Time until keeps/towers are repairable after an attack is WAAAAYYYY to long!

Started 6 Oct 2019
by Lanathir
in Suggestions
Please lower the time until a tower/keep is repairable again. It is mostly annoying to have to wait 15 minutes+ to repair a keep door, when no enemy is within sight, no guard gets aggroed nor any part of the tower/keep is taking further damage.
Sat 12 Oct 2019 9:38 PM by Goforit
Yes, definitly!
Sun 20 Oct 2019 12:54 PM by Goforit
Can you change this? Or what is the point? You have to wait 10min after keep fight for repairing....makes no sense. No one wants to wait 10min for repairing.

1 Scout shoots at keep.....wait 10min again....wtf!?
Sun 20 Oct 2019 11:51 PM by easytoremember
Door or Guards getting attacked resets the timer,
just aggroing guards or getting shot won't (armor procs count as attacking though).

Tower timer is 5 minutes
Keep timer is 5 or 10

If a BG wipes, regroups, and returns why should they have to reopen doors?
Mon 21 Oct 2019 12:06 AM by ExcretusMaximus
easytoremember wrote:
Sun 20 Oct 2019 11:51 PM
just aggroing guards or getting shot won't (armor procs count as attacking though).

Tower timer is 5 minutes
Keep timer is 5 or 10

This just isn't true.

I've sat in a tower for 30 minutes without anything hitting any part of it or the guards and it was still "under attack." This was not a singular experience.

And if a BG wipes, they should have to pay the price of wiping. Your logic is questionable.
Mon 21 Oct 2019 8:16 PM by Goforit
easytoremember wrote:
Sun 20 Oct 2019 11:51 PM

Tower timer is 5 minutes
Keep timer is 5 or 10

If a BG wipes, regroups, and returns why should they have to reopen doors?

Yea, 1 scout shoots at door and timer resets, 1 guard is touched timer resets. So dc spire for example is always under attack.

It is completly logical, that until BG returns, the other side repairs the door....why shouldnt they? Should they just wait for them to come back?
Mon 21 Oct 2019 11:17 PM by easytoremember
Goforit wrote: It is completly logical, that until BG returns, the other side repairs the door....why shouldnt they? Should they just wait for them to come back?
In favor of rapid repairs there is ~10 minute window for BG to continue siege. Logically a keep suffering multiple attacks in the hour isn't going to be able to repair its gates in between skirmishes

If you really insist on shortening the delay before repairs can begin I see the repair cast itself being increased

ExcretusMaximus wrote: This just isn't true.

I've sat in a tower for 30 minutes without anything hitting any part of it or the guards and it was still "under attack." This was not a singular experience.

You got bamboozled; I bet someone was intermittently using instas on the scouts in the back while you were just sitting there idle

Given I repair towers frequently I assure you the tomer is 5 minutes and resets upon door or guards being hit. Guards chasing without htting will refresh the RW flames but permit repairs to occur
Tue 22 Oct 2019 10:41 PM by Goforit
So you enjoy having to wait 5 min for repair?
Me not.

When a BG defends their keep successfully, then they have to wait 5min until they can repair. Or longer, if keep is getting hit meanwhile. 40++ people have to wait 5min. Usually BG doesnt do that. So keep wont get repaired.... Just stupid.

I aggree there should be some timer, so that keep cant be repaired while it is attacked. But 1min is enough imo.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 10:44 PM by Goforit
easytoremember wrote:
Mon 21 Oct 2019 11:17 PM
In favor of rapid repairs there is ~10 minute window for BG to continue siege. Logically a keep suffering multiple attacks in the hour isn't going to be able to repair its gates in between skirmishes

I cant follow your logic. Fight is over....people immediatly start repairing, bec they want to close doors, in case the other BG returns. Why should they wait? Sit in circle and wait?
Wed 23 Oct 2019 6:50 AM by Sepplord
Goforit wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 10:44 PM
easytoremember wrote:
Mon 21 Oct 2019 11:17 PM

I cant follow your logic. Fight is over....people immediatly start repairing, bec they want to close doors, in case the other BG returns. Why should they wait? Sit in circle and wait?

Logically, full armored warriors and magic users wouldn't start repairing keep with enemies nearby. It takes time to get the peons out of the basement again.
Wed 23 Oct 2019 9:17 AM by Goforit
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 23 Oct 2019 6:50 AM
.... wouldn't start repairing keep with enemies nearby.

Fight is over, enemies are gone....is what I said multiple times.
1min reset timer is enough imo.

But talking about logic is not really helpful....how you explain rezzing and releasing logically!?
Wed 23 Oct 2019 10:53 AM by Sepplord
Goforit wrote:
Wed 23 Oct 2019 9:17 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 23 Oct 2019 6:50 AM
.... wouldn't start repairing keep with enemies nearby.

Fight is over, enemies are gone....is what I said multiple times.
1min reset timer is enough imo.

But talking about logic is not really helpful....how you explain rezzing and releasing logically!?

i wouldn't, you jumped onto that train of thought and made the argument that you can't follow the logic and imagined people sitting in a circle waiting, so i explained it

"fight is over...enemies are gone"
How can you be sure? "Logically" after winning the battle it would make sense to search the castle and the outskirts before taking of armor for maintenancework
Logically a huge wooden door wouldn't be able to get repaired within a few minutes after the last dead body fell to the ground.

And if you really want to get away from discussing the "logic" behind keep repairs, you really need to stop defending your stance there...either it's a discussion you want, or not.

Gameplay wise it's a balance issue. The attacking force is at a disadvantage. The spend lot's of time breaking doors slowly. Then they have to push into the enemies defences while those defenders have additional NPCs helping them and can ambush you from behind. Failing once at that, imo, should not result in an immediate restart of the siege. The main-goal of doors in this game is to stall to give the defending realm time to react. They know now that the enemy wants to take the keep and they are already there in defensive position. It makes sense gameplaywise that they would have to fend off the whole area around the keep for quite some time before they are able to shut the doors again.
Wed 23 Oct 2019 11:55 AM by Razur Ur
We need more Rep-RPS!!!!
Wed 23 Oct 2019 8:24 PM by Goforit
Well i see it from the position....doors are open, but defending realm wins....and other BG will not come back (for example bec they have less numbers)....Now defending realm has to wait 5min (or longer, if a stealther hits a guard). No BG will do that....and i dont want to wait 5min either....so they move and cant repair....thats stupid. I would like to repair after 1min maybe and then leave.

How often a day it happens that a BG wipes and returns? I think its not that often.
Wed 23 Oct 2019 8:26 PM by Goforit
But its ok for me....you can keep your 5 minutes waiting. I dont have to repair.
Thu 24 Oct 2019 6:28 AM by Sepplord
if noone wants to wait to repair....then repairing isn't that important to the players

so why should a game change be made about such an unimportant feature?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics