Necromancer PBAoE higher delve

Started 7 Nov 2019
by warden50
in Suggestions
Hello Phoenix,
First of all thank you so much for this amazing sever, I love it so much and I recently got back to it with still so much fun.

Basicaly my idea is the following. I read on the forums that the Necro's quick cast has been nerfed to 3 casts (at max dext/casting speed) and Pbae line damage shield has been... well basicaly burned to ashes. So my idead is the following : buff the necro's PBAE. It has been done on live because, let's be honnest, the PBAE is only OKish in PVE. In RVR it is trash for two reasons :
First : The delve is shit. It is , if I am not mistaken, a 219 delve at epicenter which is the delve of a Fire Wiz single DD.
Second : The pet placement is quite complicated, therefore you NEVER get the full delve of the PBAE.

And also it would be great to have a diversity in RVR for Necros because lifedrain spec is broken af (I know what I am talking about I play one) and I would love to suicide bomb in a keep !

Thank you for you attention and I hope it will be considered.
Thu 7 Nov 2019 9:55 AM by Sepplord
warden50 wrote:
Thu 7 Nov 2019 9:30 AM
And also it would be great to have a diversity in RVR for Necros because lifedrain spec is broken af (I know what I am talking about I play one) and I would love to suicide bomb in a keep !

the only way to get more diversity in RvR would be to make specs similarly powerful, with their own niches...
you recognize that one spec is broken af, but instead of proposing nerfs for that spec, you propose buffs for the other spec...

Sounds like a bad way to approach specbalance within one class to me
Thu 7 Nov 2019 12:38 PM by warden50
Well "OP" was maybe a quick statement. Lets say if it was Paper-Rock-Cisors the drain spec is both Paper and Rock at the same time. But Hib mages for instance are cisors. As you say every spec should fill a niche. So far Single lifedrain spec is good for solo and counter melees. Pbae is shit and ... wait lets not talk about the Pbaoe dot spec.
Thu 7 Nov 2019 1:06 PM by Freedomcall
Death Servant line is very good for PvE, combined with dmg shield and pbae.
Thu 7 Nov 2019 2:59 PM by Sepplord
warden50 wrote:
Thu 7 Nov 2019 12:38 PM
Well "OP" was maybe a quick statement. Lets say if it was Paper-Rock-Cisors the drain spec is both Paper and Rock at the same time. But Hib mages for instance are cisors. As you say every spec should fill a niche. So far Single lifedrain spec is good for solo and counter melees. Pbae is shit and ... wait lets not talk about the Pbaoe dot spec.

uhh...yeah...if one thing in rock-paper-scissors is rock and paper at the same time that would be OP as fuck...just because there are still scissors doesn't mean being rock and paper is not completely ridicolous
Sat 9 Nov 2019 9:23 AM by easytoremember
Really the other two specs are shit because you cannot get away from Deathsight.

The base lifetap is your only 1500 ranged DD and sub-50 sight introduces variance into its damage. No other line offers one

The ABS buff from sight is the only absolute means of melee absorption for your pet. Straight painworking STR/CON is in the negative vs str/con or con debuff, while straight servant DEX/QUI is in the negative vs dex/qui or dex debuff.

Without powertap your powerbar is fucked. Without 44 sight you're not going to want to use it in combat. With 34 sight you can (most of the time) rely on it in a pinch to pull some power. Anything below that is impractical. Notably the servant spec shadenuke has big power costs

Servants's lack of utility makes it difficult to spec high into, leaving the only spammable shadespell as the shadetap from sight. The shadetap at 39 sight is passable. While Servant offers a shadenuke at 38 the line offers -l-i-t-t-l-e- shitty bulk and no means of damage beyond 500 range.

For painworking it's pointless to spam the shadedot but high painworking can't go far into one or the other for a shadedd.
Because the unbreakable snare is aoe the effect on most targets more often than not goes wasted
The real value in painworking is the buff being the only defense for necro against magic damage, but on its own not worth losing the ABS from sight. Yellow ABS with yellow str/con almost compensates for the loss of red ABS when combined with the str/con debuff, but only if it's active prior to taking hits

You could boost the pbaoe delve to 400 and servant spec would still be shit in rvr. Putting aside other issues, the tether on that spell gimps it hard. Painworking is essentially the same thing (pet pbaoe & a 500 shadecast) but pain's pbaoe doesn't suffer from falloff because it's a dot and you don't have to be on top of the pet to get the pet to cast it, and although the dot invariably has 500 range it too can be casted from a distance. This permits the necro to hit moving targets so long as the pet is on them, whereas servant can't do anything if the target is not stationary. Sight falls in between where the shade can't do shit to a moving target but the pet can nuke them down (lifetap,powertap) . Using the base snare still will not allow a servant necro to use his casts on targets bent upon not hanging around

Provided cleric buffs any necro becomes a tank however, yet sight once again is the only spec providing more (ABS buff)
Sat 9 Nov 2019 12:51 PM by Sepplord
In all these explanations the main argument seems to be "sight is too strong to give up"

That doesnt mean everything else is shit, though
Sat 9 Nov 2019 10:34 PM by easytoremember
Sepplord wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 12:51 PM
In all these explanations the main argument seems to be "sight is too strong to give up"

That doesnt mean everything else is shit, though

Sight is too essential to give up

powerpool is too small without powertap, you have no ranged damage without the dd, you have no survivability without the abs, and in the case of painworking you have no shadespell dd

The other specs without sight are shit, solo/duo/smallman/8man/zerg
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:33 PM by warden50
Soooo... can we all agree on a big YES ?
Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:34 PM by mattymc
warden50 wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:33 PM

Not only a NO but a NFW ---- the only class that can solo a twr and you wanna make em stronger?? Perhaps if the nerf the living heck out of everything else AND do what has been asked forever and make the PET the caster ... mebbe then.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 10:08 PM by easytoremember
mattymc wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:34 PM
warden50 wrote:

Not only a NO but a NFW ---- the only class that can solo a twr and you wanna make em stronger?? Perhaps if the nerf the living heck out of everything else AND do what has been asked forever and make the PET the caster ... mebbe then.
lmao do you understand what juggernaut would do if the pet was considered the caster?
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:16 AM by mattymc
easytoremember wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 10:08 PM
mattymc wrote:
warden50 wrote:

lmao do you understand what juggernaut would do if the pet was considered the caster?
Do YOU understand that if the caster and pet were the same then, in effect, it is NOT a pet and, hence, no Juggy as an RA?
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:31 AM by easytoremember
mattymc wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:16 AM
easytoremember wrote:
mattymc wrote:
Do YOU understand that if the caster and pet were the same then, in effect, it is NOT a pet and, hence, no Juggy as an RA?

"make the pet the caster" sounds like you want the spells to use the pet's stats instead of the caster for damage calculations and resists (which would mean solo necro would have no acuity buff, no class acuity, and no allocated acuity)

Were you trying to say 'make the caster the pet'? Like instead of summoning a pet the necro is the "pet"?
Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:10 PM by mattymc
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:31 AM
mattymc wrote:
easytoremember wrote:

"make the pet the caster" sounds like you want the spells to use the pet's stats instead of the caster for damage calculations and resists (which would mean solo necro would have no acuity buff, no class acuity, and no allocated acuity)

Were you trying to say 'make the caster the pet'? Like instead of summoning a pet the necro is the "pet"?
I didn't say ANYTHING about using stats, etc.....pet the caster, caster the pet --- no difference -- one target, no exploits
Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:44 PM by easytoremember
mattymc wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:10 PM
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:31 AM
mattymc wrote:

I didn't say ANYTHING about using stats, etc.....pet the caster, caster the pet --- no difference -- one target, no exploits

"nerf the heck out of everything" followed by "make the pet the caster" implies it

How would necromancer being the pet work? Like for combat would they have the timer following a melee swing before they can attempt to use spells? Does equivalent of shadecasts still exist? Is FP still FP or swapped out for QC?

If they can pull off petless necro they could just as easily throw in the cata classes in a nerfed state
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics