Back to DAoC after 12 years

Started 23 Jul 2020
by whitewolf253
in Tavern
Happy to be back playing DAoC after about 12 or so years. I played Mordred PvP server back in the day for 5+ years (classic through Catacombs). I missed this game so much I bought a gaming laptop to play it again. Nothing competes with how much fun DAoC combat is. Looking forward to levelling up and seeing everyone in RvR!
Sun 26 Jul 2020 8:30 PM by Gildar
Welcome back

Enjoy
Mon 24 Aug 2020 6:29 PM by 2flare
I wouldn't. The game is not what you think. Sure it'll be nostalgic for first 2-3 months. THe design choices on this server and the people running have killed any progress on this server.
Mon 24 Aug 2020 6:40 PM by DinoTriz
2flare wrote:
Mon 24 Aug 2020 6:29 PM
I wouldn't. The game is not what you think. Sure it'll be nostalgic for first 2-3 months. THe design choices on this server and the people running have killed any progress on this server.

Boooo to you, sir
Tue 25 Aug 2020 7:05 AM by Gildar
2flare wrote:

Only your opinion .... mine is completely different.

Tis server is great
Tue 25 Aug 2020 1:39 PM by Wakefield
What realm you on?
Tue 25 Aug 2020 3:26 PM by clausemand1978
Welcome, you come at a bad time i must say, Phoenix is not really daoc, not what daoc truly was. It has always been about equal gear and buffs to all in pvp, phoenix was nice in the beginning, but bad decision making has lead it to where it is now.

Daoc was not just about 8 mans, everyone wanted a bite of the cake, stealther groups used buffbots to create groups and guilds of only stealthers to compete with 8 mans, as a scout in the early days my job was to interupt support classes only while the rest took the group down, i lost count on how many groups we took down as Deadly Shadows on Prydwen.

3-4 man waited in the bushes and trees and when the 8 man was busy we used our highly experienced sorcerer to mezz while the rest assist trained the group to death, it was not adding as groups called it back then, just good tactics. There's no such thing as adding in warfare.

having played daoc for nearly two decades i have been a part of every aspect and all of them had their place in daoc, even ranged stealthers which most groups despise.

You don't have this on Phoenix because the devs here mostly cater to 8 man groups, many free shards has done this over the years, it usually ends up being a few groups running around in new frontier because everyone else left, that's not daoc.

With the classic server coming live is going to be your best bet for old frontier and equal buffs and gear to all, which has always been a core mechanic of daoc.
Tue 25 Aug 2020 3:54 PM by DinoTriz
clausemand1978 wrote:
Tue 25 Aug 2020 3:26 PM
There's no such thing as adding in warfare.

Poland just before WW2: "Oh thank god you're here, Soviet Union...Germany has been attacking m- WAIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? STOP!"
Wed 26 Aug 2020 9:58 AM by Scope
clausemand1978 wrote:
With the classic server coming live is going to be your best bet for old frontier and equal buffs and gear to all, which has always been a core mechanic of daoc.

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna be out of line.
I see a lot of people talking about a new "official" server like back then. But what do we know about it? Is there a date or something ?
Wed 26 Aug 2020 10:12 AM by Valaraukar
clausemand1978 wrote:
Welcome, you come at a bad time i must say, Phoenix is not really daoc, not what daoc truly was. It has always been about equal gear and buffs to all in pvp, phoenix was nice in the beginning, but bad decision making has lead it to where it is now.

Daoc was not just about 8 mans, everyone wanted a bite of the cake, stealther groups used buffbots to create groups and guilds of only stealthers to compete with 8 mans, as a scout in the early days my job was to interupt support classes only while the rest took the group down, i lost count on how many groups we took down as Deadly Shadows on Prydwen.

3-4 man waited in the bushes and trees and when the 8 man was busy we used our highly experienced sorcerer to mezz while the rest assist trained the group to death, it was not adding as groups called it back then, just good tactics. There's no such thing as adding in warfare.

having played daoc for nearly two decades i have been a part of every aspect and all of them had their place in daoc, even ranged stealthers which most groups despise.

You don't have this on Phoenix because the devs here mostly cater to 8 man groups, many free shards has done this over the years, it usually ends up being a few groups running around in new frontier because everyone else left, that's not daoc.

Wonderful words. Maybe a bit too harsh but they explain quite well the situation here. Yesterday evening we inced an Alb FG near Mid poc, they kited us for a while and a FG hib inced from behind. They sandwiched us, of course, and when we were all dead they just.... DISENGAGED and Hibs went away.
What is this? Is this Daoc? Not at all. This is some kind of childish game "we want to play this way", and then they come whining when they get zerged because, you know, Daoc is an arena game made only by 8vs8
Wed 26 Aug 2020 11:58 AM by Siouxsie
Valaraukar wrote:
Wed 26 Aug 2020 10:12 AM
clausemand1978 wrote:

Wonderful words. Maybe a bit too harsh but they explain quite well the situation here. Yesterday evening we inced an Alb FG near Mid poc, they kited us for a while and a FG hib inced from behind. They sandwiched us, of course, and when we were all dead they just.... DISENGAGED and Hibs went away.
What is this? Is this Daoc? Not at all. This is some kind of childish game "we want to play this way", and then they come whining when they get zerged because, you know, Daoc is an arena game made only by 8vs8

Sad, but very true from what I've seen lately.
Wed 26 Aug 2020 12:15 PM by Gildar
Valaraukar wrote:
clausemand1978 wrote:

I cant understand that way of playing ... of it Red is dead is the only rule in DAOC
Wed 26 Aug 2020 1:40 PM by Sepplord
Valaraukar wrote:

all your fault for not belonging in their circle
they could have had an 8vs8 fight with you but since you don't belong to the circle you get shat on

that's their honor code
Thu 27 Aug 2020 9:46 AM by Siouxsie
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 26 Aug 2020 1:40 PM
Valaraukar wrote:

they could have had an 8vs8 fight with you but since you don't belong to the circle you get shat on

that's their honor code

It's players like these with their elite 8v8 circles who ruin the gameplay for everyone.
This type of bullshit just shouldn't be allowed.
Fri 28 Aug 2020 8:34 PM by Gildar
Siouxsie wrote:
Thu 27 Aug 2020 9:46 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 26 Aug 2020 1:40 PM
Valaraukar wrote:

that's their honor code

It's players like these with their elite 8v8 circles who ruin the gameplay for everyone.
This type of bullshit just shouldn't be allowed.

Agree 100 %
Sat 29 Aug 2020 7:30 AM by Noashakra
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 26 Aug 2020 11:58 AM
Sad, but very true from what I've seen lately.

What would you know about that, you zerged your way through the 10L?
Thu 3 Sep 2020 12:46 AM by Tulpa
2flare wrote:

Why are you still here then?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics