Phoenix on Mac using Wine stuck on loading screen. HELP

Started 15 Oct 2020
by jckelley87
in Support Center
EDITED (found the Fixer, but still not working)

I know this is quite a specific problem, but hoping maybe someone has experienced this.

I’m on a MacBook Pro and using Wine to launch the game. (First time I’ve ever used Wine or anything like it so I’m a bit clueless)

I’m using my Phoenix.exe launcher for the first time, created an account and try to log in. I get the loading screen and it gets stuck at like 95% and says v. 1.127b
Hit ESC to exit game.

I finally found the Phoenix.fixer and ran the downgrade, and a loading icon runs for a few seconds then disappears. I try and login and the loading screen still says 1.127. The Fixer does however open up some coding files which I am completely clueless what they mean or if changing something will make it work??

Any ideas??
Thu 15 Oct 2020 5:47 AM by elflord
You should try and re-download the launcher. You’ll have to run that downgrade. Why not just run it in bootcamp?
Thu 15 Oct 2020 2:43 PM by romulus
Hi!
Did you follow the instructions for how to install the game that are listed on the phoenix main page?

The steps are as follows (with the some minor additions):

Step 0: Go to darkageofcamelot.com and download the official game client.
Step 1: Install the official (live) game client.
Step 2: Update to Live version by running camelot.exe, it will patch. When the patching process is over, quit the launcher.
Step 3: Download and extract all Files from the Launcher Download into your DAoC Folder. There are 4 files in the launcher zip.
Step 4: Start our Launcher, Phoenix.exe and create a new account with it and patch the phoenix files (including creating a new Phoenixfixer.exe tool), then exit the launcher.
Step 5: Run Phoenixfixer.exe as an administrator and click the Downgrade option, the Fix Crafting option, and the Fix Map option in turn.
Step 6: Run the launcher again and Login to the game and select the closest proxy server to you.

Hope that helps!
:hugs:
Thu 15 Oct 2020 3:55 PM by jckelley87
Didn’t try the map and crafting fixes. Will try that.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics