Feather Acquisition

Started 9 Nov 2019
by stewbeedoo
in Suggestions
Back when I started on this fantastic server in April there were frequent Galla/Legion raids to acquire feathers. I did about 15 raids and was flush with feathers to buy items and most importantly tears for my potions.

These raids have become quite infrequent and I find myself with insufficient feathers to template new toons and make my pots. I appreciate the feathers from RvR keep take/defense, but I solo and don't see many of those.

My request is a new way to acquire feathers solo. Alternatively, using BPs to buy feathers would also work.
Sat 16 Nov 2019 4:25 PM by stewbeedoo
So judging by the sound of crickets I assume I am the only person having issues getting feathers.

> sigh <
Sat 16 Nov 2019 4:43 PM by vxr
Level 50 solo kills to give feathers.

Edit: Solo guard kills to also give feathers. Less than solo PK, but some would be nice.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 8:16 AM by skaloo
I don't think feathers were meant to be acquired solo much.
Look at the list of mobs who drop them: http://playphoenix.wiki/phoenix-feather-system/phoenix-feather-mobs/
Appart from the small drops in RvR, all these mobs are not meant to be killed solo.
Some are doable with a small group though. You don't get many feathers, but you get some.
I can only detail for midgard but I assume that works on other realms too and the source of feathers works that way here:
- SI bosses are the easiest, you get around 250 feather per kill
- Raumarik (Llyn Barfog / Cursed Forest) give a little bit more
Those are doable with a balanced small group (geared or half geared).
Raumarik is slightly better in terms of time/feather ratio because you get a bit more and there's less running around (I think we get about 2500 in half an hour - and the respawn rate is set to be approx the duration of the circuit).
And if you go with a strong enough 8 man group, you can do it in challenge mode and get a bit more.
You even have a chance at a decent ROG with each kill (though this is the lottery of course).
SI dungeons also have some feathers, but being dungeons with a bunch of trash, it takes a lot of time to reach the bosses and is probably less interesting than the outdoor bosses.
Of course, the best source of feathers remain DS and HoH but I assume it's not an option for you - whatever the reason is - or you wouldn't have troubles with feathers.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 11:02 AM by Lipsi
If you don't want to group to gather feathers, the choice is very limited and the drop rate will be very low but all trashmobs lvl 56+ in DF drop a small quantity of feathers.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 1:22 AM by stewbeedoo
Thank you for the feedback.

Phoenix has made an effort to support all playstyles with cool thing liks solo/small man zones/teleporting.

My point is that as someone who solos I cannot earn feathers like someone who runs with the zerg. The main reason I need feathers is for alchemy components that on Live could be easily soloed.

Please provide a way to acquire feathers/tears/ash solo.

Cheers!
Thu 21 Nov 2019 1:54 AM by Runental
Um, I don't know, I had a participation tick few days ago when i permanently dottet an Alb BG inside keep with 4893RP and a defence Feather reward of 870.. Wasn't that bad.
All in all I have a good outcome with rvr only. Enough for pots and a respec once or twice.
Agree on new toons, but again (I sayd it multiple times), fix and raise the lootables of Classic epic encounters to promote Classic raids like it should be with this numbers of players which are available atm.
A feather only economy is far from Daoc pve spirit and an item which dropped and you rolled on is has still more value as if you just burst your 30 minutes HoH 20k on it.
The feather thing was a cool idea for high population.
Noone would ever get the items he needs just with regular dragon raids. So this was a good alternative..
But now with a stable 1.2k player, 20-40 people Raids are, possible, entertaining and rewarding If it once get fixed and you don't get always the same salvageloot.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 4:00 AM by Azrael
As far as I remember correctly they stated multiple times in the past that earning (many) feathers solo is not intentional so imho no need to discuss this. Apart from that I agree on runental. rvr especially some fights near a keep/tower should be anough to keep up your potions supply.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 7:08 PM by Wasted_Content
stewbeedoo wrote:
Sat 16 Nov 2019 4:25 PM
So judging by the sound of crickets I assume I am the only person having issues getting feathers.

> sigh <

It's not feathers I'm having trouble with (you can get them fairly easily by just playing the game - DF groups, RvR, make an animist and run DS) but the credit for raids to get the items after I have the feathers. Got about 30k feathers rotting because no successful Gala/Legion going on 3 weeks now.

I already posted this, and the other 3 top posts on this suggestion forum, in a post titled "Make server more QoL not less" but it was largely ignored, which is why I didn't respond until now.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics