Mouse Stutter / Mouse Lag Solution

Started 3 Nov 2020
by cloak321
in Support Center
Good Morning Everyone,

Recently I had an issue after coming back to Phoenix from a year hiatus and with a new PC build. The issue I had is that my game ran perfectly, until I moved the cursor to do anything on my screen then the game would stutter and lag to an almost unplayable degree. I searched all over and many people referenced the 8.1 windows fix and others recommended about downloading different drivers for AMD and Radeon. The solution was much more simple. Big shout out to Gaven on the Phoenix discord Support board for getting me this fix. I am creating this post so that hopefully it will make finding the solution easier for others.

The issue has to do with your polling rate for your mouse. For my fix I went to Razor Synapse program, mouse, performance and then decreased the polling rate from 500 to 125. Game runs perfectly. Hopefully this fix will help someone searching in the future or a few people who are struggling with it right now. Thank you for your time!
Wed 4 Nov 2020 3:15 PM by Sepplord
cloak321 wrote:
Tue 3 Nov 2020 3:37 PM
I am creating this post so that hopefully it will make finding the solution easier for others.

Big shoutout to you too, i don't have that problem but anyone who ever was stuck goggling a technical issue probably knows the feeling.
You finally find a thread/post from someone with YOUR EXACT ISSUE and then you find a comment from them in the end: "i fixed it, this can be closed" without the information HOW they did it
Tue 17 Nov 2020 1:42 PM by Selluz
My fix for this was to enable mouse trail - It sux in windows, but it sure helps in daoc!
Fri 20 Nov 2020 12:08 PM by l00ri
Had the same Issue here and the same worked for me a couple of weeks ago.

It hast something to do with the polling rate and the standard Cursor Icon because if I am using Yolomouse and a polling rate of 1000 the Issue goes away too so its not tied to the polling rate alone.
Thu 18 Mar 2021 12:14 PM by alka
Hi,

I had the same problem recently. I didn't believe the mouse trail fix, so I tried to put the polling rate to 125 instead of 1000/500. It did partially fix the issue.

Then, I activated the mouse trail on windows, and it totally fixes the lag issue somehow. I've got the polling rate back to 500/1000.

Thank you very much for the thread.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics