Re: Nerf Minstrel pets

And you think a Minstrel can win the fight with a high rr SB if Purge is down and you got disease+snare+dotpoison on you and the SB has Vanish up?

Btw .. why don't you try to stop insulting people? I'm not 12, I don't want to mock you, I just showed that the argument you brought forth can be used completely the other way around. Which just shows that purge is a mighty tool, nothing else.

Nauglamir wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:39 pm
And you think a Minstrel can win the fight with a high rr SB if Purge is down and you got disease+snare+dotpoison on you and the SB has Vanish up?

Btw .. why don't you try to stop insulting people? I'm not 12, I don't want to mock you, I just showed that the argument you brought forth can be used completely the other way around. Which just shows that purge is a mighty tool, nothing else.
Without a doubt, minstrel can win a fight vs equal RR SB without purge( or at least get out ). 2 hits dont apply 3 poisons. Not sure why you keep mentioning Vanish unless you have the habit of sitting down where your opponent disappeared . I didn’t insult you, you insulted yourself with that kindergarten reply. Maybe use your own logic when making an argument. Trying to say 2 classes are similar in terms of solo strategy, when they are nothing alike .

Maybe Lerox can tell us what was going on before and what has changed, because frankly it seems like a very small change that people treat as a 25% permanent pet damage nerf.

Loki wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:37 pm
Maybe Lerox can tell us what was going on before and what has changed, because frankly it seems like a very small change that people treat as a 25% permanent pet damage nerf.
what is confusing you?

Charmed pets are supposed to do 25% less dmg
Released pets are supposed to do 25% less dmg for a few seconds after release (afaik 10seconds but might remember wrong)

The trigger for that damagereduction was not working in the charmprocess, only the release process. So in general minstrel pets are now doing 25%less dmg since it was fixed.
Only exception: If a minstrel had just released and recharmed it's pet, then the dmg-debuff from the release was still active for a few seconds after recharm already before the fix went in two days ago (i believe it was two days ago, when the gambling was patched in too)

afaik all that information has been mentioned in this thread that you are very active in?

Loki wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:30 pm
Nauglamir wrote:

Without a doubt, minstrel can win a fight vs equal RR SB without purge( or at least get out ). 2 hits dont apply 3 poisons. Not sure why you keep mentioning Vanish unless you have the habit of sitting down where your opponent disappeared . I didn’t insult you, you insulted yourself with that kindergarten reply. Maybe use your own logic when making an argument. Trying to say 2 classes are similar in terms of solo strategy, when they are nothing alike .
I mention vanish because - you can at least get out of the fight. As i can with sos. WIth the slight difference that vanish also purges for you.
And 2 hits with 2 weapons (makes 1 click with an ahk script, which every (!) minstrel uses, so for sure every sb does as well) apply 4 poisons.

Nauglamir wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:16 pm
Loki wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:30 pm
Nauglamir wrote:

I mention vanish because - you can at least get out of the fight. As i can with sos. WIth the slight difference that vanish also purges for you.
And 2 hits with 2 weapons (makes 1 click with an ahk script, which every (!) minstrel uses, so for sure every sb does as well) apply 4 poisons.
Vanish only purges bleeds/dots after the 3 sec detection timer, so now I know why you keep mentioning it. If you dont have purge up, you shouldnt SoS after CD, but before. So that’s 2 hits, not 4.

On SB I can kill Minstrels when they DONT have their RAs up, not when mine are up. If my purge isn't up it's a sure loss .
That's why I keep mentioning vanish. I can't kill you if you have it up, I'll just burn through my realmabilities without any reward.
And if my purge isn't up, it's a high probability of loosing the fight.

And in general, I forgot why I engaged again ..
ah, yeah, I wanted to know the name of Teiloh's Minstrel as well and you jumped me because I should get gud and learn to be a better Minstrel, now that the pet was nerfed again, and stop crying :D

SOS!
And I'm gone :-P

The minstrels on this board are utterly ridiculous. So now, not only are level 21 BD pets too hard to kill and hunter pets way better than minstrel pets, but bards with 10 in blades hit almost as hard as minstrels? You gotta be shitting me. I straight melee'd other stealthers with my minstrel on live around this same patch and regularly won those fights. I also tried solo'ing on my bard alt a few times and even killing blue mobs was next to impossible. I once came across a solo high RR warrior and was kiting him, using DoTs from champion abilities to see how far down I could get his HPs. I guess it was so absurd that he just stood still and let me keep going until he died. I used my entire power bar twice to kill him, and those DoTs did more damage than my blades. Reading these boards, you might think that minstrels have trouble killing anything whatsoever. (Meanwhile, Nauglamir is sitting over there with over a thousand solo kills, complaining that it's now possible for other classes to kill him.)
Kroll / Rhing / Baudith
*Past Lives*
(Hib/MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Mid/Bors) Kleib/RM > (Alb/Kay) Traep/Minst, Seizen/Theurg > (Mid/Lancelot Cluster) Chassis/Sav > (Hib/Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Mid/Uthgard) Mordigg/BD

joshisanonymous wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:19 pm
The minstrels on this board are utterly ridiculous. So now, not only are level 21 BD pets too hard to kill and hunter pets way better than minstrel pets, but bards with 10 in blades hit almost as hard as minstrels? You gotta be shitting me. I straight melee'd other stealthers with my minstrel on live around this same patch and regularly won those fights. I also tried solo'ing on my bard alt a few times and even killing blue mobs was next to impossible. I once came across a solo high RR warrior and was kiting him, using DoTs from champion abilities to see how far down I could get his HPs. I guess it was so absurd that he just stood still and let me keep going until he died. I used my entire power bar twice to kill him, and those DoTs did more damage than my blades. Reading these boards, you might think that minstrels have trouble killing anything whatsoever. (Meanwhile, Nauglamir is sitting over there with over a thousand solo kills, complaining that it's now possible for other classes to kill him.)
Man .. I never said lvl 21 bd pets are hard to kill, that hunter pets are way better than minstrel pets, that bards hit almost as hard as minstrels. Never. Not even anything closely like that. And what I especially not did was complaining that it is now possible for other classes to kill me. Read again. Try to comprehend. If it doesn't work, read again. If it still doesn't work, tap 2 insta buttons, maybe that works better.

What I want to point out all the time is that many classes can kill a Minstrel. Often the players behind the class don't, but they could.
Especially now, as minstrel pets do less dmg than a week ago.

And that you played a Minstrel on live is great, I did too, it just doesn't matter at all in any kind of way, as here, most things are different.