Scout change

Started 2 Jul 2019
by warblade
in Suggestions
Should scouts maybe have some of the "skills" from the bow line from live servers?

/Scout
Tue 2 Jul 2019 7:46 AM by paqdizzle
they really only need their damage capped boosted on 50 bow specs.
You spend 330 spec points to get 35 bow and see majority if not all bow damage available.
You spend almost 400 spec points from 35 to 50 yet only see around 30-40 more damage per shot. That's silly....
Scouts back in the day used to hit temped 50's for over 350 damage on standard shots easy. now it's a joke.
and Pen arrow isn't working how it should or even how we remember it to work vs all bubbles.
This server is starting to piss me off. either the devs or the people the devs are trying to please.. holy hell.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:04 AM by gruenesschaf
paqdizzle wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 7:46 AM
You spend 330 spec points to get 35 bow and see majority if not all bow damage available.
You spend almost 400 spec points from 35 to 50 yet only see around 30-40 more damage per shot. That's silly....
Scouts back in the day used to hit temped 50's for over 350 damage on standard shots easy. now it's a joke.
and Pen arrow isn't working how it should or even how we remember it to work vs all bubbles.
This server is starting to piss me off. either the devs or the people the devs are trying to please.. holy hell.

Read up on old archery mechanic and keep in mind everyone is running around with spec af nowadays and actually having capped melee resists.

Arguing it should receive a custom buff is fine, but it actually is working as intended / correctly. Especially penetrating arrow, back then the change for it to no longer penetrate self bt lead to quite a few flames as well but also the tiny damage gain after 52 comp spec.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 10:18 AM by chois
Give a buff bonus to hit or weaponskill for the scout, cause the mechanic is close to the weapons lines. It can be an idea or atleast a beginning
Tue 2 Jul 2019 10:50 AM by Lev
IMO
archers should be balanced further over bowspeed.
scout should have slowest bows and therefor an advantage on critshot and range.

but bow damage is high enough, so a possibility would be to reduce bow speed of hibs.
but I know this will never happen. the QQ would be legendary.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:00 AM by chois
Scout doesn t have the slowest, same max with ranger 5.5, but the only one who stay with a crappy dex and quickness. But yes he should have the slowest.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:27 AM by gotwqqd
Live archery is terrible
I hated the change

Just give archers a reason to spec over 35 bow
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:34 AM by warblade
There are plenty of stuff to add to the Scout class - this list is from live:

Shield (Spec)
Buff (str)
Buff (dex/qui)
Buff (Stealth Detection)
Speed (Inst)
Archery (Long Shot)
Archery (Power Shot)
Archery (Point Blank Shot)
Archery (Critical Shot)
Archery (Rapid Fire, Cone)
Archery (Lithic Shot)
Archery (Somatic Shot)
Archery (Acid Shot, AE)
Archery (Volley, GTAE)
Archery (Siege Shot)
Archery (Bola Shot)
Archery (Patella Shot)
Tue 2 Jul 2019 9:28 PM by paqdizzle
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:04 AM
paqdizzle wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 7:46 AM

Read up on old archery mechanic and keep in mind everyone is running around with spec af nowadays and actually having capped melee resists.

Arguing it should receive a custom buff is fine, but it actually is working as intended / correctly. Especially penetrating arrow, back then the change for it to no longer penetrate self bt lead to quite a few flames as well but also the tiny damage gain after 52 comp spec.

in 2003 my scout was hitting other players for 900 XD I get it, but no it's not working as intended.. sick of people saying that lol
Wed 3 Jul 2019 7:58 AM by Druth
We need less stealth, not more.

Buffing of a stealth class has to come at the expense of other stealth classes, and preferable in the same realm.
So for scouts extra damage, how do you want to nerf infil/minstrel?

Because if you don't, what the outcome will be is just even more stealth.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 1:41 PM by Saroi
Druth wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 7:58 AM

Buffing of a stealth class has to come at the expense of other stealth classes, and preferable in the same realm.

You don't need to nerf a stealther in order to buff the other one.

Most of the time when I check serverinfo, hunter is the most played or 2nd most played stealther. (I play EU morning and there were 22 hunters on today when I checked, while Inf and Scouts both were at 11) This happened after the overall archer detection buff but also the hunter pet buffs. The stealth range buffs was already good for them, but their pet is now faster than sprint and the damage got boosted alot. A hunter pet hits me now for around 115-130 damage, it used to do something like 50-60. And to that pet damage you get a 2h hit for 250.

While they got those buffs, there were no nerfs to SB's. It is like you say though, if you buff something, they get played alot just like the hunter.

Compared to the hunters now and the rangers, scouts are at a not so good spot. Especially the charge nerf hurt them while rangers and hunters are not really affected.

And if you want less stealth, you should try to play on EU morning time. At around 10 am I think, there were 6 total alb stealthers in frontier.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 2:05 PM by Druth
Saroi wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 1:41 PM

Unless you want more stealth, then yes.
It seems to me people somehow think boosting scouts will suddenly mean an explosion in solo scouts, it won't it will mean the people their stealth groups attack explode faster.

The detection was a good change, boosted archers at the cost of assassins.
The hunter buff was unnecessary.

You play a stealther though, so we'll never agree on this anyway.
I sadly can't show you the Powerpoint presentation that proofs my view, because I can't proof it.
It's my opinion that the amount of stealth there is, is to much.

Keep in mind, I know scout is weak, the weakest stealther in the game, but it's irrelevant to my point.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 3:03 PM by Lollie
[/quote]

And if you want less stealth, you should try to play on EU morning time. At around 10 am I think, there were 6 total alb stealthers in frontier.
[/quote]

I bet they were grouped though!
Wed 3 Jul 2019 4:15 PM by Tndiesel
Druth wrote:

Less stealth in exchange for what, the mouth breathing zerg that runs down small mans all nights, and only takes towers. There is going to continue to be more, and more stealth with that kind of action and falling server numbers. If you don't believe me look at what happen to beta because on the US prime time numbers are right there with end of beta numbers.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 5:03 PM by Hejjin
Druth wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 2:05 PM
snip...
I agree with both of the above points, but they were buffed even though they were in a better position than Scouts.

Druth wrote:
I sadly can't show you the Powerpoint presentation that proofs my view, because I can't proof it.
I agree that there is too much stealth on this server, but I believe that is mostly because of the strengths of the various assassin classes. As stated in another thread, I would be content if Scouts got a slightly slower bow as compensation for the buff to Hunters. I honestly do not believe that such a small change would suddenly increase the number of Scouts.

Druth wrote:
Keep in mind, I know scout is weak, the weakest stealther in the game, but it's irrelevant to my point.
It is very relevant to us masochists that play scouts ;-).
Wed 3 Jul 2019 6:41 PM by paqdizzle
Druth wrote:

I'd believe this but the only real reason people play scouts is to simply not be visi. it's not for the damage or the solo'ability.
at this point in the game/server (here on phoenix) scouts should be the only class/realm to get full benefit from 50 bow. (with how the game works now at this moment)
Wed 3 Jul 2019 7:07 PM by Hejjin
paqdizzle wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 6:41 PM
I'd believe this but the only real reason people play scouts is to simply not be visi. it's not for the damage or the solo'ability.
at this point in the game/server (here on phoenix) scouts should be the only class/realm to get full benefit from 50 bow. (with how the game works now at this moment)
Hmmm

That change would certainly result in a substantial increase in the number of Scouts. Whilst I want Scout's to be buffed, I believe that would be way too much of a buff.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 8:44 PM by Druth
Hejjin wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 5:03 PM
Druth wrote:
snip...
I agree with both of the above points, but they were buffed even though they were in a better position than Scouts.

Druth wrote:
I agree that there is too much stealth on this server, but I believe that is mostly because of the strengths of the various assassin classes. As stated in another thread, I would be content if Scouts got a slightly slower bow as compensation for the buff to Hunters. I honestly do not believe that such a small change would suddenly increase the number of Scouts.

Let me rephrase
Hunters should not have been buffed.
Any small change changes pop, it will make people test it out, just to see if it's gotten much better.

Hejjin wrote:

hehe, I played valkyrie from their release. I understand masochist
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:01 PM by Druth
Tndiesel wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 4:15 PM
Druth wrote:

Less stealth in exchange for what, the mouth breathing zerg that runs down small mans all nights, and only takes towers. There is going to continue to be more, and more stealth with that kind of action and falling server numbers. If you don't believe me look at what happen to beta because on the US prime time numbers are right there with end of beta numbers.

Not sure what your point is really, no clue how to respond.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:26 PM by Erardoc
Druth wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 8:44 PM
Hejjin wrote:
Druth wrote:
snip...

Druth wrote:

Let me rephrase
Any small change changes pop, it will make people test it out, just to see if it's gotten much better.

Hejjin wrote:

/Let me rephrase
Any small change changes pop, it will make people test it out, just to see if it's gotten much better./

Pic or it didnt happen.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:30 PM by Hejjin
Druth wrote:
Hejjin wrote:
Druth wrote:
snip...

Druth wrote:

Let me rephrase

Hejjin wrote:

A small amount will test it...and then leave shortly after ;-).
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:51 PM by gotwqqd
Erardoc wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:26 PM
Druth wrote:
Hejjin wrote:

Let me rephrase

Hejjin wrote:

/Let me rephrase
Any small change changes pop, it will make people test it out, just to see if it's gotten much better./

Pic or it didnt happen.
I guess you can’t change anything due to the drastic/tangential items which will be affected
Wed 3 Jul 2019 11:44 PM by Saroi
Druth wrote:
Saroi wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 1:41 PM

Unless you want more stealth, then yes.
It seems to me people somehow think boosting scouts will suddenly mean an explosion in solo scouts, it won't it will mean the people their stealth groups attack explode faster.

I doubt that if you like buff a stealther, that more visible will play it. Mostly you just have a shift around the stealther itself. I logged in at 10p.m today(Wednesday) and did serverinfo for the count, this is what I saw:

Rangers: 53
Hunters: 34
SB: 33
Inf: 26
NS: 20
Scout: 13

Rangers and hunters are on the top atm. If you look in at the charge changes, especially Assassins were crying. Because self buffs did get buffed from hunters/rangers, it seems that especially some NS left and made a Ranger. I mean you are way stronger in melee with the better buffs, armor and IP. I know some NS even went and are playing a Hunter now.

If the hunter buffs were unnecessary doesn't matter anymore. Fact is, they came through and shifted the balance in a big way. And it is not like scouts are asking for much or to be playable solo. The biggest thing is they want a reason to spec bow beyong 35.

By having a bigger reason to spec bow beyond 35 will nerf others what you say is needed. The nerfs would be hunter and Rangers. Atm they are able to get the highest possible damage in bow with only 35 spec into it. This leads for them having way more points to go melee. If they were forced to go 45/50 bow to get damage there, they would be way weaker in melee. So they would have to choose. Am I a melee hunter/ranger? Or do I want to be an archer? Atm they are both.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 11:50 PM by Saroi
As for the Scout or general archer change itself. I don't think there should be much damage added.

But I think a good buff would be to give archers a better crit shot at like 45/50 that would be the same as PA. It will not get blocked/Dodged anymore and it goes through bubble. At this point you could argue if it should actually destroy the bubble or just go through. I believe on live there are 2 Shots. 1 that destroys the bubble but has a long loading and one that shots fast, goes through bubble but not destroys it. And if I am correct, both are not able to be dodged/blocked.

Maybe an idea to also "buff" archer beyond 35 would be the scaling of bow damage itself. Just like PA, lower the damage on lower levels and make it better in scaling so that in the end it is still the same damage as now but you only need more bow spec. This would be a better buff for scouts since they don't go much melee anyways and nerf the Rangers/hunters who atm both have to high bow and melee damage.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 6:12 AM by inoeth
while i still think ppl just need to spec their scouts in the right way and stop dumping all their skillpoints into bow, i can also understand that scouts have a harder time than rangers/hunters.... maybe just maybe adding a special critshot that penetrates bubble but does not destroy it at lvl 45 would be a change that would make pure archers a bit stronger but not op. casters would still be able to react.

still i think general dmg of bow is in a good position
Thu 4 Jul 2019 7:39 AM by Glimmer
As Saroi said, give another critshots at higher bow lvl:
*To get this effect archer must be stealthed*
-40lvl bow spec: critshot can't be evaded,25% chance to penetrate & destroy self bladeturn spell,
-45(lvl bow spec: critshot can't be evaded,parried and also got little dmg increase,50% chance to penetrate & destroy self bladeturn spell
-50lvl bow spec: critshot can't be evaded,parried,blocked,little dmg increase from 45lvl bow spec,does not uncover you while preparing shot, 75% chance to penetrate & destroy self bladeturn spell.

Also would like to see while increasing bow spec(above 35) less chance to evade/block/parry/miss on archer shoots.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 8:09 AM by songfire
More options is always great, but I fail to see how more spec points into bow helps out Scouts solo viability, as it would probably take points out of melee to get there. Group, sure. It essentially make you more of a support sneak/sniper, than you already are, but solo... not so much.

As things are now, I can spec 35 bow... or maybe even as low as 27 and still have some melee potential. At least that gives me a chance versus lower RR Rangers, Hunters and Assassins.

Scouts are at the bottom of the sneak foodchain, especially in solo combat. Are they useless? I would say no, but bringing them up to par with the other Archers would make sense.
Fri 5 Jul 2019 10:32 PM by paqdizzle
takes 330 spec points to see 35 bow and do majority of your damage. on every realms archer classes.
**Except**
Hunters and Rangers already had good melee before the buff/charge patch.
Now from 35 to 50 archery, you almost spend 400 spec points to see 40 more damage.
This doesn't make sense and seems broken for scouts especially seeing how they never had good or even half-way decent melee damage.

**Scouts** = Utility(snares and stuns), medium bow damage. no melee damage.
**Hunters** = Same Utility as scouts(minus shield slam but still capable of stunning), Same bow damage give or take 10-30 damage, Pet, speed, and good/decent melee damage((sadly *almost* comparable to arms polearm dps))
**Rangers** = Same as hunters except faster weaponry XD (no pet)

I had a hunters pet hit my rr7 scout with his pet and it did 102 to me, while he did 530 something with his critshot and 270 something with his standard shot. I manage to stealth away and I caught him attacking a grey solo, so I returned the favor. Except, I did 573 crit shot and 270 as well for standard shots on him. The damage for archery is VERY similar, except when in closer range it's GG if they don't have purge, then you have to still do damage while he's stunned or you're just running for no reason. in which case you're only getting 2 or 3 more shots off at less than 300 a shot which means that target is still alive and kicking. in turn means, scouts are only good in numbers which sucks. ((or at least it means scouts have to be forced to have a separate playstyle than what scouts were used to in any version of dark age.
This is the only server that I know of where albs have it the worst. everywhere else people will claim that albs are the most OP, which I usually agree with but not here. Not on phoenix.

Think about it. 330 spec points to do peak archery damage vs other level 50's..
around 400 spec points from 35 to 50 archery - yields 40 damage.

My suggestion ((which the other 2 realms wouldn't like) just make scouts the ONLY realm to be able to spec 50 archery for more than 40 extra damage. Should be seeing 100 more damage on crit and standard shots. keep rapid fires doing 130-150 ish. done.
Fri 5 Jul 2019 10:45 PM by paqdizzle
Glimmer wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 7:39 AM
As Saroi said, give another critshots at higher bow lvl:
*To get this effect archer must be stealthed*
-40lvl bow spec: critshot can't be evaded,25% chance to penetrate & destroy self bladeturn spell,
-45(lvl bow spec: critshot can't be evaded,parried and also got little dmg increase,50% chance to penetrate & destroy self bladeturn spell
-50lvl bow spec: critshot can't be evaded,parried,blocked,little dmg increase from 45lvl bow spec,does not uncover you while preparing shot, 75% chance to penetrate & destroy self bladeturn spell.

Also would like to see while increasing bow spec(above 35) less chance to evade/block/parry/miss on archer shoots.

I do like the idea and assuming that bow damage is fixed with this suggestion. otherwise I'd say being in stealth to do a crit shot would be messed up seeing how our standard shots hit so weak that it's almost not worth it. I've crit shot people while out of stealth before in clutch spots like in PoC. saw a group of mids xp'ing and crit shot like 3 back to back on separate targets. couldn't have done that with a stealth requirement. ((BUT with your suggestion, IF standard shots were doing more than 250-low 300s on average then I'd be all for it. If my standard shots are doing 250, I would like to see 350.

as a scout, (grouped with other scouts) rapid fire is our go-to. we'll all line up and shoot crit shots at the same time, just in case one of ours hit a bubble, and follow it up with rapids. wouldn't need to spam rapid shots if standard shots hit harder for the time it takes to shoot.

meanwhile we're all sitting here trying to buff scouts ever so slightly, making sure we're not heading to OP status, we got Mentalists and elds casting 500 give or take damage at 1.5 seconds per nuke(bigger hits = bigger crits capable in RvR being at 50% of damage dealt), shrooms are still active when animists are too far away from their turrets.. Hibs have insta amnesia which to me seems like the only/main reason hibs even have balls in RvR... it's just a mess and there are a Sh*t ton of people defending the server as if it's JUST FINE!!!!

People say NF is whats going to ruin the population here... I beg to differ :/
Fri 5 Jul 2019 11:55 PM by Eidorf
I have a bow ranger and imho the problem is both the damage and utility in the bow line. Yes, damage doesn't scale well enough after 35 bow and it should be increased , but nobody wants archers doing 1000+ damage per regular shot (I've seen the scout video of that).

The problem is that currently archers have no viable enemies, they can't fight casters due to /face + QC, or pets, anything wearing studded or better armour can simply pot your initial burst, in fact the only real target for archers is actually assassins but ofc we can't see them unless they are mid fight and should archers really be just an RP leeching class? I know some like that playstyle but its not for me.

Personally I would like to spec 50 bow and have abilities that allow me to stay in bow spec and be effective, like making bow usable in melee (point-blank shot) or adding a root/snare (pinning shot), this sort of thing.

I honestly think the solution requires some imagination unlike other class buffs Phoenix staff have done (increase values/add existing spells), i'm not sure the phoenix staff have the time for it.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 7:42 AM by Sepplord
paqdizzle wrote:
Fri 5 Jul 2019 10:32 PM
**Hunters** = Same Utility as scouts(minus shield slam but still capable of stunning), Same bow damage give or take 10-30 damage, Pet, speed, and good/decent melee damage((sadly *almost* comparable to arms polearm dps))

Hunters have a backstun...that is the same utility to you as having shieldspec? Come on...how is someone supposed to take you seriously if you exaggerate like that? You are also ignoring 10% more range. Scouts are weaker than hunters, i agree...but to have a viable discussion focus on actual facts. Exaggerations don't add to your credibility

paqdizzle wrote:
My suggestion ((which the other 2 realms wouldn't like) just make scouts the ONLY realm to be able to spec 50 archery for more than 40 extra damage. Should be seeing 100 more damage on crit and standard shots. keep rapid fires doing 130-150 ish. done.

Any reasons why that should only happen in albion? Besides "just cause" or "to spite the other realms"?? Hunters/Rangers speccing more bow would take away from their other speclines too. The way you want to change damages also shows a complete lack of understanding how the damage of rapidfire/normal shots/critshot depend on each other, or are you proposing to completely change the damage calculations without any reason, and only for albion, so have to different calculation ways in the game?
Mon 8 Jul 2019 3:27 PM by cere2
I agree with some things mentioned on here and some I do not.
I think in general, bow needs to be looked at.
It may be working as intended....as it was back in classic etc. The issue is, this really is not classic, its custom.
As some have said earlier bow is easily nullified by almost any class.
Some things I think may help archers in general.

Eliminate bow's proccing (sp?) armor reactives. Or, make spells also proc the same reactives on armor to make it somewhat fair.
If my arrows are not blocked/evaded/BT'd there's always that decent chance I am auto-interrupted by a proc.
At the moment there are just too many factors that eliminate 300-350 spec points from all archer's specs.

Crit shot need's adjusted in my opinion.
Someone mentioned an increasing chance to pop/pierce BT with higher bow spec... I think that is a great idea, but should also scale with penetrating blocking/evade chance.
Crit shot should not knock you out of stealth.
Crit shot should not be evade-able
Crit shot should not be block-able...especially by a pet...
Crit shot should have a 10 sec RUT, and not be usable when not in stealth.
To me at the moment it seems like I am trying to kill Neo from the Matrix with my bow. Which is why I have discarded it.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 11:31 PM by paqdizzle
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 7:42 AM
paqdizzle wrote:

Hunters have a backstun...that is the same utility to you as having shieldspec? Come on...how is someone supposed to take you seriously if you exaggerate like that? You are also ignoring 10% more range. Scouts are weaker than hunters, i agree...but to have a viable discussion focus on actual facts. Exaggerations don't add to your credibility

paqdizzle wrote:

Any reasons why that should only happen in albion? Besides "just cause" or "to spite the other realms"?? Hunters/Rangers speccing more bow would take away from their other speclines too. The way you want to change damages also shows a complete lack of understanding how the damage of rapidfire/normal shots/critshot depend on each other, or are you proposing to completely change the damage calculations without any reason, and only for albion, so have to different calculation ways in the game?

Slam doesn't mean shit with a 5 min purge on this server and it also has a much longer immunity timer to re-stun than the hunters re-stun, in that time you're dead vs a half-way decent hunter with a pet.(in most 1v1 scenarios) Now when a hunter stuns you as a scout, you're not only getting hit for around 170-200 you're stunned.. if you purge it, you still have to get some sort of snare off on both the hunter and his pet, in which, the time you did this, you've been getting cracked by great melee dps, and in range of hunters melee that far exceeds that of a scouts melee dps JUST for a slam or snare to get in range again to shoot your bow.

The problem is: when this game was in beta, albs weren't nerffed like they are now. they've been QQ'ed into the ground and now when someone QQs about them being nerffed, all you fucks are sitting here acting as if there is nothing wrong and have no idea what balance is.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 6:22 AM by inoeth
paqdizzle wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 11:31 PM
Sepplord wrote:
paqdizzle wrote:

paqdizzle wrote:

Slam doesn't mean shit with a 5 min purge on this server and it also has a much longer immunity timer to re-stun than the hunters re-stun, in that time you're dead vs a half-way decent hunter with a pet.(in most 1v1 scenarios) Now when a hunter stuns you as a scout, you're not only getting hit for around 170-200 you're stunned.. if you purge it, you still have to get some sort of snare off on both the hunter and his pet, in which, the time you did this, you've been getting cracked by great melee dps, and in range of hunters melee that far exceeds that of a scouts melee dps JUST for a slam or snare to get in range again to shoot your bow.

The problem is: when this game was in beta, albs weren't nerffed like they are now. they've been QQ'ed into the ground and now when someone QQs about them being nerffed, all you fucks are sitting here acting as if there is nothing wrong and have no idea what balance is.

maybe leran how to scout? souds like you want an easy one button class... maybe try bonedancer of even necro
Thu 11 Jul 2019 10:32 AM by Khogor
Give Scouts the buffs they used to have. Put them in the Bow line and make higher Skill more valuable .Slight! Dam increase would be a Bonus Here.

I dont know if it is possible but perhaps bow speed from quick to dex? So the Changes above will leade to a smal Dam increase.

Is the Buff RA still skillable for Ranger/Hunter? Give it to
The support /heal classes and Take it from the archers.

Sorry Guys! ..but making other sneaks no matter If Sin ore Scout fight full Buffer opponents, seems unfair.

Mos Ra for all Sneaks , which would make us decide how much the "See ore bei Seen Point " is valuable ore Not.

Remedy ore balancing the poison Debuff amount to the lower stats because of Pot buffs and no Buffbot Buffs.

And perhaps Take the 2nd Debuff of the desease.

The Dam of all archers in melee has the same calculation? ..Just Ranger with Same specc does more because of the offhand? Hunter 2hand of course?
Thu 11 Jul 2019 1:44 PM by Horus
Here you go, thank me later..

High dex saracen
50 bow (trust me)
42 shield
21 pierce
35 stealth

Keep loaded with combined forces and endo pot. Get heart of leagion, get insta heal pots. Put a ranged DD (interrupt) charge item in your 2h weapon slot or on one of the SCed armor pieces (gloves or boots). Get fully templated. Get a 100qu slowest bow.

Get Volley
Load up on Falcon Eye
Embrace rapid fire.
Destroy soft BG targets at keeps/towers. Zerg surf, add on assassin fights at range.
Watch the RPs roll in...

Accept you are not a straight up melee fighter. Just avoid as best you can. If you do get jumped use slam / purge to attempt to escape when needed. Use engage to extend fights until help arrives
Stealth detection changes make 'sins easier to avoid. So much better now than it used to be.

You are welcome.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 2:10 PM by inoeth
Horus wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 1:44 PM

High dex saracen
50 bow (trust me)
42 shield
21 pierce
35 stealth

Keep loaded with combined forces and endo pot. Get heart of leagion, get insta heal pots. Put a ranged DD (interrupt) charge item in your 2h weapon slot or on one of the SCed armor pieces (gloves or boots). Get fully templated. Get a 100qu slowest bow.

Get Volley
Load up on Falcon Eye
Embrace rapid fire.
Destroy soft BG targets at keeps/towers. Zerg surf, add on assassin fights at range.
Watch the RPs roll in...

Accept you are not a straight up melee fighter. Just avoid as best you can. If you do get jumped use slam / purge to attempt to escape when needed. Use engage to extend fights until help arrives
Stealth detection changes make 'sins easier to avoid. So much better now than it used to be.

You are welcome.

add assassin fights ..... cool advice bro, like this you will turn everyone against you and get added everytime you unstealth lol
Thu 11 Jul 2019 3:20 PM by woody
inoeth wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 2:10 PM
Horus wrote:

High dex saracen
50 bow (trust me)
42 shield
21 pierce
35 stealth

Get Volley
Load up on Falcon Eye
Embrace rapid fire.
Watch the RPs roll in...

You are welcome.

add assassin fights ..... cool advice bro, like this you will turn everyone against you and get added everytime you unstealth lol

Happens anyway. Sins hang out in predicable spots and counter hunting them with bait is OK in my book.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:01 PM by Horus
inoeth wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 2:10 PM
Horus wrote:

High dex saracen
50 bow (trust me)
42 shield
21 pierce
35 stealth

Get Volley
Load up on Falcon Eye
Embrace rapid fire.
Watch the RPs roll in...

You are welcome.

Let me clarify, I will not add on a 'sin vs sin fight unless they are both enemy realm. Then I double my pleasure.

But yea, if a 'sin jumps one of my realmates and they could use the help, I'm helping. Just use you cheezy vanish if you don't like it.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:13 PM by Khogor
Old Shool Scout specc.. ole

You Play Scout ? Which Ras would you advice ?
Thu 11 Jul 2019 9:19 PM by paqdizzle
inoeth wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 6:22 AM
paqdizzle wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

maybe leran how to scout? souds like you want an easy one button class... maybe try bonedancer of even necro

I wouldn't be rr7 on my scout if I didn't XD
this is how I know you're a troll.... stfu and leave the forum so the grown ups can talk/discuss actual issues with Phoenix servers, plz and thanks
Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:16 AM by Moid
This kind of request is really stunning. Asking for more of what’s on live to be added to Phoenix.

Here’s a clue for the mentally void, if live were so balanced and such a great game it would still have more than a hundred players (excludes buff bots).
Fri 12 Jul 2019 1:05 AM by Cadebrennus
Horus wrote:

High dex saracen
50 bow (trust me)
42 shield
21 pierce
35 stealth

Get Volley
Load up on Falcon Eye
Embrace rapid fire.
Watch the RPs roll in...

You are welcome.

Do you currently play a Scout?
Fri 12 Jul 2019 6:02 AM by inoeth
paqdizzle wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 9:19 PM
inoeth wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 6:22 AM
paqdizzle wrote:

this is how I know you're a troll.... stfu and leave the forum so the grown ups can talk/discuss actual issues with Phoenix servers, plz and thanks

well it was said several times how to scout, also by myself. when you still try to force purge by slaming then maybe you are the one that needs to grow up? also if "everyone" has 5 min purge, why dont you just purge the hunters stun?

as far as i understand you, you want an easymode scout but not gonna happen... i say it again if you want easymode try bd or necro
Fri 12 Jul 2019 7:44 AM by Sepplord
paqdizzle wrote:

I disagree with his tone, but i can see why he thinks what he thinks...

you rant about hunter stun being better than slam (which is ridicolous in itself) while completly frogetting that you have numb too.
How is a hunter backstunning you anyways? The baseline skill for that is much higher, and you can counterplay it with your own movement skills. If you and the hunter are equally skilled, then he won't get his backstyle off.
Do you have different shield sizes for different encounters? Or do you fight Hunters with small shields? etc...

Reminder: i also believe scout is worse off currently than hunter/ranger, but you are clearly not playing to a scouts strengths and making ridiculous arguments that are easily debunked
Fri 12 Jul 2019 2:38 PM by Horus
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 1:05 AM
Horus wrote:

High dex saracen
50 bow (trust me)
42 shield
21 pierce
35 stealth

Get Volley
Load up on Falcon Eye
Embrace rapid fire.
Watch the RPs roll in...

You are welcome.

Do you currently play a Scout?

Right now no, I currently play a ranger and I don't believe in realm hopping (that is another issue). But a scout was always my primary archer class in most free shards and old school live. I understand we are on a custom server but I think I have a good understanding of archery mechanics and the current state in terms of current NF warfare. Bow damage and volley work the same across the realms...I believe that gives my opinion (emphasis on opinion) a little bit of validity
Sat 13 Jul 2019 11:56 AM by warblade
Any GM comments on the Scout class? Are 50 bow spec just where you want it or are you looking to change it?
Fri 26 Jul 2019 5:02 AM by paqdizzle
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 7:44 AM
paqdizzle wrote:

I disagree with his tone, but i can see why he thinks what he thinks...

you rant about hunter stun being better than slam (which is ridicolous in itself) while completly frogetting that you have numb too.
How is a hunter backstunning you anyways? The baseline skill for that is much higher, and you can counterplay it with your own movement skills. If you and the hunter are equally skilled, then he won't get his backstyle off.
Do you have different shield sizes for different encounters? Or do you fight Hunters with small shields? etc...

Reminder: i also believe scout is worse off currently than hunter/ranger, but you are clearly not playing to a scouts strengths and making ridiculous arguments that are easily debunked

lolol it's NOT better than slam... I'm just saying slam isn't an argument to be made with scouts for any type of benefit in RvR anymore..
5 min purge = GG on the matter.
nothing worse than waiting for a re-slam but they are immune while they on the other hand, only need to wait maybe 20 seconds for a restun, with a pet beating on you and the hunter... and wtf is a scout going to do in melee combat? do 60 damage? tight...

You can disagree with my tone all day... wont EVER change the facts that happen on this server. period. My tone is basically built up frustration playing alb side vs playing alb side in beta... RA's and balance throughout the realms.

Best game in the world and people can't see how it's becoming severely unbalanced. ( for this server ) I shouldn't get upset but I could punt a baby with how stupid people can be when arguing with me about facts..

As for hunter vs scout, (with my experience) my hunter is way easier to play/smoother when it comes to RvR 1v1 or group. My hunter is for realm doing a good 150-200+ more damage per hit (with pet) than my scout ever did with melee, BUT that's how it should be imo... except Scouts should be hitting WAY harder with their bow than the other realms. You can for real use the same spec as a scout (minus shields) for a hunter and the hunter benefits more. just switch shield to beast/stealth or w/e..
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics