We don´t need the xp, let the wichtdoctor´s die (Bloodhoundgang)

Started 5 Feb 2021
by Patron
in Tavern
Lets talk about the xp event.

I think the playerfluctuation is very low on Phoenix, so the most player play since release here, right?
But its very important to have a steady xp base, so new players not loose xp groups in future.
When every player get the chars she / he want, there is no need to play lvlgroups.

Doing anybody after the xp event some xp groups for new or comeback player?
I think there is a hard drop in xp groups after the xp events and thats not a good thing.
A healthy server need this steady xp groups.

And ofc, the missing player in the frontiers are a problem too.
I understand the staff want to pull some wealth out of the community, but in this way you will make xp groups obsolete.

So please, let the witchdoctors die, or make them find a new different portal recipe to a magical land, where we can play some entertaining adventure.

Thx for read and play on!
Mon 8 Feb 2021 11:21 AM by lurker
Mon 8 Feb 2021 5:45 PM by Talo
they should consider to delete chars from the event after event ends.. so the fun of this kind of pvp is given but leveling and low rr rvr will still be alive.
i have a variety of toons below rr 5, leveled em over the last month. much time invested in em, but i can delete everyone of em cuz they can be replaced with even higher rr within 15 hours playtime. that's so stupid.
Mon 8 Feb 2021 10:16 PM by shintacki
It's not like RR5 takes a huge investment of time to get to anyway so I don't see why its a problem that during the event you can get there faster.
Wed 10 Feb 2021 8:03 AM by Sepplord
shintacki wrote:
Mon 8 Feb 2021 10:16 PM
It's not like RR5 takes a huge investment of time to get to anyway so I don't see why its a problem that during the event you can get there faster.

~50hours normally...sounds like quite a lot for me, but everyone has different standards for what is a huge time investment
Wed 10 Feb 2021 8:25 AM by Lollie
Talo wrote:
Mon 8 Feb 2021 5:45 PM
they should consider to delete chars from the event after event ends.. so the fun of this kind of pvp is given but leveling and low rr rvr will still be alive.
i have a variety of toons below rr 5, leveled em over the last month. much time invested in em, but i can delete everyone of em cuz they can be replaced with even higher rr within 15 hours playtime. that's so stupid.

I think this is the major problem with the event, why bother starting a new, char grind the xp and rr when you can wait a month for the event and do it in 3 days?

The event should be just that, an event, something that comes round once or twice otherewise it's going to get stale very fast
Wed 10 Feb 2021 6:44 PM by SaintRon
Normal leveling is stale and boring....since what 2003?

I think the arguement that an rvr/xp event is bad because it improved the standard leveling experience is humorous at best. It's going to get stale? Really?
Wed 10 Feb 2021 6:57 PM by Patron
SaintRon wrote:
Wed 10 Feb 2021 6:44 PM
Normal leveling is stale and boring....since what 2003?

I think the arguement that an rvr/xp event is bad because it improved the standard leveling experience is humorous at best. It's going to get stale? Really?

Not improving, makeing it obsolete! Thats the problem.
Imagine ure a new player which want to lvl up. In last time there is no xp calls in /lfg and its deadly for each mmorpg when new player not have the chance to come in endgame.
The last player which cant reach lvl 50 are now in 40-50 xp area and they are many, on all 3 realms.

I have nothing against rvr events, i wish there would be some for endgame content. But this kind of events damaging the server in the long run.
Every player have their chars upped which they want.

I definetly have NOT a problem, players can do rr5 chars in 3 days or such. Thats totally ok for me and it not lower my gaming experience when i need some month to reach this from scratch. Thats ok, because player on the serverstart have some advantages rpwise.

Thx
Thu 11 Feb 2021 11:21 PM by flidias
At this point they should just become a insta 50 battle ground server. That's all they really are now.
Fri 12 Feb 2021 4:18 PM by Durandal
Doing this every 3-4 weeks is going to kill it very quickly. Every 6 months was better.
Sat 13 Feb 2021 7:08 AM by Augusteouvrier
Doing thhis event every month is a good way to a 1-click-to-win-game. Yes, it is what the mass of really young players want today, but are these the players of Phoenix? Most ppl i met in game played on live in the 2000s already. They liked the leveling, the player-organized events (called "Master levels" and of course the different classes of the three realms with the non mirror and sometimes inbalanced abilities.
Making it to a 1-click-to-win-game will destroy it, because it takes away the reward for the invested time.
Anything you haven't to pay for is worth nothing.
Sun 14 Feb 2021 7:36 PM by Greenangel
Really enjoyed the event I am 37 with kids and it's not like 20 years ago I just can't spend hours on end to find a group and do full on RVR like the old days.

Auto grouping feature was great getting to action was fast and getting gear as you level was brilliant.

I still would prefer more of a realm vs realm event with taken a Fort Castle or towers.

The game was never made for 8v8 6v6 it was suppose be 3 mythical factions in a endless struggle realm war over land forts and relics and towers.

But much appricated for event free server and time and effort to run this server so some use can rea live are youth.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics