Housing empty lots

Started 26 Aug 2019
by Keelia
in Suggestions
There needs to be a way to find empty lots in housing. Roaming aimlessly around till you stumble across one is stupid.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 12:16 PM by florin
Until a command line is developed - I find what works is doing a /houseface xxx til an invalid one pops up meaning it’s an empty lot. (Or out of range)
Wed 28 Aug 2019 6:49 PM by Keelia
Bump, fix this
Fri 30 Aug 2019 4:53 PM by Keelia
Bumped again, easy fix you should fix it.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 6:17 PM by chryso
Yeah, because you finding a lot is the most pressing issue...
Fri 30 Aug 2019 6:24 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Keelia wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 4:53 PM

If it were easy, I'm sure they would have fixed it by now, considering how often it's brought up.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 6:25 PM by Bicstor
Keelia wrote:

How do you know its an easy fix?
Fri 30 Aug 2019 6:30 PM by chryso
Bicstor wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 6:25 PM
Keelia wrote:

How do you know its an easy fix?

An excellent question. Perhaps Keelia could paste the code change here and the devs could just copy it to the server.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 6:38 PM by Bicstor
Ive just located an empty lot in 4min 30s, using the method i told him to use, but obviously other things are more important.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 3:37 PM by Keelia
It’s fixed on live, if they can do it on live they can do it on here. I’m not a nerd computer programmer, but for something they fixed on live back in like 2004 shouldn’t be an issue to fix now.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 3:39 PM by Keelia
Bicstor wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 6:38 PM
Ive just located an empty lot in 4min 30s, using the method i told him to use, but obviously other things are more important.
Yes good for you you can use a slash command and change a number in it. Point is with all the quality of life things here you shouldnt have do resort to doing that. I’m sure they will come up with another way for people to PvE and get RPs first though.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 4:04 PM by Bicstor
Keelia wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 3:39 PM
Yes good for you you can use a slash command and change a number in it. Point is with all the quality of life things here you shouldnt have do resort to doing that. I’m sure they will come up with another way for people to PvE and get RPs first though.

Point is Im not lazy and expect everything handed to me on a plate. Its something you have todo once(per realm). If owning a house was that important to you you would of got one by now instead of posting/bumping your post throughout the week.

Just because it was "fixed" in live back in 2004, does not mean it was non trivial to do so. They had a team of devs, full time, paid, here we have volunteers working as and when they can/feel inclined to do so. There are plenty of issues on tracker which should have a higher priority, things that are broken that influence actual gameplay, I would rather they were fixed first.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 5:30 PM by Keelia
Have you actually looked through the big tracker? 99% of them are the stupidest things I’ve seen. Being lazy and doing a meaningless task for an undetermined amount of time are 2 totally different things. I tried the /houseface command and of the 10 houses I found the lots were all 40p+ to buy, not paying 80 plat when I know there’s other lots that are much cheaper.
Mon 2 Sep 2019 6:50 AM by Sepplord
Keelia wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 5:30 PM
I tried the /houseface command and of the 10 houses I found the lots were all 40p+ to buy

Do you have any idea how lot-pricing works?
Mon 2 Sep 2019 11:13 PM by Keelia
Yes they loose like 1p an hour. My point is instead of having people run aimlessly trying to find a lot that isn’t 80p it wouldn’t be to far fetched to have a merchant who ports you to the cheapest lot. Not to much to ask for, maybe we can use the new voting system to void for it.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics