Traitor Flag

Started 10 Sep 2019
by Chaskha
in Suggestions
Each time you stand around a fight without helping your mates, your traitor flag is increased by one if your mate dies.
Once the traitor flag is at 10, your realm mates may kill on sight.
Traitor flag decreases each time you help a realm mate in fight.

In DAoC, we are at war, I have friends playing other realms but if we meet they are KoS or should be.
If I let them live as they kill one of my realm mate, I'm a traitor and at one point it should be public knowledge.

I assume it would be pretty hard to implement but I like the idea so if it's not that hard maybe this could had some fun.
Tue 10 Sep 2019 12:37 PM by Keelia
Negative ghostrider. So you’re saying my 8 man could watch people die all night then be able to roll hib groups? Yea I don’t see this ever being abused......
Tue 10 Sep 2019 1:00 PM by inoeth
how about every time someone adds your fight the flag increases, so at ten you can double team your realm"mate" with the enemy you where fighting initially?
man i would do alot of rp then
Tue 10 Sep 2019 1:06 PM by Keelia
Now that I can stand behind. I would love to be able to flag your group as independent realm and be able to kill everyone. I mean since they won’t adjust the realm timer to the population this would be the next best thing. Specially since it appears people are starting to come to hib to dodge.
Tue 10 Sep 2019 5:54 PM by Roto23
At ten you get a new title. "Realm Turd"
Tue 10 Sep 2019 6:00 PM by Keelia
“Better than you”. Is more fitting
Wed 11 Sep 2019 7:01 AM by inoeth
how about "add fagg" ... but maybe nobody will wear it, because it wont be that unique
Wed 11 Sep 2019 1:28 PM by Keelia
There’s like 3 groups running recently that don’t add, the rest a utter garbage.
Thu 12 Sep 2019 5:19 PM by Chaskha
The "add" concept is an inventive way to say leave my RPs alone (at least in 80% of the cases).
Three realms at war, red is an enemy, why in hell would you let a red kill a realm mate ?
Only in DAoC such a treacherous concept has evolved into some glorious bullshit ...
Fri 13 Sep 2019 8:25 AM by Bicstor
So, if Im just stood somewhere as a stealther and a smallman group of my realm gets jumped by a full group from another realm within my clip range you expect me to suicide on the enemy group? because that is what I would be doing in the vast majority of cases. And you suggest I should suffer a penalty if I dont perform this act of self sacrifice?
Fri 13 Sep 2019 9:43 AM by Chaskha
No, I suggest that you play the game as if you are at war.
Your point is very good though. This flag would not be easy to put in place maybe it is even not possible.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 2:56 PM by Sixin2082
I suggest you let people play how they see fit. If you put in a mechanism that penalizes the people who want to play a certain way you won't get them to play your way, you will just convince them to leave sooner.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 3:09 PM by vxr
1 - This is not war. This is a game. A games job is to be fun above all other things.
2 - Even in war, you don't usually kill everyone. There are rules of engagement. Different sides have different rules. A lot of people would think twice about killing people who are unarmed or who have surrendered.
3 - Even enemies can show each other respect.

At least that is my opinion, your free to have your own.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 5:19 PM by hawsey813311
vxr wrote:
Fri 13 Sep 2019 3:09 PM
1 - This is not war. This is a game. A games job is to be fun above all other things.
2 - Even in war, you don't usually kill everyone. There are rules of engagement. Different sides have different rules. A lot of people would think twice about killing people who are unarmed or who have surrendered.
3 - Even enemies can show each other respect.

At least that is my opinion, your free to have your own.

this all day, so tired of the lame this is a war reasoning just because you want to add on my fights because you suck too hard to get your own solo rps.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 5:20 PM by hawsey813311
pls allow me to just turn this traitor flag on myself. id love the opportunity to kill my realm mates, especially when the action is slow and they are acting like a dumbass.
Sat 14 Sep 2019 5:30 PM by Chaskha
I agree on enemies being able to show each other respect and obviously, it's just a game.
Yet witnessing a realm mate being killed without lifting a finger, is being a traitor.

Your dumb solo reasoning would hold in a game with all classes being able to solo. This is clearly not the case and shouldn't be.
I don't care if people want to solo and are awesome at it, I'm annoying when they claim this is the "good player" way (hence your "suck at getting your own RPs ... lol).
Sat 14 Sep 2019 6:35 PM by carlwinslow
Some people enjoy 1 v 1 I know I do, this game is already a zerg fest so you wanna punish solo players more becuase they didn't back you up when you got killed by a solo? Sorry I don't like that, if you wanna zerg stuff join a group. It really blows when you are having an awesome 1 v 1 going and then some random dude decides he wants to leech and ruins the fight. More people should show some respect in these situations, as far as stealthers go though I think they are fair game to add on since they have it pretty easy right now with vanish on a low timer.
Sun 15 Sep 2019 1:52 AM by gotwqqd
carlwinslow wrote:
Sat 14 Sep 2019 6:35 PM
Some people enjoy 1 v 1 I know I do, this game is already a zerg fest so you wanna punish solo players more becuase they didn't back you up when you got killed by a solo? Sorry I don't like that, if you wanna zerg stuff join a group. It really blows when you are having an awesome 1 v 1 going and then some random dude decides he wants to leech and ruins the fight. More people should show some respect in these situations, as far as stealthers go though I think they are fair game to add on since they have it pretty easy right now with vanish on a low timer.
Pretty hypocritical
Sun 15 Sep 2019 4:16 AM by carlwinslow
Why is it hypocritical? Stealthers have ever advantage right now, you can kill most characters with ease, and you can vanish anytime the heat is on you. I could care less waht you think is fair if you are on a stealther since most of you add and zerg anyways. Stealthers deserve zero respect and thats the choice you make when you roll a stealther.
Sun 15 Sep 2019 7:39 AM by gotwqqd
carlwinslow wrote:
Sun 15 Sep 2019 4:16 AM
Why is it hypocritical? Stealthers have ever advantage right now, you can kill most characters with ease, and you can vanish anytime the heat is on you. I could care less waht you think is fair if you are on a stealther since most of you add and zerg anyways. Stealthers deserve zero respect and thats the choice you make when you roll a stealther.

Like I said...hypocrite
Sun 15 Sep 2019 8:57 AM by Chaskha
Yes everybody enjoy a 1v1, I do too when it is a fight where I can at least defend myself.
I don't care if I loose to a skilled player, I do care when I get killed by a solo class and there is some idiot of my realm standing there and not helping in the name of the "good game bs".

The other day, I even got a realm mate coming to me and jumping; pointing a direction where I see 3 albs. I figured he needed help went on fight then he stood there hugging the cleric. I get that it must have been fun for them but in the context of the game, he was a traitor.

I got killed by a paladin who is soloing the other day, I stood a chance but he did master his class and placement just better than me. I congratulate this dude, he played well and there are plenty of skilled solo players but unless all classes are made equal, DAoC is NOT a 1v1 game and no 1v1 fight rules should prevail.
Sun 15 Sep 2019 6:58 PM by carlwinslow
Not really I have a clearly defined view on visible solo 1 v 1 and stealther 1v1. Why should someone who is trying to assassinate me or add on me with other stealthers have my respect? You want to be able to assassinate people/fight dirty but also get respect when other people show up during your 1 v 1? nah
Sun 15 Sep 2019 7:17 PM by Freedomcall
Yes, DAoC is not 1v1 game.
No, helping your realm mate is not mendatory.

If you want to help(or add), go ahead.
If you are not willing to help(or add), no problem.
Everyone has their own vision and thoughts.
Why do you want to compell your playstyle to others?
Mon 16 Sep 2019 3:59 PM by Keelia
Freedomcall wrote:
Sun 15 Sep 2019 7:17 PM
Yes, DAoC is not 1v1 game.
No, helping your realm mate is not mendatory.

If you want to help(or add), go ahead.
If you are not willing to help(or add), no problem.
Everyone has their own vision and thoughts.
Why do you want to compell your playstyle to others?

So wise this one is.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics