2. SM intercept reduction by 10%. The pet should not be dying before the caster if he isn't even being targeted. It could be argued that the pet intercept is useful for absorbing stuns/snares but mids don't even run many caster groups in addition to the pet likely getting CCd immediately.

3. Lifetap affected by disease. This is the only thing I can think of to bring BDs and Necros to heel with melees. Most don't have access to disease but they may be more wary to patrol if they aren't basically invincible to so many melee classes. Perhaps only have casted lifetap affected by disease so LD weapons that were farmed retain their value/use.

4. Nerf NPC archer damage. It is way too high often hitting harder than most archer classes crit shot. This thoroughly screws one on ones near keeps. I get low RRs want to use guards as an advantage but chunking 300-900 from NPCs is silly. 8 mans typically mes hordes of guards and zergs can heal through the damage.

5. Goes with 4. but one or the other might be better. Debuff the task keep. The best fights in RvR are when a force clears out an attacking force or when an attacking force overcomes the resistance. High level keeps forbid this and are avoided by zergs while 8mans may camp boat drops or circle the keep for solo rps. I'd strongly suggest debuffing in such a way that two groups could take it, make the inner door more resilient and the outer less. Less keep guards. Slower siege respawn rate. If a realm has the least keeps it is not a target for keep task.

6. Remove RNG from archers. Crit shot has 0% chance to destealth at composite 50. Crit shot can be blocked but not evaded nor miss.

7. Pow can not go down at relic towns. Allows casters to buff up while removing down time due to pow regen. Perhaps only for 40+ so PvE players don't exploit.

8. Combine the healer with the hastener. One right click to rule them all and in the frontiers bind them.

9. Increase the radius of the keep task zone. Ideally, fights on bridges and near docks now count too. This will hopefully spread out the defenders so it isn't so much of an add fest.

10. Merge task items into one item. Frees up inventory and less items to manage.

11. Bridges to Ellen Vannin are fair fight areas. As in, two people that both have toggle fair fight on can't be healed nor attacked by other realms. I'd say the main problem with the solo zones are the unawareness of their existence. Have to travel a decent distance, tele, load, and hope someone is there. I know the main concern is solos having an easy access to RPs but we already have 8 man lords and ladys chilling in front of keeps looking for solos. The RP concern is moot when literally some of the highest RR players are looking for not only low RRs but 8v1 low RRs to fight. They could be walking out at RR14 and still not have a chance. Groups will still be able to clear these bridges if they are so inclined to but it is a decent trek out of normal patrol routes.

12. I'll probably delete this as it is controversial but minstrel pets become yellow when charmed. Purple pets are a big deal in rvr purely because they are purp. A minst will still have an array of rupts available in addition to the strong song damage. I'd also push for CC lingering on pets after being released. It isn't uncommon for oj pets to hit for double a minsts melees or even assassins melees, red and purp is just nuts.
Sat 11 Jan 2020 8:17 AM by gotwqqd
5. Increase postern doors on keeps, both outer and inner.

Have one postern door from outer bring you inside inner keep walls. If a keep design can do else a port to there...mark the door so it’s identifiable
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics