Bonus% xp from instance raid

Started 8 Nov 2019
by depth
in Suggestions
I like how there has been an added bonus to your %xp based on your instance completion, but I see no reason why this should be shared group wide.

I'm all for faster leveling, but what you have now is /lfg pve groups only building groups with good %bonus. I dont see how this is a healthy feature for the server as now even pve is shifting to an elitist paradigm.

Solution: your %bonus is a personal buff, not group wide effect.

It's stupid easy to get to level 50 without building power groups with 600+% instance xp bonus... this will only make it harder for casuals/noobies/returning players to socialize or reconnect with the game.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 3:01 PM by Goforit
Agreed
Fri 8 Nov 2019 3:02 PM by chryso
I saw someone in Mid last night that was in a moderna PL group advertising for members but only if they had 50%+ xp bonus.
Dude even said, Stop bothering me with tells if you aren't 50%+.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 3:04 PM by depth
chryso wrote:
Fri 8 Nov 2019 3:02 PM
I saw someone in Mid last night that was in a moderna PL group advertising for members but only if they had 50%+ xp bonus.
Dude even said, Stop bothering me with tells if you aren't 50%+.

Literally have that screenshotted, I'm at work on my phone rn though haha.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 3:22 PM by Sepplord
my experience is that most groups that have a last few spots to fill would ask for "bomb or high XP-bonus"

without instance XP-bonus:
unless you are a bomb/heal you don't get into "these" groups

with instance XP-bonus
unless you are a bomb/heal you don't get into "these" groups
exception: if you bring a high XP-bonus you can come on any class

Seems like a benefit to me

Ofcourse there will always be that one person that always wants everything and tries to go for absolute best in all cases, but i disagree that it is becoming the norm.
When i levelled in hibernia recently i have not once been shunned because i only have 1%bonus (as a bard, so "usefull" class), and when core group was already there last 2-3slots were filled with whatever we found on the way or what ran by the spot.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 3:34 PM by chryso
I am hesitant to go with the xp buff as self only because then a leveling group could break up very quickly because some characters are leveling at a much faster rate. Perhaps something like the xp buff is still a group buff but it only uses the highest level bonus rather than adding them all together.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 7:45 PM by depth
chryso wrote:
Fri 8 Nov 2019 3:34 PM
I am hesitant to go with the xp buff as self only because then a leveling group could break up very quickly because some characters are leveling at a much faster rate. Perhaps something like the xp buff is still a group buff but it only uses the highest level bonus rather than adding them all together.

Then just come up with a negligable number like 10% cap with a group wide effect. This is really just an unnecessary feature on this server. I dont think this exp boost is killing the server... I just dont see how it is doing more good than harm when groups are breaking off to have %exp powerlevel circle jerks.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 9:56 AM by Chaskha
Character Bonus should be capped to 50% and comprise the new class% they added.
So if you're a shitty SB, you still come with 10% which is not bad if the max is 50%.

People have farmed the instances to get that bonus to their xp groups.
No limit is fun but I agree that if it becomes a MUST then it's a problem as not every player has 100 hours to put in a dungeon.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:41 PM by gruenesschaf
For a long long time we wanted to change the bonus from no limit / 1 run = 1% to more of a level system where each run gives "xp" towards these instance levels with each instance level giving the bonus that a single run now gives, that would have somewhat sane scaling.

However, just like the change to require all charge items to be worn and to start their cd when equipped, that's something that would alienate existing players, in the case of charge items because everyone would have to retemp and in case of this bonus because certain people did most of the runs specifically for the insane xp bonus and hence it's rather unlikely that it'll happen.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 6:00 PM by bettercasey
Do explain how a new player that ends up in a 600% instance bonus group Doesn’t benefit.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 10:00 PM by Ardri
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:41 PM
For a long long time we wanted to change the bonus from no limit / 1 run = 1% to more of a level system where each run gives "xp" towards these instance levels with each instance level giving the bonus that a single run now gives, that would have somewhat sane scaling.

However, just like the change to require all charge items to be worn and to start their cd when equipped, that's something that would alienate existing players, in the case of charge items because everyone would have to retemp and in case of this bonus because certain people did most of the runs specifically for the insane xp bonus and hence it's rather unlikely that it'll happen.

What? As it is now, group leaders alienate newer/non PvE players they don't have x% bonus xp to share. The proposed solution is for everyone to keep their personal bonus, but for it to not be shared with the group. I've been turned down from an xp grp before because i was only 15'ish % .....lol.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics