RPs transfer to support classes

Started 7 Aug 2019
by Killaloth
in Suggestions
I had this idea while looking at the amount of people waiting afk for a bard or a druid to rvr smallman/8man in Hib. Or logging due to the lack of them.

I'm not sure which classes are most needed on Alb/Mid but I'm sure the scenario is similar. Anything that keeps the action going should be considered imho.

It would be cool to be able to move your rps (with some rps loss perhaps?) to useful rvr classes to keep the action alive.

How: this should be a bps heavy thing to do, perhaps around 150k bps. Or perhaps the transfer should be for a loss of 20%? rps.

Class restrictions:
The aim is to help groups to hit the frontiers, not to be invaded by OP classes or annoying sneaks So:

1) Ok stealther to visible
2) No visible to stealther
3) No OP or much QQed classes or classes used mainly to solo or classes we have in abundance.
Hib: no animists, no champions
Mid: no BDs, no thanes?
Alb: no necros, no friars

Or to make things easier the transfer could be restricted to support classes only (excluding friars). Or only to/for the consistently underpop realm in the last 60/90/120 days?

Also the number could be capped to maintain a healthy ratio of support to non support classes etc.

Nothing is set in stone and there are a lot of details that can be further defined but I'd like to know your overall thoughts about the aim of this idea. Before jumping to conclusions please consider:

- Would my play style be affected/ruined by this change? How?
- You don't agree. Why?
- You would do something different. What?

Thanks!
Wed 7 Aug 2019 5:32 PM by Keelia
I’d say a hard no on that one.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 6:09 PM by vxr
I also say no, but it is an interesting idea.

Just some theory-crafting restrictions I would consider are:
1 - Transfer to support only: Bard/druid/warden - Shaman/healer - Cleric - But stat seems unfair. So maybe the least played support from each realm to make it fair.
2 - Heavy RP loss - Maybe 1 RP for ever 4 RP transferred
3 - Needs to be capped - Somewhere between R4 and R6

But honestly I don't think its the lack of RPs that is keeping players away from these classes.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 9:19 PM by Numatic
Support classes are always played less, for obvious reasons. The majority of players want to fight. Healers cant. Thus you tend to have a lower number of support characters because they lack offensive damage.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 11:16 PM by Wooshh
Potentially a brilliant idea, it can motivate to play over rank 11. I see a problem, albs absolutely needs minstrels, but it s a stealth class
Thu 8 Aug 2019 3:53 AM by Anelyn77
So basically what you're saying is that I could make any of my hib toons RR9+ in an instant (casters / BM), or my reaver / earth wiz RR7 instantly, or my SM / Skald rr7+.

Am not sure it's a good idea because obviously peeps who have more toons and decent - high RR on them can pl a new toon in 1 day, template it, then have it bam RR6+ at minimum.

Not going to happen.

/Aicha
Thu 8 Aug 2019 6:10 AM by Killaloth
Wooshh wrote:
Wed 7 Aug 2019 11:16 PM
Potentially a brilliant idea, it can motivate to play over rank 11. I see a problem, albs absolutely needs minstrels, but it s a stealth class

Minis are OP and people who have not rolled one perhaps wouldn't know how to play them either Jokes apart I don't see a solution to this. But how would the presence of other support classes impact your game? For example I love to be in an underpop realm, the more enemies in frontier the better but it's personal. What about you?

Anelyn77 wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 3:53 AM
So basically what you're saying is that I could make any of my hib toons RR9+ in an instant (casters / BM), or my reaver / earth wiz RR7 instantly, or my SM / Skald rr7+.

Am not sure it's a good idea because obviously peeps who have more toons and decent - high RR on them can pl a new toon in 1 day, template it, then have it bam RR6+ at minimum.

/Aicha

Perhaps it wasn't clear but the non-support class would be lost.

E.g. you have a RR9 BM sitting idle for a few hours a week while looking for a bard/druid. You say goodbye to your BM and transfer RPs to a bard/bruid. BM is lost.

Now you have a bard that can take to frontiers at least 2-3 afk buddies.

We can discuss about how much would cost to revert the decision if you regret it but not right now. The basic concept is to help people sitting idle to be able to rvr.
Sun 25 Aug 2019 9:16 AM by Raagnarr
Albs need minstrels but no one will group them to level.
Sun 25 Aug 2019 9:32 AM by kiectred
Alb needs minstrels and healers and you've excluded both minstrels and friars (which is even more underplayed).

So what exactly would albs be able to do? Cleric only, while both mid and hib would have multiple classes? Why exclude friar anyhow? Are you going to exclude shaman because they're good soloers? Or what about wardens? Too much utility, what if they decide not to fill a support role.

I get that there's an issue with lack of heals/support but this seems excessive and the rules you suggest are poorly thought out and arbitrary. I think it would be far easier to just add some sort of incentive to the classes as they are and not RP transfer. Besides, of all the classes in the game at low RR, support classes are the most easily accepted to groups, suffer the least from being low RR, and easiest to rank up.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 4:57 AM by Hawkaye
How about they just give rp for mez / stun and drastically increase RP for heals (include ALL heals currently spreadheal gets no rp) currently you get more RP for one 100% res than you get for 2-3 hours of healing a 8 man.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 6:49 AM by CronU
Raagnarr wrote:
Sun 25 Aug 2019 9:16 AM

Funfact: Minstrel is the most played Class of Albion in RvR, second most played Class is Cleric.

Minstrel-Herald:
https://herald.playphoenix.online/characters/realmpoints?time-frame=all-time&filter=minstrel
(you need to be above 5L6 to enter the top 250)

Cleric-Herald:
https://herald.playphoenix.online/characters/realmpoints?time-frame=all-time&filter=cleric
(you need to be above 5L5 to enter the top 250)
Mon 26 Aug 2019 7:25 AM by Sepplord
At that point you could just give supports scaling %-boost-passives to their RP gains to make them more attractive
Healing your group (imo) should never give additional RP's, just like hitting an enemy doesn't unless it dies.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 7:43 AM by kiectred
CronU wrote:
Mon 26 Aug 2019 6:49 AM
Raagnarr wrote:
Sun 25 Aug 2019 9:16 AM

Funfact: Minstrel is the most played Class of Albion in RvR, second most played Class is Cleric.

Minstrel-Herald:
https://herald.playphoenix.online/characters/realmpoints?time-frame=all-time&filter=minstrel
(you need to be above 5L6 to enter the top 250)

Cleric-Herald:
https://herald.playphoenix.online/characters/realmpoints?time-frame=all-time&filter=cleric
(you need to be above 5L5 to enter the top 250)

Fun fact, bard is 5L1 and druid is 5L5, damn near the same. Guess there's no problem at all, we can close this thread. Only reason minstrel is a bit higher at 5L6 is the plethora of soloists.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 8:18 AM by Nunki
I dislike the idea of a RP tranfser feature, there would be too many restrictions needed.

I would love a scaling RP- AND XP-bonus for support classes affected by the following factors:
- XP-bonus affected by class to realm population ratio (e.g. 2:8 for Healer/Clerics/Druids, including stealther)
-> Negative aspect, varying level speed may rip apart groups and friends leveling together.

- RP-bonus affected by class in RvR area to population in RvR area ratio (e.g. 2:8 for Healer/Clerics/Druids, excluding stealther)
- RP-bonus affected by how many players of that class are needed in a typical group-setup
- RP-bonus scaled down with higher RR
Mon 26 Aug 2019 10:08 AM by Killaloth
I'm happy with any simple solution to bring more support classes i.e. more ppl in rvr. Ofc wardens would be included.

Ministrels and friars would probably end up soloing. Imho the risk of losing a grp class to a solo class it's too high.

As a Hib I love to be in an underpop realm. More enemies = more incs = more rps.

If I was an Alb I wouldn't mind gaining more clerics while the other 2 realms gain more than one support class. That would be more rps for me in Alb.

I really like the other suggestions about giving more rps to support classes. However the more complexity you add, the less likely is the change to be implemented, like 99% of the threads in this section.

We have the best devs team I've ever seen on any shard but we have to be realistic about the feasibility of our requests.

I still see a lot of ppl idle afk waiting for a bard or spamming for one in region but I'm still not sure about the best solution. I'd be happy to lose a r10 BM to a r8 bard but not to a r1 bard
Mon 26 Aug 2019 10:56 AM by kiectred
Killaloth wrote:
Mon 26 Aug 2019 10:08 AM
I'm happy with any simple solution to bring more support classes i.e. more ppl in rvr. Ofc wardens would be included.

Ministrels and friars would probably end up soloing. Imho the risk of losing a grp class to a solo class it's too high.

As a Hib I love to be in an underpop realm. More enemies = more incs = more rps.

If I was an Alb I wouldn't mind gaining more clerics while the other 2 realms gain more than one support class. That would be more rps for me in Alb.

I really like the other suggestions about giving more rps to support classes. However the more complexity you add, the less likely is the change to be implemented, like 99% of the threads in this section.

We have the best devs team I've ever seen on any shard but we have to be realistic about the feasibility of our requests.

I still see a lot of ppl idle afk waiting for a bard or spamming for one in region but I'm still not sure about the best solution. I'd be happy to lose a r10 BM to a r8 bard but not to a r1 bard

I would like to see more clerics but you see how this isn't balanced? You're excluding 2 of albion's support classes because they can solo. It's a fair assumption for minstrels but it sorta breaks your idea. Also, most friars seem to be going the rejuv route these days... not a lot of soloists. Sad to see but true. IMO rejuv friars should be forcibly class-respecced to clerics 😅

You also mention complexity as an issue... this sounds infinitely more complex than a simple RP bonus to support classes.

Anyhow all this talk makes me wanna roll a battle bard 😁
Mon 26 Aug 2019 9:01 PM by Killaloth
kiectred wrote:
Mon 26 Aug 2019 10:56 AM
Killaloth wrote:

I would like to see more clerics but you see how this isn't balanced? You're excluding 2 of albion's support classes because they can solo. It's a fair assumption for minstrels but it sorta breaks your idea. Also, most friars seem to be going the rejuv route these days... not a lot of soloists. Sad to see but true. IMO rejuv friars should be forcibly class-respecced to clerics 😅

You also mention complexity as an issue... this sounds infinitely more complex than a simple RP bonus to support classes.

Anything that helps with the action. If it's easier to give to bonus to supports at least the bonus should be given only if grouped? I'm still not sure ab friars, tbd in case this thread gains some traction.

Maybe people spamming in /region for support classes could be pointed here. Too bad I'm going on holidays for 2 weeks.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 10:03 PM by kiectred
Killaloth wrote:
Mon 26 Aug 2019 9:01 PM
kiectred wrote:
Mon 26 Aug 2019 10:56 AM
Killaloth wrote:

Anything that helps with the action. If it's easier to give to bonus to supports at least the bonus should be given only if grouped? I'm still not sure ab friars, tbd in case this thread gains some traction.

Maybe people spamming in /region for support classes could be pointed here. Too bad I'm going on holidays for 2 weeks.

See that's a good idea regarding a grouping bonus. Don't know what all would need to be considered with respect to group sizes and which classes would qualify though. I don't think it or most other ideas would incentivize many people either, unfortunately, for a number of reasons.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics