Nerf ellyl pet

Started 9 Sep 2019
by carlwinslow
in Suggestions
This pet is just too much, I'll whine til the cow comes home about it, nerf!
You guys made a effort to nerf the op melee mobs but you left the ridiculous caster ones in here, why??
This mob is a biproduct of the switch to NF and needs to be gimped for the health of the server.
Don't forget how important it is to be mindful of game balance, these pets are over tuned, the pet itself is stronger then most the minstrels I face for reals.
Let's keep it peaceful in here folks, I have a right to call for nerf on this crazy pet which didn't exist here until the switch to NF as far as I know.
Agree or agree to disagree but lets be civilized in here!
Mon 9 Sep 2019 6:33 AM by easytoremember
ellyl sage was in OF too
Also ofc it'll be stronger than the minstrel, it's higher level
Mon 9 Sep 2019 6:40 AM by carlwinslow
I felt like I never saw them in OF, maybe I didn't rvr in alb enough to see them. Regardless they are pretty cheap. If the devs can make an effort to nerf op melee pets then they should do so to these insane caster ones too. There is already too many crazy pets in game and tbh I actually felt like they did a good job toning minstrels down on this server from being too op until recently where every minstrel is using these all the time. People will always flock to the most op tactics available and this is what is happening. I have been whining about minstrels since Genesis days and I have been okay with them up until recently with how over tuned this pet is. IMO just nerf it already and get it over with,. If they can break their pet out of CC even if it get mezzed or rooted then this crazy pet that nukes like a chanter pet and also heals a bunch needs a nerf, it's simply too much to deal with and it's bad game balance.

Remember when the devs gave Earth wizzies an entire overhaul of custom buffs on game luanch, guess what... every wiz you encounter is a earth wizzy now the other 2 wiz spec lines have basically been forgotten unless its someone who just really wanted have that specific build for whatever reason. Basically custom buffs caused a meta shift with wizards and now the other 2 spell lines are borderline garbage in comparison. If you try to defend/attack a keep vs the alb zergs you will notice they have swarms of earth wizzies lol. My point I am trying to make overall is that it's important to be mindful of game balance and tone things down that are borderline exploitative when needed or people will abuse it, earth wiz, ellyl pet etc.

Take my advice it will make the server better and more fair, I have a keen sense for game balance, it doesn't take too long to see what is wrong with this game and what needs fixing. If you don't want to nerf them I accept it and move on but it's important to have a dialogue at least!
Mon 9 Sep 2019 7:04 AM by Sepplord
carlwinslow wrote:
Mon 9 Sep 2019 6:40 AM
Take my advice it will make the server better and more fair, I have a keen sense for game balance, it doesn't take too long to see what is wrong with this game and what needs fixing

to be fair, so far you haven't delivered a single reason besides "the pet is crazy op"...

You built your opening on the claim that the mob is a byproduct of the switch to NF. When that was corrected you admitted to "feeling it differently" but "whatever, they still cheap" and then went off tangent about earthwizards

so all in all:

i don't believe you are the balance guru you claim to be.
Others have come here similar snooty, they have fallen on deaf ears too
Mon 9 Sep 2019 7:07 AM by carlwinslow
I mentioned how they nuke similar to chanter pets but also heal and can not be cc'd outside of stun, not enough for you? You could try reading a bit before dismissing my post like I haven't brought up any valid points. Fact is if it existed in OF it was limited to the albion rvr zone, not the entire NF world that we have now buddy boi.
I feel like fenrir prophets could use a nerf too. It's up to the devs not some random forum hater to decide what happens, all we get to do is play the game and give our meaningful thoughts and suggestions. I personally think I am on the right side of daoc history with my stance on this. NERF!
Mon 9 Sep 2019 7:17 AM by Kaziera
And again somebody that wants rvr tailored for 1v1 and who wants knowledge and skill punished. Please dont. While i hate mins pets as a mostly hib or mid, without strong minstrel, alb groups would be total victims.
Mon 9 Sep 2019 7:18 AM by carlwinslow
Alb groups are doing amazing right now, I constantly see alb groups rolling through people, are you serious? I promise if the ellyl pet got nerfed alb will still be okay, it's not gonna be the end of albion. Minstrel is already very strong if played correctly even with a normal not OP pet. The current meta is caster setups anyways, alb is probably in the best spot of all the realms with coordination, besides the fact that with debuff assist you will basically just be instantly vaporized by the cabbies and sorcs they also have like 5+ pets in group rofl, they could use a few nerfs imo.

Oh yeah btw using the ellyl pets isn't skillful and it doesn't make you good. It's as easy mode as it gets honestly , I would be ashamed to use that pet on my mins considering how it basically takes any skill out of the equation based on how forgiving it is. Not sure where you got that "skillful" part from.
Mon 9 Sep 2019 7:35 AM by Kampfar
I also died to a minstrel with this pet. Must be nerfed or removed...
Mon 9 Sep 2019 7:54 AM by carlwinslow
Wow very funny and original, only seen that same generic low effort response for the 10 millionth time.
Unless you are serious in which case I totally agree it should be removed. Devs nerfed the OP melee pets, what makes these ones so special and untouchable?
Assuming you are mocking me let me remind you that skalds have never been stronger than how they are on this server due to custom buffs so you don't really have a leg to stand on when mocking my views in this balance discussion pal, I am playing a reasonable character that isn't OP out of the box, requires some skill.
If you weren't mocking me I apologize, it's hard to tell honestly, I am sure there are others who think these pets are broken as well. Have a nice evening.
Mon 9 Sep 2019 8:18 AM by Lerox
@carlwinslow would you like to fight an orange caster pet which you can nearsight and interrupt or a purple melee pet you can't cc at all besides stun?
I have no idea how annoying is the sage pet in keep fights but since it needs LOS it should not be a problem.

Caster pets got nerfed before and the heal of the sage is not really high for its long cast time.
You can outplay a minstrel with the sage pet easily but seems like you can't see it.

By the way why are you not mentioning the mentalist who is able to hold those pets too?

Just get used to other pets and learn how to fight them we had to deal with way worse pets in the first months of phoenix and they changed it with NF for some reason.
Of course I am a minstrel an biased but give those few minstrels who use a pet something to be happy about and don't feel like getting suppressed.

PS: If you start reworking the sage they have a lot of work to do with other pets.
Mon 9 Sep 2019 8:22 AM by carlwinslow
I appreciate that you weren't snarky in your response Lerox, I want to agree with you since you seem friendly but the fact they can break cc on themselves and the pet makes it so you can't really counter it outside of stunning. i have a minstrel too, so I don't hate minstrels, just don't like this pet or the fenrir prophet tbh. Yea mentalists are in the same boat but they can't cause mayhem solo like a minstrel can lol. Anyways have a nice evening, wishing all the best and all the best game balance to you guys.
Mon 9 Sep 2019 8:38 AM by Lerox
If I understand correct you mean you can't counter it when you fight against a minstrel 1v1?
Well in this case the pet won't matter a minstrel won't be cc-able with any pet.

Strategy in 1v1:
Go melee onto sage pet so it stops casting. Then the minstrel has to put it into a new position which will be hard. Rupt the pet if it starts healing.
If the minstrel is doing kite and run tactic you are basically fucked.

Strategy in smallman+:
As soon as the pet got a little distance to its owner mezz pet and owner. He has to release it and the sage starts casting to get him out of mezz. When the pet starts casting interrupt and and damage it to get aggro. If the pet attacked you before even a heal in your group can make it attacking you. Meanwhile the minstrel is still in mezz and you nuke down the pet. It is an orange pet which is easily killed.

Minstrel is a strong if not the strongest class in game but it got his downgrades which might or might not be fair. I am playing since server launch and I complained about things and I "abused" OP things too. I am not happy with all the changes and nor will I. But as I mentioned before that there is not really a nerf needed for charmed caster pets.
Mon 9 Sep 2019 9:56 AM by inoeth
im a hunter, not having trouble at all vs minstrel... just sending my pet to his pet = problem solved.
dont attack minnies when you cant handle them

i do not try to attack palas and necros because i dont stand a chance
Thu 12 Sep 2019 8:08 AM by carlwinslow
They need to nerf charmed pets already, if you mez the pet he should not be able to just release it out of mez, it's so ridiculous it means the minstrel got outplayed but of course people will cry at what I am saying and pretend like it's still skillful somehow to push the release button and to have no negative consequence for getting outplayed. Minstrels have demezz, they should have to use it, then I would actually be impressed. Raise the skill floor for minstrels devs, make it so the pet can not just be released from CC. I am okay with the minstrel getting out of CC if the pet is free but if I CC the pet then that should keep the pet locked down for mez duration. Please make a custom change so that they cannot release their pet if it is mezzed.

Assuming a nerf to this mechanic ever happens imagine this interaction.

I get the jump and mez pet and minstrel, minstrel purges, stuns me and tries to demezz his pet. I can then purge and try to stop him from demezzing, see how this interaction adds fair counterplay? Why can't we have a real balance change like this, it took me 10 seconds to come up with that and its already a million times better than what we have now. Maybe add a vote about it so the community can decide if minstrels stay low effort high reward or we raise the skill floor of minstrels the democratic way.

Better balance, better pizza, papa johns
Sat 14 Sep 2019 12:28 AM by teiloh
https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/b7f3cd34-9c7c-4e50-8efc-e5ef1e3a06e7

Ellyl pets have already been nerfed to **** on this server.

And there have been 20+ nerfs to charmed pets.

Do you think you should instantly win because you pressed mez twice?
Sat 14 Sep 2019 8:55 AM by carlwinslow
So you think hitting release makes you better than someone who is able to get a mez off on a speed 6 minstrel charging at them and a pet, lawl.
Sat 14 Sep 2019 1:02 PM by Lerox
carlwinslow wrote:
Thu 12 Sep 2019 8:08 AM
I am okay with the minstrel getting out of CC if the pet is free but if I CC the pet then that should keep the pet locked down for mez duration. Please make a custom change so that they cannot release their pet if it is mezzed.

So do you mean all CC or just mezz?
If you mean all CC the minstrel will be a speedbot only.

carlwinslow wrote: Maybe add a vote about it so the community can decide if minstrels stay low effort high reward or we raise the skill floor of minstrels the democratic way.
You need a lot of skill to play good as a minstrel so not sure if it needs a change.

How about you people just learn how to counter a minstrel? It is not like it is impossible and yeah in solo minstrel is strong but there are other classes which are OP in solo too so you can not balance the game for solo, 8v8 and zerg.

So show some love for those people who decide to play a minstrel at least. <3
Sat 14 Sep 2019 4:53 PM by carlwinslow
Minstrel really isn't that hard these days, all you have to do is set up your mouse macros and pet charming is borderline automated, the hard part is when you start trying to mez people/attack people and control the pet at the same time which isn't really that hard if you have your macros set up, it just requires some focus like, okay I just used flute mez, need to recharm my pet again etc. Skillful would be the minstrel using his demezz to clear his pet if he got outplayed and turning the fight around.
Sat 14 Sep 2019 6:42 PM by Lerox
Well I doubt we will agree in some points which is not bad but I just can say that there is reason why there are so few minstrel which want to play as a real minstrel (like with pet and knowing what to do) in a RvR group.
Of course could be because minstrel is way too easy to play and they want to show their real skills with other classes.

Well enough said from my point of view if there will be/wont be changes the staff might have a reason for that.
Sun 15 Sep 2019 11:51 PM by teiloh
carlwinslow wrote:
Sat 14 Sep 2019 4:53 PM
Minstrel really isn't that hard these days, all you have to do is set up your mouse macros and pet charming is borderline automated, the hard part is when you start trying to mez people/attack people and control the pet at the same time which isn't really that hard if you have your macros set up, it just requires some focus like, okay I just used flute mez, need to recharm my pet again etc. Skillful would be the minstrel using his demezz to clear his pet if he got outplayed and turning the fight around.

You aren't outplaying anyone by pressing mez twice from max range with a 350+ dex caster
Mon 16 Sep 2019 5:59 AM by carlwinslow
Minstrels can start flute mez at 1500 range and then run out of range and then run back into range to finish the pulse which I actually think is kind of neat, but you also get these caster pets, so all you have to do is get into 1500 distance, send the pet and then run away while the pet rupts (not so nice). My point is mezzing a minstrel is already challenging considering the minstrel can just keep his distance if he wants while the pet rupts. So besides the fact that mez is useless against a minstrel and minstrel pet anyways it's not exactly easy to mez a minstrel in the first place if they know how to avoid it. Not only that they can close the distance very quickly, you should fight one sometime and see how quickly they can get up close to you. Imo people shouldn't be punished for successfully mezzing minstrel pet, the mechanic should be changed to bring it into balance a bit. I am willing to deal with it how it is though because I think eventually with enough ranks healer will be able to handle both but I need high rank most likely.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 6:22 AM by Razur Ur
Elly with Buffs do more dmg as some Caster :-D
Mon 16 Sep 2019 9:49 PM by teiloh
Razur Ur wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 6:22 AM

lol, they nuke for 40-70 on this server with a 3s cast time
Mon 16 Sep 2019 10:05 PM by Keelia
Mezz mini, agro/mezz/root/kill pet when he releases it. Problem solved, not sure what the issue is.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 6:14 AM by Razur Ur
teiloh wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 9:49 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 6:22 AM

lol, they nuke for 40-70 on this server with a 3s cast time

You know ironic? :-D
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics