Holiday/RVR EVENTS. Need IDEAS

Started 12 Sep 2019
by Jeninii
in Suggestions
Ok guys so we just had the Event to kill a Game-Master.. I suggested that we also get some holiday events that might help with the Realm points or Pve for the realms. I would love to see some of your ideas and maybe the Devs or a game master will start something up like they did for the Battle of Devs that I asked for back in May.. I would suggest maybe a Halloween event of some sort or a Christmas event. Doesn't have to be like the pumpkin patches even though over on live they were lots of fun to camp as a stealther. What are some of your favorite events and how would you like to see them over here? I love the idea or adding new things to this game and I love the fact that the game-masters and Devs actually consider those ideas. Lets try to come up with something that will help the realms again as the event we just had was super fun. I know mid bg had great numbers for the event. I think we had 174 one night, 214 and 224 on the last two events. Your ideas can be for Xp or Rps related whatever you think of list it and lets see if it will happen. Any idea is a good idea.... I hope to see lots of comments and if this isn't for you then I totally understand no matter some1 wont like this post and that's ok as I'm just trying to keep fun going for the game and help keep the realms excited about doing things together. So get to listing

See you on the Battlefield and remb RED is DEAD.
Thu 12 Sep 2019 4:20 PM by doughboy
What about doing holiday trophy mobs. Something along that line during the holidays would be really nice since still can find what mobs are trophy on phoenix
Thu 12 Sep 2019 4:25 PM by Roto23
How about holiday OF?
Thu 12 Sep 2019 4:27 PM by Jeninii
doughboy wrote:
Thu 12 Sep 2019 4:20 PM
What about doing holiday trophy mobs. Something along that line during the holidays would be really nice since still can find what mobs are trophy on phoenix

Huge Pumpkin/Santa trophy that we could put outside our house would be cool looking.
Thu 12 Sep 2019 4:28 PM by Keelia
Another RvR even would be nice. And don’t do titles as rewards have set milestones to hit with a specific reward.

Ie: # of kills, # DBs, people rested, HP healed, DMG done ect. After the event issue out the rewards to those who’ll hit the mile stones and add a title for the top person in each category. Make the titles special, not everyone is a winner.
Thu 12 Sep 2019 4:42 PM by jackatom74
Open toa encounters and monsters. No artifacts or ml's just more feather mobs and different scenery.

Or realm swap. Let camelot access all the hib pve zones. Tirnanog access all the mid pve etc.
Thu 12 Sep 2019 5:45 PM by Shamissa
Open MK for one weekend event , i mean isn't why we have NF? EV is there but why not open MK!!!! would be super fun
Thu 12 Sep 2019 5:49 PM by Patchnotes
Just going to list some ideas:

Halloween/Dia De Muertos-
- Dungeon with demon/skeleton/pooka/ghost mobs
-Bosses: legion, prince, shadownash, skeleton from Raum, a the big ghost in raum (wrath of winter I think).

-Great Pumpkin trophy
-Full body pooka trophy
-Jack-o'-lantern bags
-Pumpkin Moon
-Reskin of the Darkness Rising armor that looks like the bones

Thanksgiving-
Turkey Boss fight
Thanksgiving table trophy for the house

Christmas-
- Santa in the night sky
- Presents show up randomly in zones
- Presents can be used and will give rog/money/claw potion/feathers
- Frost giant mob with a santa hat spawns in a zone in each realm and will drop feathers RoGs and presents
- make presents tradeable
- allow us to buy feather presents for people that when opened will give them a portion of the feathers like 3/4 the feathers. (1000 feather present will give 750 feathers)
- feather presents go away at the end of the year

New Years-
- fireworks purchased with feathers
- keeps and towers shoot fireworks when taken
- fireworks show each night in capital cities
Thu 12 Sep 2019 6:30 PM by easytoremember
Halloween is easy- morph npc or distribute morph pots
Don't even need bonus rp or any other thing

You could go a bit further and make each realm's selection of models different from the other or reflect mobs found in their mainland zones

lots of undead stuff if it gets restricted to ghosts and spooks

Or swap all mid races to hib, hib races to alb, alb races to mid (model only)
Or or mix up races intra realm between the most class-conflicting ones i.e lurikeen/firbolg, though for albs they have so much overlap it might go completely unnoticed by enemy realms aside from Inconnu friars popping up
Thu 12 Sep 2019 6:37 PM by Jeninii
Patchnotes wrote:
Thu 12 Sep 2019 5:49 PM

-Bosses: legion, prince, shadownash, skeleton from Raum, a the big ghost in raum (wrath of winter I think).

-Great Pumpkin trophy
-Full body pooka trophy
-Jack-o'-lantern bags
-Pumpkin Moon

Thanksgiving-
Turkey Boss fight

Christmas-
- Santa in the night sky
- Frost giant mob with a santa hat spawns in a zone in each realm and will drop feathers RoGs and presents
- allow us to buy feather presents for people that when opened will give them a portion of the feathers like 3/4 the feathers. (1000 feather present will give 750 feathers)

New Years-

GREAT Ideas.. I love seeing all this
Thu 12 Sep 2019 6:52 PM by Jeninii
This is a post from discord I got from an alliance member. Since they don't do the forum I figured I would copy it for them.

@Jenini I don’t do forums anymore but if your looking for a rvr event cant go wrong with a blue Sunday I’ve run one over on uth for hib it brings all realms in for one giant fight all day I’m linking a video of the green Saturday I ran and I’m pretty dam sure @Shiane and Odin were there for it.

Yet again another great Idea. Listed is a video I of such event for example. Hope it doesn't get erased as its for getting IDEAS.. It was filmed over a year ago.. Ash this would be fun as well. They colors are great a way to split the realms up I see by the color cloaks. You will need to scroll to 6 mins in to see all the people and the huge fight. Nothing happens before then but a long run to the battle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iKPUeyKbl9Q

If not allowed just let me know and ill take video down I don't mind
Thu 12 Sep 2019 7:05 PM by beatrix
Jeninii wrote:
Thu 12 Sep 2019 4:05 PM
Ok guys so we just had the Event to kill a Game-Master.. I suggested that we also get some holiday events that might help with the Realm points or Pve for the realms. I would love to see some of your ideas and maybe the Devs or a game master will start something up like they did for the Battle of Devs that I asked for back in May.. I would suggest maybe a Halloween event of some sort or a Christmas event. Doesn't have to be like the pumpkin patches even though over on live they were lots of fun to camp as a stealther. What are some of your favorite events and how would you like to see them over here? I love the idea or adding new things to this game and I love the fact that the game-masters and Devs actually consider those ideas. Lets try to come up with something that will help the realms again as the event we just had was super fun. I know mid bg had great numbers for the event. I think we had 174 one night, 214 and 224 on the last two events. Your ideas can be for Xp or Rps related whatever you think of list it and lets see if it will happen. Any idea is a good idea.... I hope to see lots of comments and if this isn't for you then I totally understand no matter some1 wont like this post and that's ok as I'm just trying to keep fun going for the game and help keep the realms excited about doing things together. So get to listing

I have nothing against your post and I appreciate you trying to start some events but I do not understand why PvE events is being encouraged more than RvR events? I understand it's the holidays but why not change it up and add PvP events instead? It will be more exciting and fun.
Thu 12 Sep 2019 7:13 PM by Jeninii
beatrix wrote:
Thu 12 Sep 2019 7:05 PM
Jeninii wrote:

I have nothing against your post and I appreciate you trying to start some events but I do not understand why PvE events is being encouraged more than RvR events? I understand it's the holidays but why not change it up and add PvP events instead? It will be more exciting and fun.

DID u see the title. EVENTS/RVR. Not sure why the title isn't updating over here as I edited it after I made the post.. EDITED once again..lolThat's why I'm asking for ideas so we can get something going. I'm totally for the RVR event as well as any PVE event. I like to support all players in whatever they do and just hope I can help bring some kind of fun to the game. That's why I started this post since we all had a blast doing the Kissed by fire event. It really brought the realm out and if we could get that in RVR that would be awesome as well. Just list your ideas and who knows you might get chosen to help create that event. I really enjoyed being apart of the kissed by fire event. Even though Ashok did 99.9 percent of it and I was the one that asked for it. I got to suggest the title. So when it actually happened I was super excited to see the realm come together for something I thought of. Im hoping I can bring some of that excitement to you guys as well. So again list as many ideas as you can think of and you never know it might actually happen.
Thu 12 Sep 2019 8:14 PM by Draginclaw
Winter/Xmas RVR type Event

1. Use a snow zone
2. Snow ball fight (mids vs. hibs vs. albs)
3. Each class/race has different snowball making prowess and skills

For example a Troll can make large snow balls while a lurikeen makes small ones. Making large ones takes more time but they do more damage. But as casters we can have the option to make them ice balls so they would hurt more...

Troll Snowball
3.0s making time
200 dmg

Lurikeen Snowball
2.5s making time
125 dmg
1.0s make ice ball
+100 dmg

(no i did not balance out the numbers in the example)

Can play off each class/race slightly...maybe thanes throw the snow ball and the electrocute the person when it hits (water and lightning don't mix you know), one class shoots icicles, maybe a few turn into rolling snowballs (pbaoe), etc. Can even work siege in giant snowballs flying everywhere instead of rocks.

So still realms against each other just another way to fight.
Thu 12 Sep 2019 9:56 PM by Quick
I would like a rvr zone like thid, compact crazy action.

For Halloween they could do an event where mids albs and hibs come together to take back a keep guarded by the devs. And they are worth rps. Idk I am bad at making thing up

Or double rp bonus, everyone likes rps
Thu 12 Sep 2019 10:56 PM by vxr
How about a BG like event were you alternate between defending realms. 1 realm defends and 2 realms attack, joining forces. Attacking realms become friendly for the duration and can group up and chat. Spread out objectives, make it so that solo/small man can take/defend objectives with the main objective being a keep in the center.

edit: couple more ideas -
- Event were group sizes are changed / more or less. This can be restricted to a certain zone or can be global.
- Instanced PvP were you queue up and groups are formed randomly from the pool of queued players.
- Instanced PvP were you queue up and random players are assigned as group leaders. Group leaders alternate in choosing members.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 2:49 AM by Jeninii
vxr wrote:
Thu 12 Sep 2019 10:56 PM
How about a BG like event were you alternate between defending realms. 1 realm defends and 2 realms attack, joining forces. Attacking realms become friendly for the duration and can group up and chat. Spread out objectives, make it so that solo/small man can take/defend objectives with the main objective being a keep in the center.

- Event were group sizes are changed / more or less. This can be restricted to a certain zone or can be global.
- Instanced PvP were you queue up and groups are formed randomly from the pool of queued players.
- Instanced PvP were you queue up and random players are assigned as group leaders. Group leaders alternate in choosing members.

That would be fun to try
Fri 13 Sep 2019 4:17 AM by Shamissa
Really the blue Sunday would be really cool ,ton of rvr would start on the Saturday and every realm would have their own color on that particular day like hibs green, albs red and mids blue armor.

Lots funs
Fri 13 Sep 2019 4:40 AM by gotwqqd
You want to do something to stir up the game?
Without destroying its roots?

Create a fourth “realm”
They are nomads, vagabonds, mercenaries.
They are allied to one of the three realms that is deemed “lowest” by some algorithm.
They can’t claim keeps.
They may start a battle sided with Midgard, but at any point their allegiance may shift and they then turn on the realm they were following.
I believe this would work not only as an event but as a core game mechanic.
The only problem is new races? Classes?
Could you use the unused races in the game? Maybe some of the unused classes? Possibly creating new classes by mixing weapon and/or spell lines?

Lot of work but I think it would create a buzz and help with retaining players and keeping them.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 5:00 AM by easytoremember
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 13 Sep 2019 4:40 AM
Could you use the unused races in the game? Maybe some of the unused classes? Possibly creating new classes by mixing weapon and/or spell lines?
The 3 unused races are all minotaurs with nearly identical appearance and most mob models don't show the armor they have equipped to make new races from
If you count bainshee form and vampiir as their own races I guess there're 5
Fri 13 Sep 2019 5:25 AM by beatrix
Jeninii wrote:
Thu 12 Sep 2019 7:13 PM
beatrix wrote:
Thu 12 Sep 2019 7:05 PM
Jeninii wrote:

DID u see the title. EVENTS/RVR. Not sure why the title isn't updating over here as I edited it after I made the post.. EDITED once again..lolThat's why I'm asking for ideas so we can get something going. I'm totally for the RVR event as well as any PVE event. I like to support all players in whatever they do and just hope I can help bring some kind of fun to the game. That's why I started this post since we all had a blast doing the Kissed by fire event. It really brought the realm out and if we could get that in RVR that would be awesome as well. Just list your ideas and who knows you might get chosen to help create that event. I really enjoyed being apart of the kissed by fire event. Even though Ashok did 99.9 percent of it and I was the one that asked for it. I got to suggest the title. So when it actually happened I was super excited to see the realm come together for something I thought of. Im hoping I can bring some of that excitement to you guys as well. So again list as many ideas as you can think of and you never know it might actually happen.

No offence, but I don't think a lot of us actually had a "blast" doing the kissed by fire event. I did not see the point of it. It gave us a small amount of feathers that can't even buy us a respec stone and a title that doesn't mean anything because everyone else has it now. What is the point of doing a PvE zerg event if the rewards are so small? We were not even given a "special reward" yet.

I understand you want to support all players but majority of the players want RvR. Part of the reason why I am pushing for more RvR events is because a lot of people quit due to zerging and keep/tower taking. Like tonight, I went out in a duo and got added by 14+ mid stealthers at bled docks while I was doing a 2v2. I did vote for new frontiers but now I totally regret it.

Phoenix should bring back the 3v3 event or 8v8 event and activate it like every weekend or every other weekend. It's already been done before and it was a lot of fun so not sure why it hasn't been brought back more often. I played beta on this server and beta was probably the most fun I had on Phoenix just because they brought so many different RvR events that it made it exciting to PvP again.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 6:14 AM by gotwqqd
easytoremember wrote:
Fri 13 Sep 2019 5:00 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 13 Sep 2019 4:40 AM
The 3 unused races are all minotaurs with nearly identical appearance and most mob models don't show the armor they have equipped to make new races from
If you count bainshee form and vampiir as their own races I guess there're 5
For some reason I was thinking races were not all used.
I guess they could use mob types
Though don’t know if animations would work with them
Fri 13 Sep 2019 7:12 AM by Keilli
Patchnotes wrote:
Thu 12 Sep 2019 5:49 PM

-Great Pumpkin trophy
-Full body pooka trophy
-Jack-o'-lantern bags
-Pumpkin Moon

Thanksgiving-
Turkey Boss fight

Christmas-
- Santa in the night sky

New Years-

This is the winner idea here!!!
Fri 13 Sep 2019 10:18 AM by JUSTNSANE
how about an instance pve dungeon you complete for a particular skin merchant access? That once you have access you can purchases with gold.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 1:06 PM by Azuell
vxr wrote:
Thu 12 Sep 2019 10:56 PM

These are some interesting ideas to start from.

Honestly I just want a 3v3 or 4v4 arena again. I thought that was the most fun and it wouldn't require much work since it has already been done. Also make it so you can form your group with other realms again but only if the realm timer is suspended during the event. Otherwise, if the arena is dead, you and your group are stuck in different realms.

I also liked the idea where they had multiple group size arenas but it spread the people out too much and it was difficult to get a fight. If you were to do that again you would probably need to do ranges i.e. solo, 2-4, 5-7, 8.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 2:19 PM by Jeninii
These are some great ideas. Beatrix I totally get you and I hope we do get some more RVR events. I do miss the events we had on Live as they did bring a lot people out. Maybe the Dev's will read your comment and implement something to that effect. We do NEED RVR only events....We can only hope for it and may just maybe if will happen. As for the special item yeah I totally agree I wish we would have gotten that already. I even made a post on the battle of the devs post again trying to get us an update. I think for future events if they do something like that again then they need to have the item ready but Ash did do a fast build of the event. Thx for commenting and hope to see you on the battlefield.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 3:21 PM by chryso
Azuell wrote:
Fri 13 Sep 2019 1:06 PM
I also liked the idea where they had multiple group size arenas but it spread the people out too much and it was difficult to get a fight. If you were to do that again you would probably need to do ranges i.e. solo, 2-4, 5-7, 8.

I think if they do arena type fights with set group sizes it would be best if only one group size was used per event to maximize people finding each other.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 6:08 PM by chryso
Has anyone mentioned a Mordred type event?
Fri 13 Sep 2019 6:29 PM by vxr
chryso wrote:
Fri 13 Sep 2019 6:08 PM
Has anyone mentioned a Mordred type event?

That would be fun. Open PvP everywhere. Group up with anyone, can be attack/killed by anyone that is not in your group or guild.
Only safe zone is housing, maybe capitals, but I prefer not.
Players can port to any realm.
Players can port to any housing, but can't buy from merchants that are not from their own realm.
Disable NF for the duration of the event?
Special title for anyone that kills a certain number from their own realm. Maybe that traitor title from the other thread. Midgardian Traitor.
Sat 14 Sep 2019 3:58 PM by Jeninii
WOW. Some of the ideas are really awesome. I really hope the Devs read this and will try to do something like this in the future with one of the holidays. We need fun group/Bg event for RVR..
Sat 21 Sep 2019 5:51 PM by cjgrensted
The Enemy Within

At random RvR participants will be selected to become the "enemy" or double agent. They have a set time to accept the prompt where they will momentarily be changed to an enemy faction and be able to attack their own realm. They can select the timing for maximum impact. Any kills they record during the transition will award substantially higher points than normal kills. If the selected participants refuse to accept the transition they will become "loathsome" to the enemy faction they would have changed to and be somehow marked and reward additional points to them upon killing.
Sat 21 Sep 2019 7:00 PM by Keelia
Allow groups to port to stygia in a all out PvP. Complete 8v8 free for all.
Mon 23 Sep 2019 8:05 AM by Sepplord
cjgrensted wrote:
Sat 21 Sep 2019 5:51 PM
The Enemy Within

At random RvR participants will be selected to become the "enemy" or double agent. They have a set time to accept the prompt where they will momentarily be changed to an enemy faction and be able to attack their own realm. They can select the timing for maximum impact. Any kills they record during the transition will award substantially higher points than normal kills. If the selected participants refuse to accept the transition they will become "loathsome" to the enemy faction they would have changed to and be somehow marked and reward additional points to them upon killing.

sounds really horrible...especially with the "time to chose to switch"...
also some classes would suck and couldn'T "use" it (healers for example) while a PBAE caster could MOC-bomb their friendly zerg when there's an AFK break

don'T really see how it would improve anyone gameplay outside of of a few singular people finding it "funny" from time to time
Mon 23 Sep 2019 8:42 AM by kiectred
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 23 Sep 2019 8:05 AM
cjgrensted wrote:
Sat 21 Sep 2019 5:51 PM
The Enemy Within

sounds really horrible...especially with the "time to chose to switch"...
also some classes would suck and couldn'T "use" it (healers for example) while a PBAE caster could MOC-bomb their friendly zerg when there's an AFK break

don'T really see how it would improve anyone gameplay outside of of a few singular people finding it "funny" from time to time

Yea out of all the amazing possibilities and ideas we could have, that sounds like a truly horrible one for all the reasons you mentioned and probably many more.
Sun 24 Nov 2019 4:47 AM by blazedtp
Idk if any1 would like this idea for event as its more towards PVE but what if we opened up all dungeons and have a even where you run sidi, legion, galla, TG, and all 3 dragons and let every realm team up to take on these dungeons so every1 can get credit for everything across account it would be like a feather day. u dont have to be there for all the dungeons but i think it would be a nice way for ppl who havent gotten credit on some of these things because they dont catch the right time have it all planned out have a GM or dev as raid leader and just skip rolling on loot as im sure alot of pve players would enjoy this. just a thought i think it would be cool to team up with some different class combos for pve whats every1 else think about this.
Sun 24 Nov 2019 4:35 PM by Azuell
blazedtp wrote:
Sun 24 Nov 2019 4:47 AM
Idk if any1 would like this idea for event as its more towards PVE but what if we opened up all dungeons and have a even where you run sidi, legion, galla, TG, and all 3 dragons and let every realm team up to take on these dungeons so every1 can get credit for everything across account it would be like a feather day. u dont have to be there for all the dungeons but i think it would be a nice way for ppl who havent gotten credit on some of these things because they dont catch the right time have it all planned out have a GM or dev as raid leader and just skip rolling on loot as im sure alot of pve players would enjoy this. just a thought i think it would be cool to team up with some different class combos for pve whats every1 else think about this.

I'm not a fan of pve events but I think this is a pretty good idea. It would definitely help the people out who are struggling to get raid credits.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics