Animist turret root needs a nerf

Started 14 Sep 2019
by omicidi
in Suggestions
Look, I don't really want to hit hib with a nerf; they need more folks on during my playtime. The reality is these pets literally win fights. It allows hibs to set up, if you push, you get rooted. If they start losing, you can't push into them.

Suggestion: turn root into a snare.
Sat 14 Sep 2019 2:52 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Because the nerfs that specific turret already received in the last few months aren't enough.

You can push into them just fine; wait for root immunity or use SoS.

Think tactically instead of just mashing stick and your style.
Sat 14 Sep 2019 3:17 AM by omicidi
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 14 Sep 2019 2:52 AM
Because the nerfs that specific turret already received in the last few months aren't enough.

You can push into them just fine; wait for root immunity or use SoS.

Think tactically instead of just mashing stick and your style.

Yes, while a 4 person heat train assists down a target. Which is the reality and doesn't require much thinking. SoS is a great tool--once per fight. Once utilized, it's no longer a tool. This tool can also be utilized by the hib group.

Listen, I get it, you went hib so it's no longer stupid. Before you were bitching about them, post nerf. Make up your mind!
Sat 14 Sep 2019 8:00 AM by kiectred
Tanglers have already been nerfed, and it's a reasonable one. If you can't figure out how to push through them with all the current options available then it's your fault not the game.

Also a snare would be almost exactly as bad. They would simply kite a liiiiiittle more than they already do.
Sat 14 Sep 2019 9:28 PM by mattymc
kiectred wrote:
Sat 14 Sep 2019 8:00 AM
Tanglers have already been nerfed, and it's a reasonable one. If you can't figure out how to push through them with all the current options available then it's your fault not the game.

Also a snare would be almost exactly as bad. They would simply kite a liiiiiittle more than they already do.

Tanglers are a speedwarp --- everyone hated speedwarps <on live> but everyone had them <on live>; the fact that only one realm has them here is a mistake ....
Sat 14 Sep 2019 9:46 PM by easytoremember
If you're going to mess with the root's duration then reduce the length of time the shroom idles for when it targets a root-immune target
How they are now + this nerf is too much
How they are now even is too far imo cause RNG blows; they tend to cycle same handul of targets and accumulate a lot of idle time (whereas prenerf they were forced to pick fresh targets which was OP but circumvented RNG)
Sun 15 Sep 2019 2:42 AM by ExcretusMaximus
easytoremember wrote:
Sat 14 Sep 2019 9:46 PM
If you're going to mess with the root's duration then reduce the length of time the shroom idles for when it targets a root-immune target
How they are now + this nerf is too much
How they are now even is too far imo cause RNG blows; they tend to cycle same handul of targets and accumulate a lot of idle time (whereas prenerf they were forced to pick fresh targets which was OP but circumvented RNG)

Hell, how they are now you can't even use them as an interrupt anymore; anything that is root immune doesn't get cast on.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:47 AM by kiectred
mattymc wrote:
Sat 14 Sep 2019 9:28 PM
kiectred wrote:

Tanglers are a speedwarp --- everyone hated speedwarps <on live> but everyone had them <on live>; the fact that only one realm has them here is a mistake ....

The problem is tanglers existed long before speedwarps. Tanglers aren't speedwarps, speedwarps are tanglers. This subtle difference, to me at least, is the reason they exist and are not a mistake. Does every realm have celerity? No. Does that mean celerity is a mistake? Also no. I could continue to talk in circles about realm balance but I get the feeling you're someone who wants every realm to have every ability every other realm has. One realm having tanglers is not game-breaking, especially now after they've been adjusted.

I do not and have not ever played an animist on any iteration of DAoC nor have I very seriously ever played hib even. They are an annoyance at worst, nothing more.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 2:21 PM by mattymc
kiectred wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:47 AM
mattymc wrote:
kiectred wrote:

The problem is tanglers existed long before speedwarps. Tanglers aren't speedwarps, speedwarps are tanglers. This subtle difference, to me at least, is the reason they exist and are not a mistake. Does every realm have celerity? No. Does that mean celerity is a mistake? Also no. I could continue to talk in circles about realm balance but I get the feeling you're someone who wants every realm to have every ability every other realm has. One realm having tanglers is not game-breaking, especially now after they've been adjusted.

I do not and have not ever played an animist on any iteration of DAoC nor have I very seriously ever played hib even. They are an annoyance at worst, nothing more.

Your gut would be terribly, terribly wrong.....the key to balance has always been the <legitimate> ability to counter an advantage ---- not everyone having the same skills. I think the adjustment was crapola, you don't -- fair enough. As to tanglers being game changers --- YOU don't think they are game changing, again fair enough -- I have played all realms and every toon in each realm, I dont share your opinion
Mon 16 Sep 2019 2:55 PM by kiectred
mattymc wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 2:21 PM
kiectred wrote:
mattymc wrote:

Your gut would be terribly, terribly wrong.....the key to balance has always been the <legitimate> ability to counter an advantage ---- not everyone having the same skills. I think the adjustment was crapola, you don't -- fair enough. As to tanglers being game changers --- YOU don't think they are game changing, again fair enough -- I have played all realms and every toon in each realm, I dont share your opinion

I'm glad you had the opportunity to repeat yourself.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 3:53 PM by Keelia
What time do you run? If it’s NA you’re prolly crying about our group.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 6:07 PM by mattymc
kiectred wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 2:55 PM
mattymc wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 2:21 PM
kiectred wrote:

I'm glad you had the opportunity to repeat yourself.

it is unfortunate but unsurprising that is all you got out of that...as they say you can't fix.....well, everyone else gets the idea
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics