BG Ban Command

Started 17 Aug 2019
by CronU
in Suggestions
Hello everyone,

since some days, multiple people and/or guild are showing quite bad behavior despite their own realm or against the bg leader.
Imo instead of turning bg privates, or bg leaders have to get harassed in whatever ways.. the easiest solution would be a /ban command.

2 commands needed here:
/bg banplayer <name>
/bg banguild <guildname>

Characters or Guilds that get banned, will get removed automaticly of the Battlegroup and can no longer join said Battlegroup.
Like this unwanted Players or even Guilds, that showed bad behavior in the past or even harassed the BG Leader, can be banned from the BG activities/chat in the future.

What do you think? Is this Command needed? Or do you thing this commands would be to hard and the BG Leaders have to work around people that show bad behavior?

greez Clary
Sat 17 Aug 2019 8:49 PM by ExcretusMaximus
No.

You should work to build the community, not enable the creation of cliques.
Sat 17 Aug 2019 8:56 PM by Shoyur
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 17 Aug 2019 8:49 PM
No.

You are incredibly right
Sun 18 Aug 2019 5:38 AM by CronU
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 17 Aug 2019 8:49 PM
No.

well spoken, but this simply doesnt work with diffrent people. Some seem to just be here to troll.. or just to say what worked wrong.

I can just say, this went this far that in Midgard NOONE wanna lead the RvR BG by now.
And everyone who was online yesterday, could clearly see why this is like this.
"Why didnt you defend x instead of y?"
"Why dont you take the Relics back?"
"Why did you engage the Hibs instead of the Albs?"
"Why are we still raiding Tower instead of going for Keeps/the other Zergs?"

All those sentence came from ~5 players out of 1 single guild.
The BG in Midgard is struggeling, some people just want to harass the raidlead with... sorry but stupid question and just negativ wipes.. those exact people would never ever open a BG for the Realm. They just want to complain..
Without a change of mind of some people... or without such a ban command... Midgard will lose all their BG Leaders in ... wait .. ah yeah - pretty much now.

So i'd say good luck Midgard without BG Leaders, maybe some new will rise, that can hold those flames, those nonsense comments, those harassments.. but the current ones simply cant any longer.
Sun 18 Aug 2019 6:33 AM by Chaskha
I suggest a macro /macro STFU /bc Because I got high, because I got hiiiighhh. Now bring your pouty mouth outta the room. Ouh ouh ouh. I couldn't care less of you, lil mama boy. I run the battleground, I ain't a drone. Ouh. Try it yourself, try it yourself, you are so strong ...

A good leader learn to bat off the opinions of salty stupids (and acknowledge that while he/she is doing something most can't or won't, he still just a human prone to mistakes).

When the stupids voice are banned, we enter in tyranny and while it seems nice at first, it's always snowballing to hell.
Bans are for "criminal actions" not for "idiots having an opinion".
Sun 18 Aug 2019 1:13 PM by Enyore
As already stated this will only help to divide the community.
Sun 18 Aug 2019 3:17 PM by Aph
You can just /ignore playername? Seems to solve the issue just fine. Over time they will stop typing if they never get a response.
Sun 18 Aug 2019 5:00 PM by Iuppiter
A /bg muteplayer <x> command would solve both problems.
Mon 19 Aug 2019 5:21 PM by Runental
Indeed. I think /BG ban player is a bit over the top.
/BG mute player for about 30 minutes is a good thing though.
Thu 22 Aug 2019 2:35 PM by TejasAcutal
I want a community too. BUT....when some player or guilds are obviously ruining the enjoyment of said community, a solution should exist. Should this be reported to GM?
Mon 26 Aug 2019 1:06 PM by Keelia
Just don’t Zerg and you won’t have this issue. Zerging has ruined the PvP on this server, zerging keeps should not be a viable way to get RPs.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 5:43 PM by Sepplord
Keelia wrote:
Mon 26 Aug 2019 1:06 PM
Just don’t Zerg and you won’t have this issue. Zerging has ruined the PvP on this server, zerging keeps should not be a viable way to get RPs.

to be fair.... how do you propose to raid a keep with 8man?
Mon 26 Aug 2019 6:31 PM by chryso
Keelia wrote:
Mon 26 Aug 2019 1:06 PM

I am sure you would be much happier if it was just you and your 7 friends left playing.
Tue 27 Aug 2019 11:09 AM by Keelia
Would be happy if it was me, my 7 friends and 100 other like minded players.
Tue 27 Aug 2019 1:25 PM by Horus
Enyore wrote:
Sun 18 Aug 2019 1:13 PM

Disagree
It is more divisive having a few bad apples ruining a whole BG for all. Some behavior SHOULD be divided out from the community if it is just toxic and hurting the existing community.
Tue 27 Aug 2019 1:51 PM by chryso
Horus wrote:
Tue 27 Aug 2019 1:25 PM
Enyore wrote:
Sun 18 Aug 2019 1:13 PM

Disagree
It is more divisive having a few bad apples ruining a whole BG for all. Some behavior SHOULD be divided out from the community if it is just toxic and hurting the existing community.

This is true, but I think a /bg silence player command would solve the problem.
Tue 27 Aug 2019 2:36 PM by Nunki
Keelia wrote:
Tue 27 Aug 2019 11:09 AM

If you would reduce the action on Phoenix to 8x8 only, the average playerbase would be by far lower than 80 ppl.
Have fun.

If you have a good group, you could farm the zerg and gather a huge amount of rps.
If you have a good group, you could find enough 8x8 action on this server and farm a lot of RPs (ask those rr11-12 groups how they do it).

If you want a server purely based on 8x8, Welcome to Uthgard, where everything was focused on classic elitist 8x8, not on RvR.
Ask your 100 like minded friends to go there. I would be damn interested in the result.

You want to see this server die fast? Focus your content on those few elitists running around.
Don't get me wrong, 8x8 is a great playstyle I enjoyed for a long time.

Those Zergfights are amazing and exactly what DAoC needed.

In my opinion, we have a situation where nearly every playstyle is welcome and playable, which is great!
Tue 27 Aug 2019 2:44 PM by Luriella
would be a fine thing i guess, for all hind of raids
Wed 28 Aug 2019 4:50 PM by Keelia
Nunki wrote:
Tue 27 Aug 2019 2:36 PM
Keelia wrote:

If you would reduce the action on Phoenix to 8x8 only, the average playerbase would be by far lower than 80 ppl.
Have fun.

If you have a good group, you could farm the zerg and gather a huge amount of rps.
If you have a good group, you could find enough 8x8 action on this server and farm a lot of RPs (ask those rr11-12 groups how they do it).

If you want a server purely based on 8x8, Welcome to Uthgard, where everything was focused on classic elitist 8x8, not on RvR.
Ask your 100 like minded friends to go there. I would be damn interested in the result.

You want to see this server die fast? Focus your content on those few elitists running around.

In my opinion, we have a situation where nearly every playstyle is welcome and playable, which is great!

Yes a good group can hit the Zerg, but the zergs are 60+ lately and when you hit them you literally get insta sosed by 5 fgs.

Lol ask the rr11 12 players, the rr12 players had multiple people playing the same account sooo yea they really don’t count.
Thu 29 Aug 2019 7:18 AM by Nunki
Keelia wrote:
Wed 28 Aug 2019 4:50 PM
Nunki wrote:
Keelia wrote:

Have fun.

Yes a good group can hit the Zerg, but the zergs are 60+ lately and when you hit them you literally get insta sosed by 5 fgs.

Lol ask the rr11 12 players, the rr12 players had multiple people playing the same account sooo yea they really don’t count.

41 RR11+ players sharing accounts? Incredible. Some proof would be great.
Thu 29 Aug 2019 1:26 PM by Azuell
Nunki wrote:
Thu 29 Aug 2019 7:18 AM
Keelia wrote:

Might want to read that again there homie.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 12:32 PM by Keelia
Nunki wrote:
Keelia wrote:
Nunki wrote:
Have fun.

If you read what I said I CLEARLY stated it was the RR12 people account sharing.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 9:25 AM by Nunki
Keelia wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 12:32 PM
Nunki wrote:
Keelia wrote:

If you read what I said I CLEARLY stated it was the RR12 people account sharing.

Yeah, my fault.
Also read about those guys sharing the account.

Ridiculous but obviously not against the rules.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics