Midgard Bow Access

Started 12 Jul 2019
by cage
in Suggestions
Albion and Hibernia got access to 5.5 Bows. In Midgard the slowest is a 5.0 one.

Any interests to balance that issue?

Give Mid 5.5 Bow aswell, or atleast 5.2/5.3.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 11:02 AM by Druth
The archer classes are not meant to be copy/paste of each other, no classes really are despite people trying hard to make it so.

Hunters are meant to have faster bows/lower range.
Pet, slam, 2h, dual wield, range, speed, buffs, are all things that diversify the archer classes.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 11:44 AM by Glimmer
I like idea to give hunter access to slower bow speed.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:01 PM by Sepplord
Druth has already listed many things that are different between the archers to differentiate them, so i won't go into that again.

But to you two, favoring the change: why do you believe hunters should be buffed right now?
Personally i believe hunter (and rangers) are a tad too strong and should rather get toned down onto scout levels (in combination with an archery buffs to be intresting/worth of a high bowspec).

Singling out hunter and giving him a buff doesn't seem to be a step towards better serverbalance imo
Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:59 PM by cage
They are meant to. haha Funny argument on a customized freeshard

Bow = Archer Dmg
Slow Bow = More Dmg
Alb + Hib = 5.5 Bow
Mid = 5.0 Bow

Has nothing to deal with balance in 1v1 situation between stealthers, its just the fact that at keep fights hunters are way behind scouts/rangers. This server is "meant" to try a balancing, that was i thought. Thats why Thane, Champ, VW, Reaver got det for example. Or thane nukes like a caster. So these changes are "meant" to be and giving a Archer the same bow as the other both Archers is making him OP?
Fri 12 Jul 2019 2:40 PM by ExcretusMaximus
I am so glad you people aren't in charge of balancing.

You can't look at a class in a vacuum and make adjustments as if it will have no effect anywhere else.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 4:27 AM by teiloh
Midgard does not need any love whatsoever.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 8:06 AM by Hejjin
cage wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 10:45 AM
Albion and Hibernia got access to 5.5 Bows. In Midgard the slowest is a 5.0 one.

Any interests to balance that issue?

Give Mid 5.5 Bow aswell, or atleast 5.2/5.3.
Hunters are already considerably stronger than Scouts due to the changes to your spell line and the significant buff to your pet damage that runs faster than sprint! So no, Hunter's should not have access to the same speed bow as Scouts, then again my personal view is neither should Rangers.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics