Add Armor Patterns

Started 8 Jul 2019
by Cadebrennus
in Suggestions
Would it be possible to add the alternate skins into Armorcrafting and Tailoring? Skins like the Aurilite, Sigil, and Dragonsworn. Not for stats at all (Aurilite has none) but just for variation. Perhaps the skins can be added to the feather fashion merchant for reskinning chest pieces, but it would be cool if the rest of the pieces could be crafted. As it is now the current crafted pieces are dull and the chest reskins currently available on the fashion merchant are ugly.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:02 PM by gotwqqd
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 6:37 AM
Would it be possible to add the alternate skins into Armorcrafting and Tailoring? Skins like the Aurilite, Sigil, and Dragonsworn. Not for stats at all (Aurilite has none) but just for variation. Perhaps the skins can be added to the feather fashion merchant for reskinning chest pieces, but it would be cool if the rest of the pieces could be crafted. As it is now the current crafted pieces are dull and the chest reskins currently available on the fashion merchant are ugly.
Would this be deceptive for those that know enemy drops?
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:10 PM by romulus
Some ROGs have nice-looking skins on them, like the full-face leather helms, knee-high cloth boots and such. It would be nice to have a wide range of skins available, and the server could use some more feather-sinks!
Tue 9 Jul 2019 5:50 AM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:02 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 6:37 AM
Would this be deceptive for those that know enemy drops?

Not if you can only craft the patterns as they appear on the crafting lists. For example, I couldn't craft an Inconnu leather piece and make it look like an Inconnu plate piece and vice versa (on live).

I just remember being very disappointed at the very slick Aurilite armour patterns on live and that they were useless because they didn't have +stats or +melee speed or whatever they had. Not a problem here however because those bonuses don't exist as part of a final piece of crafted armour.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 5:52 AM by Cadebrennus
romulus wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:10 PM
Some ROGs have nice-looking skins on them, like the full-face leather helms, knee-high cloth boots and such. It would be nice to have a wide range of skins available, and the server could use some more feather-sinks!

Agreed. I felt disappointed as I leveled and either selling or salvaging some of that very cool looking armour and donning some very dull stuff as part of my level 50 templates

Make it available to crafters! We can't have horses (and nice things for our horses) so I say give us (and crafters) more options for variation.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 8:53 PM by Cadebrennus
Bump for a possible response from Devs and input from other players.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics