Is the goal of this server to have everybody be rank 9+?

Started 5 Dec 2019
by Hector
in Suggestions
If so, keep up the great work.

If not, what are we going to do about the insanely fast progression of realm rank and the implications it has for making zergs unkillable? Especially during late night NA, the only option is to do zerg vs. zerg. Full groups that prefer to run independently and do 8v8 have no chance against a zerg of high rank players who burn all their actives to kill 8 people. In OF, this wouldn't be a problem because the group of 8 had a fairer chance vs a full blown zerg because things like purge, SOS, ichor, and GP were on long timers. But now with everybody and their uncle having purge, IP, sos, TWF, etc on shorter timers... these zergs are simply unkillable. All you need to do is stick the zerg leader and you make more RPs in a night than a group trying to actually kill other players (and not other keep lords).

I'm not saying my way of playing RvR is the right way, I'm just asking if there is any thought about how this progression of realm rank coupled with NF ras is going to be handled as the server approaches its first full year and more people reach high rank. Thank you
Thu 5 Dec 2019 4:20 PM by Lillebror
Tag along with another 8man and farm them. A
So far i been impressed by the mid zerg twise (the fact that zerg listen and plays tight (they suprise with good traps) farm drop offs kill strangler grps. And plz stop sending pm’s to stop ppl adding. Arrange your fights somewhere not close to zerg action if You want none add fights (at least less chance) its basicly the same as the solo ppl whine about adds at crau/bled/beno dock bridge.
Thu 5 Dec 2019 4:52 PM by keen
In OF they would still have the same RAs?
It's also not extremely fast, ppl who are RR9+ have put a considerable amount of time into their chars.

Noone is forcing the 8mens to engage a zerg, it's pretty obvious where the zerg is. You don't need to go there. There is even a special zone with ev for 8v8 and insta port. Not to mention 8v8 command that makes it easy to see who has the same interest.

I would say you have all the tools that you need, up to you to utilize it.
Thu 5 Dec 2019 5:02 PM by Hector
keen wrote:
Thu 5 Dec 2019 4:52 PM
It's also not extremely fast, ppl who are RR9+ have put a considerable amount of time into their chars.

Noone is forcing the 8mens to engage a zerg, it's pretty obvious where the zerg is. You don't need to go there. There is even a special zone with ev for 8v8 and insta port. Not to mention 8v8 command that makes it easy to see who has the same interest.

Many times there is no other action out because everybody is riding the zerg because GMs have made it the fastest way to get RPs. You miss the essence of my post, typical myopic view
Thu 5 Dec 2019 5:14 PM by chryso
Then evidently people want RPs more than they want good 8v8 action.
Thu 5 Dec 2019 6:00 PM by Roto23
Hi Hector,
I think the real problem is the population needs to be around 1500. Then you would find more of the action you are looking for. So, I believe, the solution is what ever it is that would cause folks to come back.
Thu 5 Dec 2019 7:04 PM by Sepplord
Is the zerg really the best way to farm RPs?
Whenever i checked a zergleaders Stats they were around 10k/hr or less

I disagree that shorter timers favor the zerg more. I really can't follow the reasoning, when only half the zerg has RAs ready they will still roll over an 8man
Thu 5 Dec 2019 10:22 PM by keen
Hector wrote:
Thu 5 Dec 2019 5:02 PM
keen wrote:
Thu 5 Dec 2019 4:52 PM

Many times there is no other action out because everybody is riding the zerg because GMs have made it the fastest way to get RPs. You miss the essence of my post, typical myopic view
Ppl zerg cause they like it. If there are no 8 men's out, that's the problem of the 8 men. You can't blame ppl who prefere zerging for that.

If majority prefers zerg and not 8v8, so be it.
If someone is myopic , I'd say it's you
Fri 6 Dec 2019 6:40 AM by Ardri
Hector wrote:
Thu 5 Dec 2019 4:09 PM

If not, what are we going to do about the insanely fast progression of realm rank and the implications it has for making zergs unkillable? Especially during late night NA, the only option is to do zerg vs. zerg. Full groups that prefer to run independently and do 8v8 have no chance against a zerg of high rank players who burn all their actives to kill 8 people. In OF, this wouldn't be a problem because the group of 8 had a fairer chance vs a full blown zerg because things like purge, SOS, ichor, and GP were on long timers. But now with everybody and their uncle having purge, IP, sos, TWF, etc on shorter timers... these zergs are simply unkillable. All you need to do is stick the zerg leader and you make more RPs in a night than a group trying to actually kill other players (and not other keep lords).

I'm not saying my way of playing RvR is the right way, I'm just asking if there is any thought about how this progression of realm rank coupled with NF ras is going to be handled as the server approaches its first full year and more people reach high rank. Thank you

There's 8v8 action every night during NA. If you played more than 1x a week for 2hrs you would know. You might get some RR too. But that would require you to win a fight rather than make /cry posts on the forums.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 1:49 PM by Hector
Ardri wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 6:40 AM
Hector wrote:
Thu 5 Dec 2019 4:09 PM

There's 8v8 action every night during NA. If you played more than 1x a week for 2hrs you would know. You might get some RR too. But that would require you to win a fight rather than make /cry posts on the forums.

Get your head out of your butt. There is certainly not NA 8v8 action every night. In fact the past 2 nights my group ran, your group was the only mid group out and there was no other mid/hib group. And yes we lose repeatedly. That's what happens when you play rank 3 casters against high rank tanker/hybrids nonstop with recent HP boost.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 1:58 PM by Razur Ur
You playing wrong Time ^_^ and why not zerg surfing until the rr5 for nice fights? especially as alb is easy to get rr5 with caster or hybrid group.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 2:17 PM by gotwqqd
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 1:58 PM
You playing wrong Time ^_^ and why not zerg surfing until the rr5 for nice fights? especially as alb is easy to get rr5 with caster or hybrid group.

Yes...either wake up @4:00am or take the day off work
Fri 6 Dec 2019 2:25 PM by Razur Ur
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 2:17 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 1:58 PM

Yes...either wake up @4:00am or take the day off work

sorry i playing EU prime time :-).
Fri 6 Dec 2019 3:41 PM by bettercasey
I CANT BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD ADD MY FIGHT AT THE HIGHEST TRAFFICKED AREA IN THE ENTIRE GAME!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics