Simple suggestion to fix keep camping tasks.

Started 21 Nov 2019
by Primal
in Suggestions
Problem: Taskers are frustrated with not being able to complete tasks because of too many coast guard keep campers. Also, the people who are looking to rvr don't like that all the players are hugging the safety of keeps and waiting for taskers to roll in to a small designated keep area for easy rps with guard assist.

Solution: Allow towers of the keep to also be accepted for task credit, and maybe widen the designated keep area. Taskers won't have to run directly at the keep to get credit, and the campers will be forced to roam a little bit between towers to find taskers, instead of sitting and waiting for them to come to the small designated keep area.

Its simple and I think it will do a lot to spread the action out a little and force people to roam around a bit, and give people the feeling they can safely roam out a little, or make it to one of those towers, depending on your side of the coin.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 10:18 PM by Fugax
I literally wrote a post about this a couple hours ago....
Thu 21 Nov 2019 10:25 PM by Kurbsen
you can already get your task credit from towers tho
Thu 21 Nov 2019 10:27 PM by Riac
the coast guard is absurd.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 10:47 PM by Primal
That is incorrect, you CANNOT get task credit for attacking keeps by going to one of the towers. When Kurbsen replied that towers already count for credit I went myself to test it. I just now went to a beno tower, got shot by a guard and then went back to safety, waited the last 10 min for beno task to end and got NO CREDIT.
Fri 22 Nov 2019 1:03 AM by Kurbsen
Primal wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 10:47 PM
That is incorrect, you CANNOT get task credit for attacking keeps by going to one of the towers. When Kurbsen replied that towers already count for credit I went myself to test it. I just now went to a beno tower, got shot by a guard and then went back to safety, waited the last 10 min for beno task to end and got NO CREDIT.

well you made me check just now to see if it was changed from the last keep task/task token change, and well you can still get credit from just a tower.. I just went to berk tower, hit the door and suicided and then waited for task to end and got credit. so I think you did something wrong ;p

tldr: you can get credit from towers still
Fri 22 Nov 2019 1:53 AM by gotwqqd
Kurbsen wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 1:03 AM
Primal wrote:

well you made me check just now to see if it was changed from the last keep task/task token change, and well you can still get credit from just a tower.. I just went to berk tower, hit the door and suicided and then waited for task to end and got credit. so I think you did something wrong ;p

He’s not talking about Tower/keep credit for a task he’s talking about participation task with defense or attacking a keep
Fri 22 Nov 2019 2:17 AM by Azuell
Yeah you can definitely get attack credit from a tower. I do it all the time. I just hit an archer on the back or side.
Fri 22 Nov 2019 8:10 AM by Sepplord
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 1:53 AM
Kurbsen wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 1:03 AM
Primal wrote:

He’s not talking about Tower/keep credit for a task he’s talking about participation task with defense or attacking a keep

being shot by guards, doing dmg to them or the door or just dieing...etc... anything at a tower of KeepX gives you BOTH tasks. The RvR-participation task AND the attack keep X task. (as defender you only have to be in the area of the keep once, you don't have to fight anyone btw. haven't tested for attackers though)
Sun 24 Nov 2019 8:43 PM by Fugax
Get rid of the damn task all together! The coast guard is crazy dumb, and the higher RR camping it is even more of a joke. Camping a task in hope to snagging a lvler. GG.
Mon 25 Nov 2019 1:19 AM by gromet12
The absurd portion is that they allow others to run to a keep to suicide to get credit. I did the same thing but its completely stupid. However people want the ability to do this, let them do it. If they are going to do this, you will have people camping the "defend task" as it does imo what was intended with the low population the server has and the overwhelming size of NF, it funnels people into an area for the purpose of the game, RvR content.

The extremely funny portion to me about the coast guard comments in the other thread is the people that complain about this; yet camp dockmasters hoping for the same thing. Someone wondering to the dock unbuffed, unprepared, not even @ 50, no template, and an easy target. What is the difference?

If you get an attack task, the other realm has a defend task...Go get some people to kill and make it interesting. I see lots of comments about "killing the server", what kills the server is elitism that a majority of the server has. Its even in the PVE content....This is DAoC, pve is just a means to get a template, crafting, and get into rvr.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics