Seeing Stealth

Started 6 Jun 2021
by Fugax
in Tavern
I've looked back and don't really see the reason behind the team choosing to change stealth. I noticed that I am unable to grp with any stealth class or even when solo vis players can spot me with no problem. Isn't the point of stealth is to not be seen? I've been always told to play how i wanna play, but i'm not able to do so. Why is it that those that choose to play vis classes can play how they want too, but if I wanna grp with a few mates I get gimped for playing a stealth class? I realize everyone has a bias here regarding stealth classes etc, but you are taking away the fact they can stealth. Not to mention the number of nerfs via dps already. So I ask the Dev team. "Why did you make stealth being easily seen while grped up with other players when you already implemented SL pots within the game?"
Sun 6 Jun 2021 10:19 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Fugax wrote:
Sun 6 Jun 2021 10:16 PM
Why is it that those that choose to play vis classes can play how they want too, but if I wanna grp with a few mates I get gimped for playing a stealth class?

Because. You. Are. Invisible.

Why are the advantages that conveys so hard to understand?
Sun 6 Jun 2021 10:30 PM by Fugax
Just trying to play the game as indented. Guess that's really hard to understand... Again... you were no help, and didn't answer the question or provide any useful information.
Sun 6 Jun 2021 11:03 PM by Sagz
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 6 Jun 2021 10:19 PM
Fugax wrote:
Why is it that those that choose to play vis classes can play how they want too, but if I wanna grp with a few mates I get gimped for playing a stealth class?

Because. You. Are. Invisible.

Why are the advantages that conveys so hard to understand?

But that's not new, they been invisible from day 1 circa 2001. That's like saying reduce skald speed for grouping more people, or reducing the buffs from a buff class the more people in group.

I mean I am not for stealthers, but I did not invent the game or design the mechanics or skills, play with what your given imho, if it is that easy, make one. Or just remove them completely from the game.

If you try to please everyone, you always end up pleasing no one.
Sun 6 Jun 2021 11:16 PM by gotwqqd
I think grouped stealthed stealth classes should be imparted music or caster speed.
And minstrels should be able to play speed while stealthed.

I mean, how do you expect them to get around?
Sun 6 Jun 2021 11:55 PM by paqdizzle
One of the many advantages stealthers get from stealth(while in a gorup) you can't see where your groupmates are, even the green dots on your map don't update lol

If we're going to look at this through the eyes of: what's the *advantages* of stealth, only.... then you're missing the bigger picture. Truth is, if you're trying to play as a sneak, there is a vast list of disadvantages/advantages and having stealth shouldn't automatically dismiss those real problems. The problem with that is, this community reduced anyone's will to even state what they feel is a disadvantage due to harsh toxicity as soon as it is mentioned in forums. in DAoC, the sneaks were literally designed to handle the casters.
Mon 7 Jun 2021 6:24 AM by Astaa
You must have low stealth if people spot you easily. Yes, as a visi I sometimes see stealthed people blip in and out, but rarely long enough for old man reflexes to tag them. Stealth has a huge advantage for solo playstyle and I am not entirely sure what you are on about with damage nerfs, sins do crazy burst damage output, on top of a huge HP hit with debuffs and 100 damage poison ticks. And even then, if all of that doesn't work out they can just vanish anyway.

Try soloing on a non speed visi class, then come back to us
Mon 7 Jun 2021 6:30 AM by WildWilbur
Fugax wrote:
I've looked back and don't really see the reason behind the team choosing to change stealth. I noticed that I am unable to grp with any stealth class or even when solo vis players can spot me with no problem. Isn't the point of stealth is to not be seen? I've been always told to play how i wanna play, but i'm not able to do so. Why is it that those that choose to play vis classes can play how they want too, but if I wanna grp with a few mates I get gimped for playing a stealth class? I realize everyone has a bias here regarding stealth classes etc, but you are taking away the fact they can stealth. Not to mention the number of nerfs via dps already. So I ask the Dev team. "Why did you make stealth being easily seen while grped up with other players when you already implemented SL pots within the game?"

Well, solo stealth players want to play this game too. But they certainly can't if the likes of you with their 5+ stealth gank grps roaming bridges and docks. But that doesn't matter because it's none of your concern, right? You just wanna play with your mates, right?
Mon 7 Jun 2021 6:34 AM by Noashakra
I realize everyone has a bias here regarding stealth classes
I have 3 stealthers (10L3, 9L9 and 6L0) and I can tell you, stealth groups are the worst thing possible.
Having 4/5 hunter instant killing someone is lame and thanks god there is a drawback to that. I think the stealth penality should be higher than it is now.
Alb is even worst with the scout stop and the ministrel mez/istun + SOS.
Mon 7 Jun 2021 6:34 AM by Sepplord
Fugax wrote:
"Why did you make stealth being easily seen while grped up with other players when you already implemented SL pots within the game?"

On the other side of the argument:
"Why are stealthers so hard to be seen, when you already took away truesight and/or MOS-9 detection"

On phoenix the anti-stealthtools are all removed but shitty stealthlore, and that is linked to a hefty cost
Mon 7 Jun 2021 2:45 PM by Magesty
Me and my mates like to get together and drop rocks from pedestrian bridges onto passing cars.

I don't get why everyone gets so defensive about it. The rocks are already there. Same thing with the bridge.
Wed 9 Jun 2021 1:32 PM by Lance
Omg
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics