Frequent link dead, only when playing this game.

Started 2 Apr 2021
by DegoLocc
in Support Center
Title. I have tried everything I can think of, firewall clearance options, router options, resetting router, launching phoenix as administrator, updating, downgrading... ect. ect.

I am hard wired in. I have pretty good internet, and barely ever have any issues at all with my connection. Then 2 weeks ago I started playing this game, and for whatever reason, I go link dead like 6 times a night while playing. I don't actually lose internet at all, but oddly no one in discord can hear me when I go LD in game but I can still hear them, that is until I press the esc button when prompted to from the in game link dead loading screen and when the game closes ppl in discord can hear me again. This also happens when not in discord as well...

I am at a loss, I don't know what else to try..

Any help, insight or ideas would be appreciated...
Sat 3 Apr 2021 1:28 PM by Succi
Same issue, at least 2 LD every day
Sat 17 Apr 2021 2:12 PM by Litherui
I get the same issue too, I thought it was only me I ordered a whole new router to get here today. I get 2 red squares and drop out... sometimes I can stay online for a few hours then it happens, but once it happens I get anywhere from 20-45min before it does it again and again. It started 2 days ago for me!
Sun 18 Apr 2021 9:58 AM by aLittleGamer
I got same problem recently and found a resulution for me.
The concept of Daoc Client has seen some years and nowadays usual enviroment may disturb the client.
I changed the following :
Remove all resources such as network volumes, cameras, etc , keep your Documents directory where microsoft expected it.
Have Daoc Client installed on local directory.
And use a local administrator client, do not be a member of a domain
Have an eye on your nvidia driver, if you have one.(See other posts in this Forum)
Look at your providers latency, use a wired connection to router .

After checking and clean up, my Daoc expierence runs well again.
There may be one issue i have not resolved yet, sometimes the Client dies the sudden death with no hint why.
This problem i am going to observe further.
Mon 19 Apr 2021 11:34 PM by Litherui
Man I wish I could understand what you just said. I had a hard enough time figuring out how to install Phoenix.
Tue 11 May 2021 12:02 PM by Kalimeros
I have this same issue...

Frequent red lag spikes that last 3-7 seconds, with multiple daily LD's.

My wired connection is fine with everything else... Steam, Youtube, etc.

ISP is Comcast in N. VA., USA.
Tue 11 May 2021 1:19 PM by Talo
playing since 04/2020 on phoenix.
link dead issues started for me 02/2021.
no specific reason realized. sometimes the mem error even with 4gb flag activation, mostly without any msg at all.
Tue 11 May 2021 3:09 PM by Nunki
aLittleGamer wrote:
Sun 18 Apr 2021 9:58 AM
There may be one issue i have not resolved yet, sometimes the Client dies the sudden death with no hint why.
This problem i am going to observe further.
Does it kill the client while it runs in the backround?
The /Clientsleep option under Settings (ingame) doesn't get saved probably. (Doesn't even work to change the setting file and copyright it)
Only solution I found is a "/clientsleep none" macro which I activate manually everytime I log into the game freshly.
Wed 12 May 2021 5:05 PM by Siouxsie
Talo wrote:
Tue 11 May 2021 1:19 PM
no specific reason realized. sometimes the mem error even with 4gb flag activation, mostly without any msg at all.

Talo - what's the "4gb flag activation"? Is that a flag set for phoenix.exe or camelot.exe?
Thu 13 May 2021 11:49 AM by Kalimeros
Any updates/fixes on this lag issue?

Game is unplayable sometimes... 5-7 second spikes with LD's sprinkled in.
Wed 19 May 2021 8:14 AM by Talo
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 12 May 2021 5:05 PM
Talo wrote:
Tue 11 May 2021 1:19 PM

Talo - what's the "4gb flag activation"? Is that a flag set for phoenix.exe or camelot.exe?
the flag for camelot.exe.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics