Realm point transfer with a 50% penalty

Started 3 Jan 2020
by Zzang
in Suggestions
Would be interesting to have a function where you could donate Realm points within your own account from characters that you no longer play.
To make it so that you don't simply move your RPs around there should be a penalty for transferring, I would say 50% is good enough.

Example:
I have a Wizard with 2 million realmpoints, I have a Runemaster with 100k realmpoints. I wish to donate 1 million realmpoints to my runemaster, with the 50% penalty I now have 1 million on my Wizard and 600k on my Runemaster.

This would enable people to bypass that treshold of low rr on new toons where you are just cannon fodder.

It might be a good idea to set a maximum Realm rank where you are no longer able to recieve more RPs on a character, between 5L0 and 6L0 would be fine I think.
Fri 3 Jan 2020 7:44 AM by gotwqqd
Interesting
Fri 3 Jan 2020 8:18 PM by Lipsi
RP are used to purchase realm abilities, and gain rank for bonus in skill points. These are the finality of gaining RP, because this is a progression game, where your IG actions (and RVR fights for that matter) allows your character to grow stronger.

There is also a very big diminishing return in the RA points you get with RPs, as well as rank.

With this transfer mechanism, you would get a lot of bonus to skill points, and RA points for free, even with a 50% penalty. That means, progression for free, instant leveling, RR etc. Not a big fan of it.

Example :

Character 1 - 3045900 RPs - RR 8L2 - 72 Realm ability points - +18 bonus to skills
Character 2 - 0 RPs - RR1L0 - 0 Realm ability points - +11 bonus to skills
Total = 72 RA points / +29 bonus to skill points

After transfer of 2/3 of the RPs (2030600) from Character 1 to Character2

Character 1 - 1015300 RPs - RR 6L0 - 50 Realm ability points. +16 bonus to skills
Character 2 - 1015300 RPs - RR 6L0 - 50 Realm ability points. +16 bonus to skills
Total = 100 RA points / +32 bonus to skills.

3 million RPs isn't that big deal to get, and some old players have much much more, with even more diminishing return. With very little loss for the high RR character, they could get for free a lvl 50 (with accumulated money = tasks tokens and collection items) RR6 character. Instantly. Almost for free.

Example to get brand new character 2 to 1015300 RPs with free RR 6L0 - 50 Realm ability points. +16 bonus to skills :
Character 1 before - 13 257 141 - RR 11L4 - 104 RA points +21 bonus to skills
Character 1 after - 11226541 - RR 11L3 - 103 RA points +21 bonus to skills.

As you can see, the high RR character looses nothing, the player can definitively continue to play a still very high RR character, and he gets a free RR6 + 50 ability points in the process.

If that transfer was to work, for your idea to work, the transfer shouldn't be realm points but realm ranks (and with the 50% penalty).
i.e. you have a RR8 that you don't play anymore, transfer 8 ranks to get 4 additional ranks to the character you play.
Or alternatively as you said it was intended for characters you do not play anymore, character from whom the RPs were taken would be deleted in the process.
Fri 3 Jan 2020 11:13 PM by Killaloth
I asked something similar in past for support classes only. Tbh I recently rerolled a chanter and forgot how easy is to get rps. You can get to RR6 in 2-3 weeks depending on how much you play. Any char at rr6 something is good to go.
Tue 14 Jan 2020 9:59 AM by Zzang
Lipsi wrote:
Fri 3 Jan 2020 8:18 PM
RP are used to purchase realm abilities, and gain rank for bonus in skill points. These are the finality of gaining RP, because this is a progression game, where your IG actions (and RVR fights for that matter) allows your character to grow stronger.

There is also a very big diminishing return in the RA points you get with RPs, as well as rank.

With this transfer mechanism, you would get a lot of bonus to skill points, and RA points for free, even with a 50% penalty. That means, progression for free, instant leveling, RR etc. Not a big fan of it.

Example :

Character 1 - 3045900 RPs - RR 8L2 - 72 Realm ability points - +18 bonus to skills
Character 2 - 0 RPs - RR1L0 - 0 Realm ability points - +11 bonus to skills
Total = 72 RA points / +29 bonus to skill points

After transfer of 2/3 of the RPs (2030600) from Character 1 to Character2

Character 1 - 1015300 RPs - RR 6L0 - 50 Realm ability points. +16 bonus to skills
Character 2 - 1015300 RPs - RR 6L0 - 50 Realm ability points. +16 bonus to skills
Total = 100 RA points / +32 bonus to skills.

3 million RPs isn't that big deal to get, and some old players have much much more, with even more diminishing return. With very little loss for the high RR character, they could get for free a lvl 50 (with accumulated money = tasks tokens and collection items) RR6 character. Instantly. Almost for free.

Example to get brand new character 2 to 1015300 RPs with free RR 6L0 - 50 Realm ability points. +16 bonus to skills :
Character 1 before - 13 257 141 - RR 11L4 - 104 RA points +21 bonus to skills
Character 1 after - 11226541 - RR 11L3 - 103 RA points +21 bonus to skills.

As you can see, the high RR character looses nothing, the player can definitively continue to play a still very high RR character, and he gets a free RR6 + 50 ability points in the process.

If that transfer was to work, for your idea to work, the transfer shouldn't be realm points but realm ranks (and with the 50% penalty).
i.e. you have a RR8 that you don't play anymore, transfer 8 ranks to get 4 additional ranks to the character you play.
Or alternatively as you said it was intended for characters you do not play anymore, character from whom the RPs were taken would be deleted in the process.

I see your point and yes, I agree that sacrificing a few mill realm points from a rr10+ char would not be a big deal compared to what you would get on a rr1 char.

However, there are other problems if you use your reasoning and where to draw the line from what rr you need to be able to donate?

I'm thinking that maybe the penalty should be higher the higher rank your donator char is. First of all, you should be rr6+ to donate. From a penalty of 50% at rr6 to a penalty of 90% at rr11+ would be more fair maybe? I still stand by the statement that you should not be able to bring your receiving toon to above rr5. For many classes this is what we can consider 'decent' in RvR and you won't have to go through the grinding of being cannon fodder for high rank groups/toons.
Tue 14 Jan 2020 10:48 AM by Sepplord
The thing is,

Who will this benefit the most?
Who will be disadvantaged by it?

Imo, it will be the high-RR groups, that benefit the most.
The casuals won't sacrifice that many RPs to boost a new char for a few ranks. A few might do, but most of them will heavily regret it.

Currently plenty of (for example) banbaruns are seen in groups with brehons/grooveprotectors and stuff like that. With such a change it would be these groups that never have anyone below RR5 with them anymore.
Tue 14 Jan 2020 10:58 AM by gotwqqd
You don’t transfer RP’s at 50% loss

You transfer RR’s @ 50% loss or NO loss or something in between

RR12 can drop to RR8 and an alt can Increase his RR accordingly, so say anywhere from RR3 to RR5. Whatever is thought after deeper thought warrants
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics