bow user

Started 8 Nov 2019
by Keudar
in Suggestions
I don't understand why hunter have 25% to unstealth when you try crit shot. Each time it's free kill for the opponent. It's only for tilting all bow user ? Why up the stealth if you add this rule from nowhere ?
Nerf bow user if you want but not like this. Each time,i want brok my mouse....
Fri 8 Nov 2019 11:28 PM by Riac
lol <3 bow complaints.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 1:35 AM by Keudar
It's a question. This nerf doesn't make a sens. Nerf the damage if you want but not like this .... 25% unstealth, Why ? Where from ? Any lore about that ? NO. Then, why ? That's it. kk thx bye for your comment dude. And for you information, i can't shot 2 or 3 crit on Phoenix. It's already a real nerf and if you want nerf damage, it's not a prob for me.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 1:45 AM by Riac
Keudar wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 1:35 AM
It's a question. This nerf doesn't make a sens. Nerf the damage if you want but not like this .... 25% unstealth, Why ? Where from ? Any lore about that ? NO. Then, why ? That's it. kk thx bye for your comment dude. And for you information, i can't shot 2 or 3 crit on Phoenix. It's already a real nerf and if you want nerf damage, it's not a prob for me.

the lore behind it is, youre char cant concentrate on aiming his bow and hiding in the shadows.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 1:54 AM by Keudar
5 years hunter payer from 99 to 2004 and i never seen that sorry. It's only for phoenix. I haven't seen that on Utgard too.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 2:14 AM by Riac
Keudar wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 1:54 AM
5 years hunter payer from 99 to 2004 and i never seen that sorry. It's only for phoenix. I haven't seen that on Utgard too.

...because i made it up.... are you really looking for lore behind a game mechanic?
Sat 9 Nov 2019 2:41 AM by Keudar
Why are you focusing about lore ... It was an exemple. I'm trying to explain to you this mecanic doesn't exist on other servers. It's only there on phoenix. And i'm asking why. That's it ....
Sat 9 Nov 2019 3:50 AM by daytonchambers
Crit shot uncovering you has been in the game since the thing was launched 18 years ago.

Plus, you shouldn't be opening with a crit shot in the first place
Sat 9 Nov 2019 4:20 AM by Chia
daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 3:50 AM
Crit shot uncovering you has been in the game since the thing was launched 18 years ago.

From an old ranger TA lead even asking for it to be lowered --

Unstealthing on Nocking – with visual arrow flights in, there is a strong feeling that the chance to lose stealth upon nocking an arrow should be retuned. The developers have stated that a 2/3 spec in any skill should be sufficient. The current formula for unstealthing upon nocking an arrow leads to players feeling they MUST have full stealth spec, and thus leads them to a Sniper career as they don't have the points to train in other skills - odd as it sounds, reducing the level of stealth spec necessary to remain hidden would actually move more rangers away from the Sniper role and into Rangering roles. The idea is that instead of using (stealth spec)/(character level) as the chance to have stealth drop on the draw, we'd have 1.5*(stealth spec)/(character level) as the chance to have stealth drop on the draw, and retain the 20% penalty when attempting a critical shot. This would allow archers who choose to follow the harder path of the Sniper to never uncloak on the draw (still uncloaking when they loose the shot) in exchange for the pain and suffering they put forth to level, but would allow the melee-oriented archers much more reasonable chances while following the recommendations that Mythic has published over and over.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 4:52 AM by gromet12
Chia wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 4:20 AM
daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 3:50 AM

From an old ranger TA lead even asking for it to be lowered --

Unstealthing on Nocking – with visual arrow flights in, there is a strong feeling that the chance to lose stealth upon nocking an arrow should be retuned. The developers have stated that a 2/3 spec in any skill should be sufficient. The current formula for unstealthing upon nocking an arrow leads to players feeling they MUST have full stealth spec, and thus leads them to a Sniper career as they don't have the points to train in other skills - odd as it sounds, reducing the level of stealth spec necessary to remain hidden would actually move more rangers away from the Sniper role and into Rangering roles. The idea is that instead of using (stealth spec)/(character level) as the chance to have stealth drop on the draw, we'd have 1.5*(stealth spec)/(character level) as the chance to have stealth drop on the draw, and retain the 20% penalty when attempting a critical shot. This would allow archers who choose to follow the harder path of the Sniper to never uncloak on the draw (still uncloaking when they loose the shot) in exchange for the pain and suffering they put forth to level, but would allow the melee-oriented archers much more reasonable chances while following the recommendations that Mythic has published over and over.

Bow dmg is not that high I would be asking for an adjustment down. The rate is not that bad if you spec into stealth (a bonus for specing into something, I know archers are not used to this as it seems points don't do anything, but going into stealth reduces that so you will rarely have that problem) (get 51 stealth)

The problems I have are no camo which allowed archers to get into position so they could use a bow, the server took away tools from the archer, gave them to the assassins and minstrels, and said well they don't help stealth anymore, everything is standardized. All sneaks should be on the same detection if they are going remove the tools of the archer, and provide nothing in return

But LIVE is this way now....And archers have MOC on live and a better archery system, immunity to poisons if they spec higher enough, etc etc etc.

The abilities balanced things out so the archer could get in position, that was removed with nothing returned to assist the archers. They are basically free rps for most classes with everything equal
Sat 9 Nov 2019 12:23 PM by Chia
@gromet12 my post was showing that critshot has always had a chance to break stealth, that is it, not the customization of the server. Was just an example of someone who said that they played since 1999, guessing they did alpha and beta since the game didn't launch until Oct 2001, and never payed attention to that mechanic before.

Even with the customization the server claims to roughly target 1.65 patch level, which if i remember correctly was horrid for archers. So at least they have added MoS for free and taken away assasins see hidden that they got at that patch level?
Sat 9 Nov 2019 12:43 PM by Sepplord
And for clarification:

Not even the teamlead asked for a reduction of the unstealth-chance

He only asked for a reduction of the spec needed to reach the lowest Chance, not a reduction of to the minimum chance itself
Sat 9 Nov 2019 8:23 PM by Keudar
When i start this game i could chain crit shot if target doesen't move or don't enter fight. Then each healer or caster was a free target for me. On phoenix, it's not possible. Fisrt one in bb and after this i can't crit again. When i start this game, i never unstealth with crit shot with 50 in stealth. Thank you for your answers who are usless.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 8:30 PM by carlwinslow
I would never open with a crit shot, you open with a normal shot cuz it doesn't unstealth you and then you do a crit shot right after! It's also good cuz people are less likely to react to a little bit of dmg vs like 30-40% of their health dropping from the first shot. Also for bladeturn its better to open with that normal shot and then with the crit shot you don't have to worry about BT.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 1:50 AM by stewbeedoo
I played Live Ranger to RR11 and am ok with the critshot uncover mechanics. It is consistent with the old archery system. And it is not 25% uncover rate - more like 10%.

What I was expecting here was access to the Physical Defense RA, which is what made Rangers strong back in the day (was later nerfed).

The OP and others do have a point - the various changes made to RAs and other things have made this not classic DAoC - it is something else. This is not necessarily bad. For example, Paladins are finally having their day in the sun. It is just different.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 2:36 PM by inoeth
Keudar wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 8:23 PM
When i start this game i could chain crit shot if target doesen't move or don't enter fight. Then each healer or caster was a free target for me. On phoenix, it's not possible. Fisrt one in bb and after this i can't crit again. When i start this game, i never unstealth with crit shot with 50 in stealth. Thank you for your answers who are usless.

in original daoc crit shot was not possible if the target moves, so it was very rare to even make use of the crit shot. this was changed here so you can always crit shot, but only 1x in 20? seconds... everything else would be too overpowered. so you should be glad you can actually use something you speced for. if you can not manage to get it off, you should improve your play style and not blame others for "useless answers"
and yes the uncovering while nocking has always been in the game, i know that for fact because i died to it 20 years ago too now i dont really bother about that because when i t happens just restealth quickly and start shooting again.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 5:03 PM by Horus
Sometimes a crit shot is a perfectly OK and desired opener here on phoenix with the ability to crit shot moving targets.

Or trying to finish off fleeing injured targets with one big hit.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics