Find quest texts ?

Started 14 Jul 2020
by Skegg
in Tavern
Hello everyone.

I want to explore the game's lore and enjoy the fantastic research the game developers did when they imagined our three mythology based realms.
Also I love quests and I'm a bit sad they're not in Phoenix... But hey you can't have everything. My goal is to compile some interesting texts found in the original game, to help understand the backstories, all the background thinking that went into the creation of NPCs and monsters, which are lost without quests.
In case you didn't know, most mobs you kill in DAoC are named and designed according to some folklore or mythological figure, character, etc. and many had an interesting story, making them engaging to befriend or fight (or run away from :p).

So to this end I'm looking for a way to retrieve the quest texts, just to learn something about mobs and bosses around the realms.
By quest text, I mean the actual dialogue the NPC has, the story.

My question is : is there a technical way to extract this from game files? I've been looking around but couldn't find anything. Maybe, is it only found on the server itself?
Any observation or information could help.

Thank you and see you around (Midgard)
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics