Jan 2021 - Login Issue

Started 2 Jan 2021
by Bonric
in Support Center
Hi, I managed to log into Phoenix 2 days ago, but since then, whenever I use the launcher, when I click the "Login" button, the title bar changes from Phoenix - Login to Phoenix - Login - Queue Position 1...and then closes down.

Ive twice uninstalled the game and re-installed and patched but cant see what is stopping it from working.
I am running the game as Administrator also.

Any suggestions?
Sat 2 Jan 2021 9:31 PM by romulus
Hi!
It sounds like you might be having a problem with your AV software not allowing the launcher to actually launch daoc. You can try making sure that you have an exclusion set in your AV software for the DAOC directory and binaries (including the phoenix launcher). Instructions for how to do this can be found here for the most common AV software.

https://forum.playphoenix.online/server/support-center/5468-solution-thread-launcher-login-and-startup-issues#35658

That entire thread has some additional good ideas to check out if the AV settings turn out to not be the problem.

Good luck!
:hugs:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 10:28 PM by Bonric
Thanks Romulus, Ive followed all the instructions to make the directory and also the individual files as exceptions in AVG, but its made no difference. It makes sense that it could be the anti-virus, but unfortunately its not resolved. I might try uninstalling the virus software temporarily to see if allows access, but strange that I could get in 2 days ago.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 10:50 PM by Bonric
I have uninstalled the virus software, rebooted, and its still not working.

Maybe something wrong with my account? Possibly my user account is corrupt?
Sat 2 Jan 2021 10:55 PM by romulus
Hi again!
Maybe try looking in your Application Event log and see if there is an error there. If the application is terminating for whatever reason, there should be an error recorded there.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:11 PM by Bonric
Hi Romulus, thanks for coming back. Ive cleared my event viewer / Windows Logs / Applications to make it easier to see, run the launcher again, and although it closes down again at the login, nothing is coming up on the log. Its almost like the camelot programme isnt even being started. The only thing I see on screen is the Phoenix Launcher window.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:19 PM by Bonric
I have tried running camelot on its own, and it patches and then will run.
I then do the Phoenix fixer to downgrade it from 1.127.

But as soon as I try the Phoenix Launcher, enter my details and it says positon 1 in queue, it ust flashes off. No sign of it even trying to open camelot.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:43 PM by romulus
Hi again,
Is your DAOC installed in the default location? (i.e. C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Dark Age of Camelot)?
Are the files from Phoenix.zip unzipped into this same directory?
Sun 3 Jan 2021 2:12 AM by Bonric
Yes, this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot

And all files exported. I was able to log in two days ago, but that was my first day back after a year away. I checked my Alb characters (Forgot I had so many) in the morning, then checked my Mid in the evening.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 2:46 AM by Bonric
I still cant access the game via the Phoenix Launcher.
Is there someone I can contact to make sure its not an account issue?
Tue 5 Jan 2021 4:17 AM by romulus
Hi again,
Sorry you are having a problem launching the game! Usually, if there is an account issue, the launch screen would at least start up and give you an error about it not working. You can certainly go to discord, however, and tag @Gamemaster in the #support channel and ask them to check your account.

EDIT: Something else to think about: Are you running on Windows 10? If so, did you set the necessary exclusions in Windows Defender? There is a video on Youtube that shows how to do it, though it is geared more towards getting it to run on Live, though the solution is the same (just downgrade after all is said and done):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4mXci2h1Lw
Tue 5 Jan 2021 12:03 PM by Bonric
Hi Romulus,
Thanks, Ive actually tried windows defender already, even turned it off to not monitor the computer at all. Still the same result.
Phoenix launcher opens, I put in my user name, password and click login, it says Queue Position 1 and then just disappears

The strange thing is that I could get in fine on Thursday.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 1:01 PM by Beckett
contact myself or another gm on discord for assistance
https://discord.gg/4AWAhUs
Tue 5 Jan 2021 2:12 PM by Bonric
Hi Beckett,

It says I need to claim my account on Discord....it accepts my email address but says the password is invalid. Ive used Discord before for World Of Warcraft, but it doesnt accept those details either.

I think Im narrowing the issue a little. I think its something to do with the switching from Phoenix Launder in Windows Mode to DAoC in full screen. When I disable my graphics card and use the default intel one, I can see the Camelot loading screen. However, it then either says press Exit to quit, or I get a window appearing saying "Renderer Creation Failed!"
Sat 9 Jan 2021 1:51 PM by Daoc_1
Hello, I am just wondering how long i need to wait to get my game back up and running. I have not received any emails in either of my folders... Would really like to be playing instead of waiting 3 hours LOL ...
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics