Introduce 5-man Mondays

Started 13 Jul 2019
by Isavyr
in Suggestions
8-manning is beautiful thing, but few guilds can create groups of 8. This creates a large disparity between those that can form them regularly, and those that cannot. This makes the game less casual friendly. My idea is to exchange one day of the week--a perceived slow one, Monday--to become a 5-man day. On this day, RvR zones's max group size is 5. This will make it easier for smaller groups to form, and in turn hopefully create more action.

I propose implementing it for one month (4 mondays), and see if any difference is caused.

Edit: I settled on proposing 5-man because it feels 'right'. From a logical perspective, 1 primary buffer (shaman/druid/cleric) can mostly, but not entirely, cover the group's buffs. It allows for two healer setups, whereas 4-man typically does not. 5-man provides the most flexibility while being significantly easier to form than 8.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 2:14 PM by Leandrys
Correction : Shamans can buff all group, no problemo.

Is there something Midgard can't do here btw ?

About the opitc itself, 5vs5 events would be cool, turning the whole FZ with limited groups of 5, no ty.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 2:20 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Leandrys wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 2:14 PM

So can Druids and Clerics; what's your point?
Sat 13 Jul 2019 2:22 PM by Isavyr
Leandrys wrote:
About the opitc itself, 5vs5 events would be cool, turning the whole FZ with limited groups of 5, no ty.

I like giving players options, but I also don't like splitting population, especially when testing whether something has a positive effect on player-base. If this were successful, and popular, it could be implemented such that a certain zone (like EV) still supports 8-man during that day. But in meantime, I think it'd be best not to split the population.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 2:29 PM by Leandrys
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 2:20 PM
Leandrys wrote:

So can Druids and Clerics; what's your point?

Nop. Not all types of groups, but hey, it's ok, we all know MiDgArD SuFfErS.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 2:42 PM by Moid
I’ve never understood why the 8man crowd doesn’t play the 8man games out there like fortnite, counterstrke, call of duty, etc. It’s bizarre that they want to turn a game which was obviously never designed to be an 8man game into an 8man game. It’s like some kind of sick fetish.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 3:11 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Leandrys wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 2:29 PM
Nop. Not all types of groups, but hey, it's ok, we all know MiDgArD SuFfErS.

What group can't be buffed by the equivalent of a Shaman/Healer duo in Hib or Alb? All three realms have access to all bases and specs on two characters.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 3:16 AM by Leandrys
Think by yourself ! Imagine for one instant not playing the realm where everything's simple and natural !
Sun 14 Jul 2019 4:40 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Leandrys wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 3:16 AM
Think by yourself ! Imagine for one instant not playing the realm where everything's simple and natural !

So instead of answering the question, you insult me.

That's a victory for me.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 9:08 AM by Leandrys
Show me the insult done to you. Amusing, you can not simply conceive anything in other realms couldn't be just as smooth it is on Midgard, so you replying with a strawman. No I didn't insult you, nowhere close to it, you're just starting to understand you're wrong and trying to avoid as you can by changing my means to able to get of that rhetorical dead end you're in.

Well guess what, no, one druid isn't enough to full specs every hib formations, in facts, it's even worse on other sides, pugs struggle a lot finding bards and wardens, amusing detail for example, most of our daily BG "run" without any speed, which badly hurts the capacity of buffing the rest of the group. But who cares, doesn't happen on midgard where shams, skalds and healers belong to the most played classes of the server, easy life isn't ? Add... I don't know, you could add one war and three times the same class to fill the remaining places, it would still work. Who else can afford that ? It's even worse on Albion, don't search in there.

But that's the way it is, don't worry, it will never change, it's ok then i guess. Mid is fine, that's the most important thing.

Ps : ever seen a red S/C buff for your tanks ? Because I never did on mine, in facts my VW always lacks buffs, but that's ok, I just just have to use 75 values charges. Oh wait, they're gone lol.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 12:29 PM by Aph
Eh what are you on about? Bard can base everyone and a buff Druid can spec everyone with the new change? Maybe 2 blue specs out of 8 and all is good?
And this is regarding an 8 man setup. We are talking 5 man setups?

Anyways; I think the next event should be like the first one with a 5 man cap zone - perhaps with mordred settings to avoid zergs happen naturally.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 1:03 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Leandrys wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 9:08 AM
Well guess what, no, one druid isn't enough to full specs every hib formations

We're talking about a 5-man group where each one has a Healer/Shaman, Druid/Bard, or Cleric/Friar. Each of those characters can cast 20 buffs.

Let's assume it's a balanced group with "best" roaming composition for each realm (best is in quotations because these are the most common, not what I prefer):

Midgard - Healer, Shaman, Skald, Savage, Savage
Healer deals least important bases and PoM to everyone, that's (2*5)+3=13 buffs.
Shaman deals most important bases and specs to everyone, including endo which is replaced by potions by every group I've ever run with, that's (3*5)+(2*2)+1=20 buffs.

Albion - Cleric, Friar, Minstrel, Sorc, Cab
Cleric deals specs to everyone plus spec AF, that's 3*5+2=17 buffs.
Friar deals bases to everyone, that's (4*3)+(3*2)=18 buffs.

Hibernia - Druid, Bard, Chanter, Eld, Ment
Druid deals out specs and base Dex, that's (2*2)+(3*2)+5=15 buffs.
Bard deals out bases and spec AF, that's 5*4=20 buffs.

Where does the problem of buffing come into your argument? Or did you forget what your argument even was in your fervor to insist that Hibernia is shit and Midgard is broken?
Sun 14 Jul 2019 9:42 PM by Leandrys
No, no, Midgard is balanced, maybe even more than two other realms, we all agree on that. ^^
Sun 14 Jul 2019 9:57 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Every time someone refutes your "argument" you revert to sarcasm and avoid the point.

You're hopeless.

I'm done.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 12:06 AM by Leandrys
Man, Midgard is by far the most balanced realm, you have to accept that !
Mon 22 Jul 2019 2:40 AM by Ombrix
I’ll always vote to lower the group cap. 8 is too high and stupid.

1 player = 1 role . How stupid is this ?
(8mans will jump on me haha , WHAT 1 role ? ) You feel like a pro, because ppl carry you, that’s it.

Let’s give more tools to every class that 1 player can do way more than just peel, heal , CC , rupt , or whatever.

Group cap 5 would make every fight possible ( and not just Oh crap a 8man ok we are dead ) , except actual 8mans who run over everything, just because they are more coordinated from 10 years playing together.

Where is all the Pug RvR group ? Why we just fight META group or whatever ppl call it. How many time i see ppl complaining on /LFG channel = Lfg since 1h, nobody group , i can just go off.

Roaming PUG group is vital for a server. Right now, PUG group just follow the no brain zerg activity, leech, leech , leech , die, release, leech , leech , leech , leech. Repeat.

Mid 5mans : skald/shaman/Bd/healer/RC rm

Hib 5 mans : bard/drood/enchant/menta/bm

Alb 5 mans : minst/sorcerer/cleric/cabby/peeler

We just fight this kind of Meta setup, sometime we see some pug group but how rare is it.... they die in 10sec vs META group.

Please, give more tools to the player. This is just boring to play with 2 fingers for real.

I almost forgot this !you should Remove this Instant IP heart of legion+healing pot. Panic key is stupid and make the fight unbalanced even more.

Solo-Small man player really need to be concidered more, this task change for solo/smalls was a good idea but doesn’t work at all. Right now it’s not even worth it to run solo/small without getting ganked by every 8mans .

Lot of ppls will jump on me, and before you guys do it, run solo/smalls and then we can start to discus. 8mans/zerg players love to post some comments but they don’t even go out of keep without 50ppls stick.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics