Re: The elephant in the room.

Luluko wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 11:56 AM
I left 1-2 months before the nf change only playing skald was boring and skald was pretty weak vs most things with 9sec slam. Maybe I will check back in if they add speed of the hunt in some way or do something about that slam duration. But I havent really kept much track of the changes.

Really Skald to weak? wtf :-D you knowing RA Purge?

Re: The elephant in the room.

Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 1:20 PM
Luluko wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 11:56 AM
I left 1-2 months before the nf change only playing skald was boring and skald was pretty weak vs most things with 9sec slam. Maybe I will check back in if they add speed of the hunt in some way or do something about that slam duration. But I havent really kept much track of the changes.

Really Skald to weak? wtf :-D you knowing RA Purge?

when you hit with hammer on something like a hero you will prolly get slammed 2-3 before he is dead and bms/reavers/mercs/champs murder you way too fast aswell and then they also have slam yeah I dont think always having to rely on purge to win a fight or even been able to escape isnt a good idea. Thats why I would rather like to play something else solo but without speed of the hunt or something similar thats just no fun. And if I have no fun I stop playing its as easy as that.

Re: The elephant in the room.

Luluko wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 3:17 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 1:20 PM
Luluko wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 11:56 AM
I left 1-2 months before the nf change only playing skald was boring and skald was pretty weak vs most things with 9sec slam. Maybe I will check back in if they add speed of the hunt in some way or do something about that slam duration. But I havent really kept much track of the changes.

Really Skald to weak? wtf :-D you knowing RA Purge?

when you hit with hammer on something like a hero you will prolly get slammed 2-3 before he is dead and bms/reavers/mercs/champs murder you way too fast aswell and then they also have slam yeah I dont think always having to rely on purge to win a fight or even been able to escape isnt a good idea. Thats why I would rather like to play something else solo but without speed of the hunt or something similar thats just no fun. And if I have no fun I stop playing its as easy as that.

ey guy, i need all time my RA´s for win a fucking 1vs1 with my champion! often my slam is a shit without static because all enemy´s have rdy purge! and you with skald have the choose to fight or not fight with your nice speed and if you are especially funny with skald, can you kite and kill a fian with your two DD´s btw ;-). Use brain if you want win a 1vs1 but not QQ and say Skald is to weak.

Re: The elephant in the room.

Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 3:32 PM
Luluko wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 3:17 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 1:20 PM
Really Skald to weak? wtf :-D you knowing RA Purge?

when you hit with hammer on something like a hero you will prolly get slammed 2-3 before he is dead and bms/reavers/mercs/champs murder you way too fast aswell and then they also have slam yeah I dont think always having to rely on purge to win a fight or even been able to escape isnt a good idea. Thats why I would rather like to play something else solo but without speed of the hunt or something similar thats just no fun. And if I have no fun I stop playing its as easy as that.

ey guy, i need all time my RA´s for win a fucking 1vs1 with my champion! often my slam is a shit without static because all enemy´s have rdy purge! and you with skald have the choose to fight or not fight with your nice speed and if you are especially funny with skald, can you kite and kill a fian with your two DD´s btw ;-). Use brain if you want win a 1vs1 but not QQ and say Skald is to weak.

Yes skald can choose his fights but if you are up against any the classes like I mentioned in one of my last 2 posts you cant really choose since hammer is mandatory as a specc so you do minus damage vs an scale or chain you have less wf and only parry for a defense sure you can try kiting but that doesnt work against good players which will just sit near a tower or milegate when it was still OF. They will just run in a close space and force you to come in and you eat a slam. Thats how it works and I am not saying skald is weak against everything skald is great vs archers/casters but I rather want to play a tank with speed of the hunt than having to kite for 3+ mins or having to run away from every tank. So pls stop just trying to say I qq that skald is too weak, skald is in a good place but not really for solo vs tanks. I just merely wanted to post my reasons why I quit so people know and that was mainly because there is no speed of the hunt.

Re: The elephant in the room.

Crying about one of the strongest 1v1 classes out there because it has trouble with a handful of classes...kite more and that list will diminish.

The game is designed so there are some classes are very hard for a class to handle

Re: The elephant in the room.

im confused. why is hammer your only choice as a skald? just because the taunt requires little endo to use seems like a pretty weak answer. you dont need the backsnare that much. axe and sword are both pretty acceptable options, axe being the best imo. however, hammer allows you to blow up stealthers.

Re: The elephant in the room.

Riac wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 9:13 PM
im confused. why is hammer your only choice as a skald? just because the taunt requires little endo to use seems like a pretty weak answer. you dont need the backsnare that much. axe and sword are both pretty acceptable options, axe being the best imo. however, hammer allows you to blow up stealthers.

I completely agree
Hammer is overrated, I think axe is superior line Midgard

Re: The elephant in the room.

gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 8:41 PM
Crying about one of the strongest 1v1 classes out there because it has trouble with a handful of classes...kite more and that list will diminish.

The game is designed so there are some classes are very hard for a class to handle

In my experience, once a smart enemy sees a Skald.. they will hit it with ranged damage or a stun or slow. Even if it is gimp damage.... it breaks speed, then they close and kill.

Skalds only defense out in the open is speed and it's easily defeated by smart oponents.

Re: The elephant in the room.

gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 10:27 PM
Riac wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 9:13 PM
im confused. why is hammer your only choice as a skald? just because the taunt requires little endo to use seems like a pretty weak answer. you dont need the backsnare that much. axe and sword are both pretty acceptable options, axe being the best imo. however, hammer allows you to blow up stealthers.

I completely agree
Hammer is overrated, I think axe is superior line Midgard

I generally always went 2H axe with my Skalds. Got to have an endurance buff though... but axe styles are great for a support class like a Skald if they are in a group. Solo though.... best to go with hammer in my experience.. particularly for leveling in PvE.

Re: The elephant in the room.

Patron wrote:
Tue 26 Nov 2019 11:59 PM
When you´re the only one who see a elephant in a room, probably something´s wrong with you...

No we are 2 now ^^ RVR still fantastic, lot of action everynight (until our lead go to bed too soon !)

So my second pleasure past midnight is to farm (especially XP items <3 for my toons ^^)

But my pleasure gone, now I found how farming is now coded (no random anymore, at 30+ on dunters for example, you will drop 1 XP item every 2mn no more no less... just test, kill 1 mob wait 2mn kill one mob wait 2mn kill one mob... : you will have 3 xp items -> 100% drop , its a fantastic news if u kill one mob every 2mn but very sad and no surprise anymore for the others...)

Now PVE is over only one leg left, hope RVR keep on fun at least 2 hours / day (but no interest anymore 22 others hours...)

Return to “Tavern”