NF suggestions

Started 21 Aug 2019
by Expfighter
in Suggestions
Since we are forced to play this garbage frontier, here are a few suggestions to make it playable, for offense and defense

1. Give oil more than 2 hps, right now you can't even get it armed before it is destroyed, maybe 10 to 20 times more hps. Defense tool
2. Make oil unattackable by magic users
3. Change tower port breaking, taking 1 tower should not break the supply chain.
4. Makes docks aggressive with lvl 99 guards at them for invading realms, dumbest thing ever is giving an invading realm a boat and speed
5. Let us port to the NF side of our own bk's
6. Make use of the OF relic keeps in emain, hw,, and odins in the solo hill areas, maybe for enemy relics?
7. Put high lvl guards in the dang relic temples, right now you can open the gate and go right in no problem, this is for defense

I know I had more, but my old brain can't think of them right now
Thu 22 Aug 2019 7:31 AM by Lillebror
Point 3!!!
I wanna log off each time i have to run to Hurb dock from snow
Thu 22 Aug 2019 8:09 AM by CronU
Expfighter wrote:
Wed 21 Aug 2019 9:06 PM
Since we are forced to play this garbage frontier

At least its way better designed then OF. Do you remember? Just emain as only RvR zone. Zergs camping milegates, sometimes for 30-60 Minutes straight.
Taking 3 Keeps in 30 Minutes. RP wise it was awesome, no doubt. But was it rly fun? imo it was not.

Now my opinion on your suggestions:
1. Fine for me, since Oil can be down quite quickly if all casters focus on it.
2. So.. to Kill the instantkill oil, you have to have enough 'climbers' in your zerg, that can take down the defending casters + kill the door + kill the oil before you can start ramming the gate? Bad idea imo, since step 1 can sometimes be tricky enough.
3. Yes! Rly nice, just breaking the Port to the Keep itself and not the whole chain would be rly nice. After the Keep is gone, break the Chain.
4. They can take the same boats as the defending realm, so just back to homeland or the third Realm, i dont rly see a problem here. And Hastener for Solos isn't the badest thing as well.
5. Makes total sense, thumbs up from me.
6. Since those keeps are already the solo zone and just for the 'ah look the old relic keeps, nice!'-Effect. i wont use them.
7. The hard part of collecting a Relic is raiding all those Keeps, that can be defended way easier then getting raided. imo after all those keeps are gone you dont need an extra blockade at the relic temple.
Thu 22 Aug 2019 10:22 AM by Turano
CronU wrote:
Thu 22 Aug 2019 8:09 AM
Expfighter wrote:

At least its way better designed then OF. Do you remember? Just emain as only RvR zone. Zergs camping milegates, sometimes for 30-60 Minutes straight.
Taking 3 Keeps in 30 Minutes. RP wise it was awesome, no doubt. But was it rly fun? imo it was not.
How can you take 3 keeps in 30 minutes if Emain is the only RvR zone?

Sure there were people that never left Emain and that are the ones that got bored by OF .. and all I can say is, it was their own fault. There was plenty of action in the other frontiers as well, even more so after the keep tasks and keep teleports were implemented
Thu 22 Aug 2019 1:09 PM by Azuell
Turano wrote:
Thu 22 Aug 2019 10:22 AM
CronU wrote:
Expfighter wrote:

How can you take 3 keeps in 30 minutes if Emain is the only RvR zone?

Sure there were people that never left Emain and that are the ones that got bored by OF .. and all I can say is, it was their own fault. There was plenty of action in the other frontiers as well, even more so after the keep tasks and keep teleports were implemented

Maybe there was action other places in EU primetime but not NA primetime. I'd go to Odin's or Hadrian's and not see a single person in 20 minutes.

NF is way better in my opinion but I don't have a problem with most of the changes suggested.
Thu 22 Aug 2019 3:27 PM by chryso
CronU wrote:
Expfighter wrote:

At least its way better designed then OF. Do you remember? Just emain as only RvR zone.

All realms were having RVR zone when you only got task credit for going to task zone. Then people were crying "I want task credit without going to task zone. >.< " I think allowing credit for task without being in task zone is what made emain the only zone people went to.
Thu 22 Aug 2019 4:29 PM by Shamissa
Place guards in the relics town is definitely needed, not sure why hasn’t been implemented yet.
Thu 22 Aug 2019 6:47 PM by Boltman
Can a relic be ninja'd here? Meaning once the milegates are open, can you log out in an enemy relic temple and log back in when they take the relic back? Then grab said relic and jump the mile gate from the inside? Since there aren't any guards... Or is it coded that the relic can only be removed if the gate is open?
Thu 22 Aug 2019 6:50 PM by Expfighter
Boltman wrote:
Thu 22 Aug 2019 6:47 PM
Can a relic be ninja'd here? Meaning once the milegates are open, can you log out in an enemy relic temple and log back in when they take the relic back? Then grab said relic and jump the mile gate from the inside? Since there aren't any guards... Or is it coded that the relic can only be removed if the gate is open?

Yes
Thu 22 Aug 2019 8:34 PM by gotwqqd
Expfighter wrote:
Thu 22 Aug 2019 6:50 PM
Boltman wrote:
Thu 22 Aug 2019 6:47 PM

Yes

What are you answering
Fri 23 Aug 2019 10:08 AM by gruenesschaf
6 and 4 would be a no, 2 would also be a no as the inner keep oils are not accessible by climbing.

3 is something we're going back and forth on, the way it is right now has the nice property that you can stop attacks in their tracks by just taking one of the towers near the enemy central keep, however, the downside is that it stops attacks in their tracks and thereby kills the action.

1 would only force the attackers to wait a bit more before starting the ramming process, not really sure if that is useful, might lead to some carelessness when a single group is attacking a tower they think is unattended, don't really see much of a downside though in either increasing the oil hp or reducing the damage taking by a bit.
Fri 23 Aug 2019 7:04 PM by Expfighter
gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 23 Aug 2019 10:08 AM
6 and 4 would be a no, 2 would also be a no as the inner keep oils are not accessible by climbing.

3 is something we're going back and forth on, the way it is right now has the nice property that you can stop attacks in their tracks by just taking one of the towers near the enemy central keep, however, the downside is that it stops attacks in their tracks and thereby kills the action.

1 would only force the attackers to wait a bit more before starting the ramming process, not really sure if that is useful, might lead to some carelessness when a single group is attacking a tower they think is unattended, don't really see much of a downside though in either increasing the oil hp or reducing the damage taking by a bit.

Thank you for your reply

I remembered another NF issue
8. Please reduce the keep and tower combat timer to 2 minutes after the keep or tower is not being damaged anymore
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics