RA timers decrement while offline

Started 10 Sep 2019
by Kimahri
in Suggestions
As it currently exists, realm ability timers decrement based on real time instead of time spent playing. While this may have little impact for traditional RVR zones (you might wait a few minutes before porting to the frontier after initially logging in), it has terrible implications for Darkness Falls. Stealthers with vanish can stay in Darkness Falls inevitably by killing levelers, maybe greys, etc... However the moment they are outmatched they can vanish, log off and return 15 minutes later to continue their conquest and thus the cycle continues. Sure, maybe its possible to find them using a stealth lore potion, but you have to get lucky by walking the same direction as your enemy for the first 3 seconds while they are undetectable from vanish.

The true victims here are the levelers in DF, who spam region/alliance chat asking for help, but receive none because there is no incentive to hunt these enemies. Players think to themselves, hmm... should i go waste time hunting a ghost or should i go to the docks where im guaranteed fights. In some cases prolonged ganking of levelers/greykilling can lead to players quitting the server.

We all mention the joke that no one cares about stealthers. Here is an idea being proposed from an assassin main that would lead to the death of more stealthers! As a shadowblade player, I think this design is stupid because it takes away the thrill of the hunt in Darkness Falls. If it were up to me i would completely remove vanish from the game because assassins deserve to die if they made a bad engagement, however i know thats not up for discussion. There is no risk, only reward in a zone that has to be fought for in order to gain access. This change would lead to more realm pride, it would create RVR growth between assassins in Darkness Falls and a better experience for new characters leveling in DF. Lets stop rewarding cowardice.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics