Intended to be a classic, ends in hybrid with nf map and ra : my suggestion

Started 13 Jul 2019
by Xahr
in Suggestions
Hello, im not mastering english so i will be quick.

First, many thanks to the whole team for the phoenix server anyway.

There are some changes and decisions i never understood about this shard :

- Decision to make a survey and switch to NF by summer times wich bring a lower daoc pop we all know that. Yes NF map is not litteraly way bigger than OF maps but OF still better for a lower players base.

- One week NF test looked like an event and brought hype. Result : distorted opinions of what perma NF would be like.

- Open a molvik event for summer (only week ends or evenings or so .. ) would have been a cleaver idea in my opinion.

- this is clearly a melees oriented server i dont know if u guys just freaking hate casters but u managed to make it really frustrating for us :
Deal with 1500 range when all realms have sos and all melees have deter (skalds wtf ?) and resisting 1/4 (at least, not exagerating) of your spells.
By the way, the 12.5% resist chance displayed information is a joke and absolutely wrong. I dont know what exactly is your resist calculation but i would love to see code
in detail.
The melees attack range (savages for example) : are they using flying claws ?
The melees dmg variance looks (is ?) rly low.

etc...

Did you think about the balance when u had the idea to bring new abilities with classic content (after beta) ?

Now, there is one fact : NF and TOA are complementary : stop mixing everything. Back to real classic with classic abilities or evolve towards toa content and give us the tools we need according to the map we are playin on and the abilities we have. But right now our hybrid "version" just sucks and is totally unbalanced, sorry.

And if possible : quit this melee oriented modding <3
Sat 13 Jul 2019 12:53 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Xahr wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 12:16 PM
this is clearly a melees oriented server

What are you smoking? Every roaming group in Albion and Hibernia is 1 tank, 4-5 casters, and until debuff nuking is changed casters will continue to dominate.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:07 PM by Xahr
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 12:53 PM
Xahr wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 12:16 PM
this is clearly a melees oriented server

What are you smoking? Every roaming group in Albion and Hibernia is 1 tank, 4-5 casters, and until debuff nuking is changed casters will continue to dominate.

Dominate what ? the big zerg ? That's normal. But are you playing as 8man ? probably not.

Anyway ur comment proves i'm right. Server is modded to up melees and you are one of the reasons.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:09 PM by florin
The no damage variance on melee always struck me as a poor decision. Yes over time the average is the same but no one cares about over time. It’s the 3 consistent damage hits that kill you when at least one could have have been lower - of course this is for the sub optimally specced melee classes at low RR.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:41 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Xahr wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:07 PM
Dominate what ? the big zerg ? That's normal. But are you playing as 8man ? probably not.

Anyway ur comment proves i'm right. Server is modded to up melees and you are one of the reasons.

All I do is play in 8, Alb/Hib extension groups dominate the scene and no one in those realms runs melee-oriented groups.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 2:00 PM by Enyore
I dont recognize any of the problems you refer to....

In my oppinion the base problem you refer to is not a valid point.... Debuff groups are just as harsh as melee.

I enjoy this server much more with NF than i ever did with OF.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 2:15 PM by Isavyr
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:41 PM
All I do is play in 8, Alb/Hib extension groups dominate the scene and no one in those realms runs melee-oriented groups.

This is a sampling problem, not a balance problem, in my opinion. People enjoy those setups, and they particularly have an advantage against superior numbers that melee don't have. Therefore, the best players will run those setups. They are inherently more difficult to play, and against fair numbers+skill, no more advantaged (in my opinion and experience) than melee.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 2:17 PM by Xahr
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:41 PM
Xahr wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:07 PM

It seems that we didnt face the same groups. The only hib caster grp dominating anything is dark dawn. And you can ask Kloog about their opinion of the server moddin u'll be surprise.
Also ask dokis if melee oriented group is worth it or not.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 1:12 PM by Elekur
Its a Classic Server with a twist
Mon 15 Jul 2019 2:20 PM by relvinian
Elekur wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 1:12 PM

True, but if you are a solo caster the twist is the extra bit they give to you after they stick it in.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 2:59 PM by Hejjin
relvinian wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 2:20 PM
Elekur wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 1:12 PM

True, but if you are a solo caster the twist is the extra bit they give to you after they stick it in.
:-) To be fair, visible solo melee / hybrid face similar issues.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics