Wrath of Champion

Started 2 Jul 2019
by Tigerforce
in Suggestions
Decided to test WoC today. Level 5 offers dmg of 600, without listing what kind of dmg type it has. By this I figured it didn't have an exact dmg type and just did that dmg flat out. However, this seems not to be the case, if someone knows the type of dmg could you please let me (rest of us) know? If not, then I would ask why does level5 WoC, that's supposed to do 600dmg only do 350. The 600 is a nerf in itself from the original maximum of 700. Is this normal for WOC? I would think for someone to invest 40 realm pts into, would be more rewarding.

Would it be possible to have this RA changed to Flat out dmg? To where it could not increase by crits nor decrease by resist? I think its a fair trade for investment, considering the amount of points needed to max out, while having to forgo having Purge or IP or anything else of sorts being low RR. Options for those who want it, and rewarding for those that get high RR.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 5:25 AM by ExcretusMaximus
It's essence damage, and like all PBAE spells it drops off very fast from the direct center (you); unless you're standing inside the model of who you use it on, you're going to see massive drop-off.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 6:32 AM by Kemoauc
I tried it too. It's a nice burst if you walk up to you r enemy before using it - it will actually do the 600 dmg then.

But it's too expensive and offers no utility at all which makes it just bad at lower levels. Static, twf and ichor for example are so much better especially at lower ranks...

For 30 pts there is probably a combination of other RAs that will do more for you
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:03 AM by Tigerforce
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 5:25 AM
It's essence damage, and like all PBAE spells it drops off very fast from the direct center (you); unless you're standing inside the model of who you use it on, you're going to see massive drop-off.

You're right. You literally need to be pin point in the middle of the enemy to do the listed dmg. Literally one step in either direction decreases dmg by 100-150, half step 50ish. Normal melee range at which you stick, you loose approx. 2-300 dmg. Sucks because you have RA's like TWF that are so strong and well worth the points, but RA's like WoC are complete disappointments, especially when it has potential. It would a great finisher move to have for. For the dmg it usually hits for, I can do that if not more with my 2h, and spec in ias for passive speed to deal out more dmg then a 30/40pt 10min RA.

Now testing the range I would say keep the damage as is, but strongly feel the radius needs to be increased at least to a normal pbaoe of 350. Some kind of range to where whoever your melee'ing will take the max dmg and on-comers would take the outer end.

Or maybe a Range of 500 which then pbaoe's off your target. That way the target takes the blunt of the dmg and around him is the pbaoe. Range being 500, I don't believe will make it seem OP, but will be a good initial blast on someone, making the 40ish RA's spent worth it at specific times.

Either way it's still wont be as good as TWF, but it would have more utility, and a nice bonus for those to have at higher RR's who could afford it.

(ST is another issue I have lol, I could of sword on initial drop its supposed to stun right away. Not give enemies 5sec to get free of it.)
Tue 2 Jul 2019 3:39 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Tigerforce wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:03 AM
(ST is another issue I have lol, I could of sword on initial drop its supposed to stun right away. Not give enemies 5sec to get free of it.)

It's two seconds, not five.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 10:18 PM by Tigerforce
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 3:39 PM
Tigerforce wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:03 AM

It's two seconds, not five.

In any case, almost all the time when a enemy see's it placed they are able to get out of it free of any stun. Rarely do I ever capture someone within it, even stacking near end of a slam. Best placement is within small corridors like keeps or towers, but even then please easily move out of the way or stairs until it dissipates. Greatest use I found for it, is for shrooms.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 10:55 PM by florin
What’s the right order here?

Debuff -> numb = bait the purge
Slam - static - slam
Debuff - dead
Sat 6 Jul 2019 4:44 PM by Ardri
Dropoff damage on a 150 range pbaoe RA. What a joke that they specifically nerf'd this RA. Never had dropoff damage on live.
Sat 6 Jul 2019 4:52 PM by Ardri
Meanwhile twf has a huge radius and does 250dmg every 3s. Nerf WoC and leave twf completely OP. Very balanced RA's.

Just look at this nonsense. 6-7 twf's
Sat 6 Jul 2019 6:10 PM by Tigerforce
Ardri wrote:
Sat 6 Jul 2019 4:44 PM
Dropoff damage on a 150 range pbaoe RA. What a joke that they specifically nerf'd this RA. Never had dropoff damage on live.

I agree, Its not like a 150 Radius even at WoC5 (600dmg) are you gonna take out a group let alone find 2+ stacked perfectly on each other.

The RA needs to be reworked!
Sat 6 Jul 2019 6:14 PM by Tigerforce
Ardri wrote:
Sat 6 Jul 2019 4:52 PM
Meanwhile twf has a huge radius and does 250dmg every 3s. Nerf WoC and leave twf completely OP. Very balanced RA's.

Just look at this nonsense. 6-7 twf's

Perfect picture showing why NOT to limit TWF's distances. The Albs did a good job extending them next to each other to maximize the radius's.

I don't believe TWF needs nerf'd and feel that there needs to be these strong RA's in pvp to dispute the battle flow. However, they just needs to make these kinds of RA's on equal footing, to include WoC, Decimation Trap, Negative maelstrom, ect...
Sun 7 Jul 2019 5:55 PM by Tigerforce
Is there anyway to get any input from a Moderator or Dev regarding thoughts or suggestions?
Thu 11 Jul 2019 9:20 PM by Ardri
Tigerforce wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 5:55 PM
Is there anyway to get any input from a Moderator or Dev regarding thoughts or suggestions?

Seems like they've ignored it for almost 1 year now

https://tracker.playphoenix.online/issues/973b4ab9-4d1d-46c0-8fee-99d7e6963e6d
Thu 11 Jul 2019 10:36 PM by easytoremember
Should get rid of the damage drop off yeah
Thu 11 Jul 2019 11:43 PM by Pendalith
im hoping things like this will continue to be tweaked over time
Fri 12 Jul 2019 2:55 AM by Tigerforce
Honestly it does. Its made for dmging, and when you see other dmg RA's TWF or Negative maelstrom or decimation, there are no other drop offs and all capable of doing 500+ dmg. Silly how WoC is working in its current state.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 5:56 AM by teiloh
The radius should definitely be higher. A whole bunch of RAs are sub-par for the points, e.g. VP, DT. Mythic originally went way overboard nerfing VP and DT has Phoenix specific issues.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics