The PvP event.......

Started 25 Sep 2020
by Sagz
in Tavern

Well done Gents. Probably the most fun I have had in DAoC in a long long time.

I would definitely want to see this ran again. Only suggestion is make the safe zone in one corner and port everyone around to stop the safe zone campers.
Fri 25 Sep 2020 6:42 PM by Fugax
It was bad. broke up the mix of things. I thought it was far too long. Maybe a 4 day event? Also agree with stated above. Get rid of the idea of people being brave little soldiers and humping a ck they can port into. That was annoying.

Also, did anyone find it odd how many rangers that were in the event dominated? wonder if the dev's noticed that...
Fri 25 Sep 2020 10:44 PM by gotwqqd
No idea why after porting out they even wanted people to go back into safe keep

Death should have been only way to get back in
Sat 26 Sep 2020 12:22 AM by hookbill
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 25 Sep 2020 10:44 PM

get speed, sell due to encumbrance, get another pug.. not everyone had neat little guild groups to run in.
Sat 26 Sep 2020 3:01 AM by koopycommander
It was perfect. Bring it back exactly how it was.
Sat 26 Sep 2020 3:38 AM by gotwqqd
hookbill wrote:
Sat 26 Sep 2020 12:22 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 25 Sep 2020 10:44 PM

get speed, sell due to encumbrance, get another pug.. not everyone had neat little guild groups to run in.
The only ones that would last long enough to need to sell would be the neat little guild groups.

And wanting speed doesn’t mean It was a necessity
The issues far outweigh the conveniences of being able to go back
Sat 26 Sep 2020 8:58 AM by Fram
Just played on friday and I had a LOT of fun.
Went up to lvl 30+ in a few hours but after that I was exhausted because there is almost no downtime and perma action. Autogrouping was awesome. Crossrealm is not that good.
I hated the fact that ppl could go back to the keep.

Could be nice to have such an event every month.
Sat 26 Sep 2020 6:41 PM by Takii
This absolutely needs to be a recurring event every 4-6 weeks or something. It is the most fun I've had in DAoC in the past 10 years.

Other than the keep in the middle being used as an escape mechanic as others have mentioned, the only thing I would change is allowing people lower level than the highest level in the group to join that highest level's bracket, so that there isn't that awkward period at the end of each bracket where people get split up, potentialy for a while. That could be active only for non-managed groups.

I also had a lot of trouble auto-filling a premade group during the event because of bugs. The /autogroup command would sometimes be innaccurate and say autogrouping was turned off, but it would in fact enable autofill. At some point during the event my premade of 3 was simply unable to get any sort of auto-filling to occur. It did work sometimes but it would actually kick one of us out of the group while it filled.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 4:01 PM by MisterCotton
The PvP event was awesome! Took a lot of creativity to come up and execute something like that. It was a fine way to freshen up the play and get people some new level 50s to run in the frontiers and bolster numbers.

Great job Phoenix team!

I would like to see this reoccurring, perhaps once a quarter or something. That way it keeps the people that loved it salivating for more and the people that hated it don't have to worry about it popping up every other week haha.

Again, awesome job Phoenix Team.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 5:20 PM by dtstallons
I would like to echo some of the previous sentiments about how much fun it was. Having this type of event going on a recurring basis would I think be highly encouraged. It was the most fun I've had playing since 2004.

Personally I was not a fan at all of the premade groups but understand them. I did a couple and it just got too exclusive.

The most fun I had was being thrown into a random 5 man with all tanks or 4 necro's and just figuring out a strategy on the fly to be successful. Also was good to meet new people.

One of the biggest challenges for someone who cannot dedicate more than a couple hours a night, a couple days a week is having a solid RVR endgame without really being involved in a guild and working at it. If this type of system was enabled for regular lvl 50 RVR (New Frontiers) I think it would be a ton of fun. Zoning from frontiers into an auto-grouped area on the map. I just think that the beauty of DAOC has always been grouped RVR and the forced auto-grouping at 50 would be so convenient and fun. I wouldn't need to join a guild and be crazy social with a bunch of people. I could just login to my character that I've gotten to 50 and land into a good 5 man.

Just my thoughts.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 9:59 PM by Blankiito
I would like to thanks all the staff for the event. It was clearly on the best experience in DAOC i got in the last 10 years (Lots of combats, no downtime).
It was a continu flow of actions each evening i played. As a casual player (i play 1-2 evening per week), it is the best option to get a good rvr session without loosing time to get a group.

My Idea for a new event:
I hope we could get an event RVR, like 4 consecutives day per month where the whole server is in the same location.
Maybe a next event where you start at 50 with gear and an autogroup in a "small area". This time realm versus realm with a message who tell people when the realm are not balanced and ask some people to switch.
After the event, you loose the chars you made but keep some rewards (like a 10 consummable that you can trade) who can be consummed by an other char to gain the RP, if i said 10 consummable, is to let you give RP to different char or sell it for some monney.

Or an event where you have to capture Relics during few days

Awesome job Phoenix Team !
Tue 29 Sep 2020 5:38 PM by Komaf
A different and far better experience for premades as with all pvp content in any game.

Pretty frustrating otherwise. People just randomly ported apart (without being level capped for that range) and their groups killing them.Group leaders not being able to group port, rather, people often ran 1-2 at a time into pvp to die.

People disbanding when (a) they saw a rogue in the group (b) no heals/cc/speed...Etc.
I'm guessing this in part inspired all those rangers to feed/add as they had to form their own groups.

A lot of:
'Archers are shit in groups' type comments. Then...'nerf archers' when they took an arrow.

Fekken stupid old daoc mentality.

I found other things to do (non event) as the alternative was feeding people with friends constant rps.

So, from the perspective of the 'haves' I can imagine this was a blast.

Old game so I can't really complain.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics