Can login to site but not the launcher.

Started 16 Jun 2021
by TheEndless
in Support Center
Tried to login to the launcher to play for only my second time and try some classes out as I actually have some time to test for a few hours and it tells me the account/password is incorrect yet I can sign onto this forum just fine. Other threads I've seen says this is a 'known or reoccurring' issue. So how does one fix this?
Wed 16 Jun 2021 7:22 AM by Beckett
Log out of the forum, then click this link and reset your password
https://forum.playphoenix.online/forgot-password

I would suggest for the purposes of getting you back into the game that you use a simple password just using alphanumeric characters
for example
Negative100
(dont use that, make up your own)
If you still encounter problems contact a Gamemaster on discord
https://discord.gg/4AWAhUs
Wed 16 Jun 2021 8:00 PM by TheEndless
Password reset. Site login works perfectly fine, launcher still telling me it's "incorrect". I have to ask, of the dozens of Live MMO's I've played over the years and dozens more being private/fan projects, how exactly does this happen? I've never had this happen on any game where the account and password work fine on the site but not on the launcher/game login prompts.

I don't use products or services that support terrorism/-ists like Discord, so I'm not sure where we go from here. It isn't possible to contact me on this post here, in private messages or through email like we are communicating now ( in text ) ?
Thu 17 Jun 2021 1:18 AM by Tarick
There is no difference in username or password between the site and the launcher, so if the launcher is saying its incorrect then it may just be a typo? Maybe try typing the password in notepad to ensure its correct (case sensitive) then copy/pasting it into the launcher?
Thu 17 Jun 2021 2:11 AM by TheEndless
I assure you I've tried this. I will type out the account name and password, copy paste it onto a notepad doc, paste each entry into the proper place for acc and password and press enter on the launcher and the site here to sign in. Launcher says it's 'incorrect,wrong, nope, NO sir'... and the site logs me right in minty perfect. Baffled at this point, yet comical.

**Edit** I'm going to completely uninstall and reinstall it again just for peace of mind that it isn't me and I'll post back the results in awhile.
Thu 17 Jun 2021 2:32 AM by Tarick
Yea that definitely makes no sense at all .. Let me know how the reinstall of the game and phoenix launcher goes. Also make sure you run phoenixfixer and downgrade to 1.125d.
Thu 17 Jun 2021 2:34 AM by TheEndless
I will, I followed the install instructions the first time to the letter and it worked perfectly. Made a lvl 1, but got tired and decided to log off and play the next day. haven't been able to get logged in since. We'll see shortly.
Thu 17 Jun 2021 4:40 AM by TheEndless
Fresh install seems to have work. No idea why as I change nothing on my end. Install contents are identical in both folders including file names and sizes. Strange. My original lvl 1 was deleted which isn't an issue so I made a new one. I'll see if that one sticks. Appears to be okay for now.
Thu 17 Jun 2021 7:34 AM by Beckett
TheEndless wrote:
Thu 17 Jun 2021 4:40 AM
Fresh install seems to have work. No idea why as I change nothing on my end. Install contents are identical in both folders including file names and sizes. Strange. My original lvl 1 was deleted which isn't an issue so I made a new one. I'll see if that one sticks. Appears to be okay for now.

Your original lvl 1 character is still there.
You can have up to 100 characters per realm, these character slots are divided into 10 pages of 10 slots.
The page you wish to access is selected on the launcher (Page field)
You had page 1 selected on your first login, but on your second login you had page 0 selected.
In game see the command /rearrange
Thu 17 Jun 2021 7:19 PM by TheEndless
Ahh I see, I forgot about the page selection.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics