Minstrel Nerf

Started 8 Aug 2019
by Sotor
in Suggestions
Pet release to selfhit as demezz/deroot should be nerfed. Pet shouldnt attack the charmer atfer releasing it in CC and shouldnt be able to to lose CC after release. Its not game intended to give a non determination class the possibility to gain better CC immunity by non-standard game mechanics than offtanks...

Vote for nerf +1

Greets Sotor
Thu 8 Aug 2019 10:12 AM by Druth
I would love everyone to write an essay about what the intent of every mechanic in DaoC is.
So many have the answers, lets select 5 random and see how well they correlate.

I would be in utter shock if they were not exact matches.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 10:42 AM by Killaloth
Sotor wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 9:50 AM
Pet release to selfhit as demezz/deroot should be nerfed. Pet shouldnt attack the charmer atfer releasing it in CC and shouldnt be able to to lose CC after release. Its not game intended to give a non determination class the possibility to gain better CC immunity by non-standard game mechanics than offtanks...

Vote for nerf +1

Greets Sotor

You can use a taunt style on a released pet to take agro and break this.

Problem is when you taunt a purple mob or a Ellyl Hero that hits you like a truck.

If you want a nerf you better ask for a pet nerf.

A mechanic that at least requires some skill is ok imho.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 11:09 AM by florin
As stated by gruns - the reason minstrels don’t get Det is because of this mechanic. So it is both understood and intended.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 11:54 AM by Sotor
Actually reason why minstrels didnt/dont get det is : because they are no offtank.

As a shaman / caster i cant taunt released pets, and even as a tank i dont wanna sprint to an enemy pet to taunt it before targeting the enemy minstrel lol...

Minstrels shouldnt be able to release mezzed pets at least ( casters/supporters cant demezz while being mezzed too ) And /or the pets shouldnt aggro the minstrel after releasing it, and only change to pvm status ( neutral or aggro ).
Thu 8 Aug 2019 11:58 AM by florin
Are assassins off tanks ?
Thu 8 Aug 2019 12:04 PM by Turano
florin wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 11:58 AM
They have det .. so.. obviously?
Thu 8 Aug 2019 12:25 PM by florin
Turano wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 12:04 PM
florin wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 11:58 AM
They have det .. so.. obviously?

That’s circular reasoning -they have det cause they are off tanks and they are off tanks cause they have det. I would call them pajama tanks
Thu 8 Aug 2019 12:31 PM by Ceen
Killaloth wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 10:42 AM
Sotor wrote:

Vote for nerf +1

Greets Sotor

Problem is when you taunt a purple mob or a Ellyl Hero that hits you like a truck.

No pet hits you like a truck since they are already nerfed a lot on Phoenix.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 1:06 PM by Aph
What a joke. Mentalists have exactly the same mechanic and it is one of the reasons they fucntion well in a group. Charm is a pulse that will reapply every x seconds depending on the spell. You are asking to nerf a basic mechanic of the game because you are getting beat 1v1. Minstrel are probably the best 1v1 class - don't feel bad about it. Actually it already has been nerfed. They nerfed the interval at which the minstrel can spam the charm button to reapply charm.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 1:25 PM by Killaloth
Ceen wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 12:31 PM
Killaloth wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 10:42 AM
Sotor wrote:

Vote for nerf +1

Greets Sotor

No pet hits you like a truck since they are already nerfed a lot on Phoenix.

A red Elyll Hero hits me for 300+ per swing on a 100qual reinforced armour - combined regeneration buffs. That's hitting like a truck indeed.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 2:17 PM by keen
Killaloth wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 1:25 PM
A red Elyll Hero hits me for 300+ per swing on a 100qual reinforced armour - combined regeneration buffs. That's hitting like a truck indeed.
Despite of the fact that there are no Elyll Heros in NF
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics