How do you make friends?

Started 28 Oct 2020
by DinoTriz
in Tavern
[SERIOUS POST]

How do you make friends?

The solo life is hard. You're just food for the high RR assassins.

Turns out I need people in order to fully enjoy this game.

But I don't like people. They either die or leave me, so I don't like getting close.

How do I make friends on the internet? Talk about memes? Should I play a class people need so they can pretend to like me?

I just want to kill and slaughter my foes but it turns out I can't do it myself.

How do you get friends when you don't want friends?
Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:35 PM by Sagz
DinoTriz wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:21 PM

If you don't want friends, why would you care if you had friends? Wouldn't that mean honestly you "want" friends?
Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:48 PM by DinoTriz
Sagz wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:35 PM
If you don't want friends, why would you care if you had friends? Wouldn't that mean honestly you "want" friends?

I need them for survival.

It's not a matter of want, but need.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:54 PM by Bradekes
DinoTriz wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:21 PM
[SERIOUS POST]

How do you make friends?

The solo life is hard. You're just food for the high RR assassins.

Turns out I need people in order to fully enjoy this game.

But I don't like people. They either die or leave me, so I don't like getting close.

How do I make friends on the internet? Talk about memes? Should I play a class people need so they can pretend to like me?

I just want to kill and slaughter my foes but it turns out I can't do it myself.

Join groups in zergs or level up a new character meet people join different guilds.. it's pretty easy.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:06 PM by DinoTriz
Bradekes wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 3:54 PM
Join groups in zergs or level up a new character meet people join different guilds.. it's pretty easy.

But I do that and get no friends.

Do you have any tips? Do I laugh at their jokes? Should I be a happy person that invites people to social gatherings?
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:27 PM by Azrael
Just be honest? Group up and make some rps, when they talk to much or too much private just say you only want to make some rps.
I would say most people see/notice if you pretend something, so ofc they dont want to play with you if you pretend to be a friend.
There is also no need to be friends to play games/have some fun and make some rps. At least from my experience. I duo a lot (at least in the past) with people I dont have anything in common, we just talk about the game and how we engange enemies. No private talk at all. Ofc I do not group with people again who are bad at the game, so perhaps thats the problem. (jk)
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:51 PM by Bradekes
DinoTriz wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:06 PM
But I do that and get no friends.

Do you have any tips? Do I laugh at their jokes? Should I be a happy person that invites people to social gatherings?

Well I'd say most people won't automatically think you're looking for a friend. Most don't friend request everyone like some 12year old roblox player. I think it would be your part to attempt to be friendly and assist in the process of becoming someone's friend or atleast bring up that you're looking for some consistent group or players to run with.

I haven't found a need for this on phoenix really. If you join the BG enough times you'll find you start to recognize other people and I get invited pretty quick even though I don't run the requested classes. I think being cordial and polite makes you more likely to find yourself getting invites when you state you're LFG. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by asking if you should laugh at others jokes, but not acknowledging people in the group will not get you friends.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:23 PM by Astaa
I don't like people either
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:37 PM by tommccartney
Well in order for people to like you, you gotta be an alpha.

So make fun of people in /advice when they ask a stupid question like ‘does a hunter need +beastcraft’ or something.
Or when noob completes DS and asks how much a 85util stealther bracer is worth, offer him 500g, that way everyone will know you’re an alpha and like you.
Or scream at people in RvR in discord, for example when someone accidentally roots a det9 stoicism tank - let him have it man. Be an alpha.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:57 PM by DinoTriz
tommccartney wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 5:37 PM
Well in order for people to like you, you gotta be an alpha.

So make fun of people in /advice when they ask a stupid question like ‘does a hunter need +beastcraft’ or something.
Or when noob completes DS and asks how much a 85util stealther bracer is worth, offer him 500g, that way everyone will know you’re an alpha and like you.
Or scream at people in RvR in discord, for example when someone accidentally roots a det9 stoicism tank - let him have it man. Be an alpha.

I like this strategy.

Thank you.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 6:03 PM by DinoTriz
Bradekes wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 4:51 PM
like some 12year old roblox player.

roblox friends are ride or die though

Thu 29 Oct 2020 6:02 AM by IdiamVonGawaine
tommccartney wrote:
>>>.

Challking that one up to a bad day. You're better than that dude.
Thu 29 Oct 2020 6:45 AM by tommccartney
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 6:02 AM
tommccartney wrote:
>>>.

Challking that one up to a bad day. You're better than that dude.

Haha I was totally joking do the complete opposite
Thu 5 Nov 2020 7:35 PM by Catkain
Brother. If you are truly blessed then you are a skald. And if you are a skald, you have a grandfather-friend in me. Let us share horror stories of champion brehons and break bread together!

If you are not a skald then make one and let’s do the above exercise.
Fri 6 Nov 2020 2:07 AM by protege
Catkain wrote:
Thu 5 Nov 2020 7:35 PM
Brother. If you are truly blessed then you are a skald. And if you are a skald, you have a grandfather-friend in me. Let us share horror stories of champion brehons and break bread together!

I'm just friends with this guy... He has all the connections.
Wed 11 Nov 2020 5:02 PM by Siouxsie
Catkain wrote:
Thu 5 Nov 2020 7:35 PM

I <3 you Catkain!!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics