Time for a thanks to the Devs and GMs

Started 19 Nov 2020
by Astaa
in Tavern
There have been various things going on with the server recently with nerfs and changes that have raised quite a few emotions and vocal opinions from lots of sides and angles. Personally I think that is healthy, if something needs saying then it ought to be said.

I do honestly trust that you have the very best intentions for the server and the player base and while I don't agree with some things that are carried out (or not carried out!) I would like to thank the GM/dev team for all the work they put into this server, I imagine it feels like a thankless task at times and you really cannot please everyone and you shouldn't try to. Not everything you try works and that's fine, many more things do work and you should be proud of yourselves.

Please be sure, your efforts are very much appreciated by the vast majority of the players here, you have given us a place to play a game that is dear to us all, in a setting/patch level that we enjoy.

Thank you
Fri 20 Nov 2020 11:17 PM by Freudinio
It's been obvious that Astaa and I rarely see eye to eye on most things. But I absolutely agree with the above sentiment. This server is fantastic and while I too disagree with some changes, I can see the reasoning for most of them.

Great post Astaa and good work Devs/GM's.
Mon 23 Nov 2020 3:58 PM by stewbeedoo
Kudos to the Devs/GMs!!
Mon 23 Nov 2020 4:07 PM by Uthred
Thx and kudos to all the players that are still playing here.
Mon 23 Nov 2020 4:41 PM by Cirious
thank you GM/Devs for all your hard work and every time you put into this project, you guys make a lot of silent ppl like me happy.

keep it up!
cirious
Tue 24 Nov 2020 9:27 PM by Glasny
Astaa wrote:
Thu 19 Nov 2020 7:27 PM
There have been various things going on with the server recently with nerfs and changes that have raised quite a few emotions and vocal opinions from lots of sides and angles. Personally I think that is healthy, if something needs saying then it ought to be said.

I do honestly trust that you have the very best intentions for the server and the player base and while I don't agree with some things that are carried out (or not carried out!) I would like to thank the GM/dev team for all the work they put into this server, I imagine it feels like a thankless task at times and you really cannot please everyone and you shouldn't try to. Not everything you try works and that's fine, many more things do work and you should be proud of yourselves.

Please be sure, your efforts are very much appreciated by the vast majority of the players here, you have given us a place to play a game that is dear to us all, in a setting/patch level that we enjoy.

Thank you

Well said sir.

A big thanks to the dev team for this fantastic server !!!
Tue 1 Dec 2020 1:41 PM by Patron
Thx for ignoring me and others in Forum (https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/ask-the-team) , thx for delete critic threads in forum and thx 4 breaking Hibernia (nothing to do with relics, but classes).

My motivation to play here is on Uthgard Level and sadly history of freeshards repeats.
Flame on... Changing nothing
Tue 1 Dec 2020 4:01 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Patron wrote:
Tue 1 Dec 2020 1:41 PM
Thx for ignoring me and others in Forum (https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/ask-the-team) , thx for delete critic threads in forum and thx 4 breaking Hibernia (nothing to do with relics, but classes).

My motivation to play here is on Uthgard Level and sadly history of freeshards repeats.
Flame on... Changing nothing

Tue 1 Dec 2020 4:48 PM by Astaa
Patron wrote:
Thx for ignoring me and others in Forum (https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/ask-the-team) , thx for delete critic threads in forum

That's simply not true, they do listen to the community, more so than any DAOC server I have played on, live or freeshard. Like I said, they might not get everything right, but most of it they do.

There are still some things that need fixing and I hope that they do but I am patient enough to wait, they can't do everything instantly.
Tue 1 Dec 2020 7:48 PM by Enyore
Thank you.
Wed 2 Dec 2020 2:43 AM by mattymc
Astaa wrote:
Tue 1 Dec 2020 4:48 PM
Patron wrote:
Thx for ignoring me and others in Forum (https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/ask-the-team) , thx for delete critic threads in forum

That's simply not true, they do listen to the community, more so than any DAOC server I have played on, live or freeshard. Like I said, they might not get everything right, but most of it they do.

There are still some things that need fixing and I hope that they do but I am patient enough to wait, they can't do everything instantly.

I mostly have to agree, though, to be fair, are we not basically the same place live is albeit with more players? It's not a 3 realm, rvr game...and mirroring failed changes made on live <see the relic changes>, I am not sure what direction Phoenix is headed.
Wed 2 Dec 2020 6:59 AM by Patron
Astaa wrote:
Tue 1 Dec 2020 4:48 PM
Patron wrote:

No answer to my "ask the team" request since weeks and im not alone with my stating. Check the threads.
Ofc staff listen to community... Alb community, which complaining about a hib core class which has just 1 advantage, which is on same time a disadvantage, i talk about instant amnesia.
Check the numbers of bard players. Without this class no rvr in hib.
Bgleader log off because of low numbers, because of no bards.

I know 7 bardplayers which stop this class and 3 stop to play, 4 creating rangers.
Wonder why...
But i dont want to disturb the thanks thread, just want to point out, that the discontent grows.

THANKS
Sat 12 Dec 2020 5:11 AM by Tamtrooper
Thank you so much for the 100s of hours of fun. Happy Holidays to all.
Tue 15 Dec 2020 8:00 AM by Sepplord
Patron wrote:
Wed 2 Dec 2020 6:59 AM
No answer to my "ask the team" request since weeks and im not alone with my stating. Check the threads.
Ofc staff listen to community... Alb community, which complaining about a hib core class which has just 1 advantage, which is on same time a disadvantage, i talk about instant amnesia.

maybe you are showing your realm bias too often/heavily and staff doesn't want to communicate with you when being accused like that constantly
maybe not shit talking people you want answers from helps in getting them

i know, wierd concept

how does the hib bonus fit into your alb-bias strategy?
Tue 15 Dec 2020 9:05 PM by mattymc
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 15 Dec 2020 8:00 AM
Patron wrote:
Wed 2 Dec 2020 6:59 AM

maybe you are showing your realm bias too often/heavily and staff doesn't want to communicate with you when being accused like that constantly
maybe not shit talking people you want answers from helps in getting them

i know, wierd concept

how does the hib bonus fit into your alb-bias strategy?

I tend to agree with you, but there is significant inaction and silence on MANY issues....and some of the claims of bias or <insert realm colored glasses here> have been fairly laughable. It's been a 2 realm gaming diving to less than that for a bit now; I concur how one shouldn't let there frustrations spill over too much but it would be nice to see some actions to bolster a 3 realm game again that FOCUSED on actual RvR not the RvE for RP we have now.
Mon 11 Jan 2021 3:13 PM by borodino1812
This thread deserves many more pages. I discussed with a friend today, what has kept you sane through lockdown and covid? For me it has been films, books and daoc phoenix. I've spent countless hours enjoying this server, and I thank the devs for the job that they've done.
Mon 11 Jan 2021 3:24 PM by Gloti
borodino1812 wrote:
Mon 11 Jan 2021 3:13 PM
This thread deserves many more pages. I discussed with a friend today, what has kept you sane through lockdown and covid? For me it has been films, books and daoc phoenix. I've spent countless hours enjoying this server, and I thank the devs for the job that they've done.

Signed!
Mon 11 Jan 2021 5:12 PM by gian
borodino1812 wrote:

also /signed!!
Mon 11 Jan 2021 10:09 PM by Jerrian
borodino1812 wrote:

All said in short but good words. Thx staff for taking care of the server and all the daoc addicted players. I like that the server is still worked on and staff aiming to improve it further. Ofc not all changes and fixes find agreement, but with that many players it ´s impossible to satisfy every single opinion. Ask 10 players what the perfect daoc should be and you get 10 different answers. But phoenix is a pretty nice setup server ans I really enjoy playing here.
Tue 12 Jan 2021 6:15 PM by Svekt
Thank you devs! I come home to this game nightly. It keeps me out of trouble and saves me money.

Side note here: it’s the player base that will kill the server here, and not the devs or GMs.

Learn to be grateful for the time they spend developing this game for free, so that you can also play it for free. To loosely quote what was said before...”they may not always get it right, but most of the time they do”

Have there been bad moments... yes, good moments... yes... how you respond to change defines you.
Wed 13 Jan 2021 2:45 PM by Hobbes
I'm quite new to Phoenix. Around 16 years ago I quit DAOC. Now I found my way back and it feels like home.
It's really awesome what you are doing here. Your optimizations to the gameplay are great. It's a good mixture of "classic daoc feeling" and speeding up some things.

The event last Weekend, first time I participated in, was a lot of fun.

So... thanks a lot for your work

P.S.: and also a big "Thank you" to the community, which is very helpful to find the way back into the game
Thu 14 Jan 2021 9:29 AM by tonosutono84
Thanks for all the time you dedicate devs & gms to this.
Mostly, I did enjoy spending hours around pho.
gratz girls/guys
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics