Make spell and melee Crits always do max 50% bonus damage

Started 10 Jan 2020
by Eckso
in Suggestions
I think it could be fun if Crits were treated like max spell and melee styles are currently, with no variance. What do you all think of making all spell and melee crits do max 50% bonus damage?

It would make fights more interesting I think
Fri 10 Jan 2020 6:56 AM by Runental
Nope.
I'd like miss the "wohoo" bäm bäm effect.
And 50%Crit dots are not acceptable btw 😎
Fri 10 Jan 2020 7:09 AM by Pao
Some suggestions let me wonder if the developers can take any players serious.
Fri 10 Jan 2020 8:16 AM by Sepplord
"it would make fights more intresting"

i often rol my eyes at this "argument" but this example takes the cake, by far.

Bullshit reasoning aside you are literally asking for an average 100%dmg boost for crit-dmg (from average 25% to fixed 50%) and you have no reason why you believe it would be needed.
Fri 10 Jan 2020 9:07 AM by gotwqqd
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 10 Jan 2020 8:16 AM
"it would make fights more intresting"

i often rol my eyes at this "argument" but this example takes the cake, by far.

Bullshit reasoning aside you are literally asking for an average 100%dmg boost for crit-dmg (from average 25% to fixed 50%) and you have no reason why you believe it would be needed.
It’s the opposite of interesting
If you had large variances and true randomness it would be far more interesting.
Fri 10 Jan 2020 2:31 PM by chryso
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 10 Jan 2020 9:07 AM
If you had large variances and true randomness it would be far more interesting.

Agree. Since there is no true RNG there will never be a noob who lucks out to beat a RR10 opponent.
This kind of insane lucky win will keep a noob coming back. They will remember that time when the planets aligned just for them.
Fri 10 Jan 2020 6:19 PM by The Skies Asunder
chryso wrote:
Fri 10 Jan 2020 2:31 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 10 Jan 2020 9:07 AM

Agree. Since there is no true RNG there will never be a noob who lucks out to beat a RR10 opponent.
This kind of insane lucky win will keep a noob coming back. They will remember that time when the planets aligned just for them.

This is one of the problems of not having variance on damage as it is. I certainly enjoyed it more on Live when you looked back through the damage log to see that one hit that did so much more damage than the rest because you lucked out and rolled max damage, and also got a good crit. Killed many opponents with a bit of luck back then, and was killed by many lower RR people as well because of it. If anything we should be adding a bit of variance.
Sat 11 Jan 2020 8:57 PM by Eckso
Jesus christ guys, this is the "Suggestion" forum right? I only suggested it because they took out variance for normal spells and melee attacks. I figure why not go further, and take variance out of crits?

I agree with you, the variance part does introduce an element of randomness to the game which makes it interesting, so I feel we should go one way or the other.

Almost all other games crits do a set amount of additional damage.

Food for thought.
Mon 13 Jan 2020 7:50 AM by Sepplord
you not only proposed to take variance out though, you proposed to make the current max. critof 50% the new baseline, which would also be a 100%dmg buff to crits

it sounds now that you only wanted to remove variance. If that's the case you might want to edit your proposal down to 25% crits.
I still disagree that it would make fights more intresting, but that suggestion wouldn't be ridicolous
Mon 13 Jan 2020 9:36 AM by Insanity84
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 13 Jan 2020 7:50 AM
If that's the case you might want to edit your proposal down to 25% crits.
30%.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics