RR5 ability

Started 15 Sep 2019
by Lillebror
in Suggestions
RR5 enable option for two specs.
1 hour cooldown to switch between your two specs and you need to be out of combat for 3min while switching.

Would be nice with two sets of ra`s with this too.

That way the farm chars can easily join rvr. Or you can use your rvr char for pve. More effisently.

If you play a char that got «one» spec you Get two ra setups before you respec.

Respecs still effect only the active spec at the time.
Sun 15 Sep 2019 7:00 PM by iamsaitam
I honestly don't get why aren't people free to respec whenever they want. If someone wants to chime in on the cons of having it this way, please do so.
Sun 15 Sep 2019 7:17 PM by easytoremember
iamsaitam wrote:
Sun 15 Sep 2019 7:00 PM
I honestly don't get why aren't people free to respec whenever they want. If someone wants to chime in on the cons of having it this way, please do so.
Dump actives, die, respec, repeat
Which after threat of some kind of rule violation becomes
Dump actives, die, respec to previously unused actives, die, respec to original actives
And if that in turn becomes prohibited
Dump actives, die, respec all passives, later respec actives, repeat

Placing skill on RuT upon training it prevents people from trying and testing RAs conveniently, whereas adding a mini timer following a respec doesn't detur rotating specs during active RuTs
Sun 15 Sep 2019 7:55 PM by carlwinslow
100% you should be able to have multiple builds that you can switch between with a timer for switching, I feel like I am having feathers being dangled over my head just because I want to try a new build out. Forced pve feels awful, being able to try new rvr builds feels good. Either that or add respec buy in and cap it at 1plat, one plat for a full respec would not phase me at all but needing feathers to respec when its already hard to get feathers is just becoming tedious.
Sun 15 Sep 2019 10:13 PM by Makrist
Respec stones sell for anywhere from 2 to 4p depending on the week and raid status. They are also usually the last item to be distributed on raids whether it is dragon or sidi, and i would assume Hib Galla and Mid TG. The LB loop is an easy way for a simple small man to 8man to farm feathers if that is your thing. If you arent opposed to paying for stones they are available. Not to mention you have free RA through RR3 and free spec up until 50 to mix and match different specs. Since zerg surfing is common post 45 its not crazy to suggest there is plenty of free trial/error time for a toon.

Tools exist and there is a market around respec stones. Its not that hard to toy with a spec.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 8:09 AM by iamsaitam
easytoremember wrote:
Sun 15 Sep 2019 7:17 PM
iamsaitam wrote:
Sun 15 Sep 2019 7:00 PM
Dump actives, die, respec, repeat
Which after threat of some kind of rule violation becomes
Dump actives, die, respec to previously unused actives, die, respec to original actives
And if that in turn becomes prohibited
Dump actives, die, respec all passives, later respec actives, repeat

Placing skill on RuT upon training it prevents people from trying and testing RAs conveniently, whereas adding a mini timer following a respec doesn't detur rotating specs during active RuTs

I probably should have been more specific with my comment. It all comes down to how hard it is to change de code of the game or QoL. When you upgrade an active RA, f.ex. Purge I to Purge II, if you have an ongoing cool down that passes on to Purge II. You could have the same behavior keeping track of the used active realm abilities and persist through the realm spec. Regarding your point to switching to passives, honestly if you want to go through the trouble of doing this (which everyone would have the access), use it and abuse it.

OR

You can add a timer between respecs like other people mentioned taking into account whatever your longest active RA timer is or something like that.

Perhaps I'm off topic here, but when I said respec, I meant skill respec as well. For me that's the one that is bothering me at the moment. Biased because I have a light eld, which seems to be useless in PvE due to the spec. If I could change it without cost, I wouldn't have to roll a farming toon. Quite sure I'm not the only one on this boat.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:21 PM by Lillebror
I just want an option to swap between pve pvp spec or diffrent types of pvp.

I didnt see the issue with ra timers but that easy solved with all active timers gotta be up before respec
Fri 20 Sep 2019 4:21 AM by Iuppiter
Good idea. A side effect could be more classes able to switch between solo/small and group specs as well, which could be interesting. If that's not desirable there could be "only active in pve zones" and "only active in rvr zones" specs.
Fri 20 Sep 2019 3:48 PM by Boltman
I love the idea of two set specs and being able to switch at will (or at least once a day) without having to respec, retrain, and redo your hotbars. I've played other mmo's that had this ability and it makes life a whole lot easier. I like the idea of having it the RR5 ability, as then you have to put some work into it per toon. The only problem I see with it is that it mostly benefits caster and healer archetypes, as tanks/hybrids usually have a pretty static set spec.
Sat 21 Sep 2019 2:49 PM by Lillebror
Boltman wrote:
Fri 20 Sep 2019 3:48 PM
I love the idea of two set specs and being able to switch at will (or at least once a day) without having to respec, retrain, and redo your hotbars. I've played other mmo's that had this ability and it makes life a whole lot easier. I like the idea of having it the RR5 ability, as then you have to put some work into it per toon. The only problem I see with it is that it mostly benefits caster and healer archetypes, as tanks/hybrids usually have a pretty static set spec.

Tanks still got solo and fg ra setups
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics