Trying to find out why my house is gone.

Started 1 Jul 2020
by krenshala
in Support Center
Last week I picked up a house deed and selected lot 4503, build the house, added a porch and a consignment merchant, and put a couple if (low level) MP items up for sale. Yesterday evening my wife said my house was gone. Logging in today, the game says I do not own a house.

It also said I was no longer part of the guild, and my wife had to re-add me.

Whats going on?

edit: repossesion guy at the market had one of the two items I put up for sale, and I have more gold then when I last logged in. I can only assume the other sold and the 300g in the lockbox was returned to me. I'm still wondering why I my house was repossessed, though.
Thu 2 Jul 2020 9:19 AM by Centenario
You didnt pay the rent?
Thu 2 Jul 2020 10:55 AM by Beckett
krenshala wrote:
Wed 1 Jul 2020 9:14 PM
Last week I picked up a house deed and selected lot 4503, build the house, added a porch and a consignment merchant, and put a couple if (low level) MP items up for sale. Yesterday evening my wife said my house was gone. Logging in today, the game says I do not own a house.

It also said I was no longer part of the guild, and my wife had to re-add me.

Whats going on?

edit: repossesion guy at the market had one of the two items I put up for sale, and I have more gold then when I last logged in. I can only assume the other sold and the 300g in the lockbox was returned to me. I'm still wondering why I my house was repossessed, though.

I am going to assume the 300g you refer to is the 300g from the sale of the item on your consignment merchant. As of approx two months ago it was changed so that money from sales on consignment merchant is paid directly to the player who owns the house. Money is no longer kept on the consignment merchant and rent is no longer paid from consignment merchants. In the case of guild houses proceeds from sales is paid directly into the guild fund/bank. It sounds like you did not keep your lockbox topped up and when the rent was due the house was simply repossessed.
Thu 2 Jul 2020 10:20 PM by krenshala
Beckett wrote: I am going to assume the 300g you refer to is the 300g from the sale of the item on your consignment merchant. As of approx two months ago it was changed so that money from sales on consignment merchant is paid directly to the player who owns the house. Money is no longer kept on the consignment merchant and rent is no longer paid from consignment merchants. In the case of guild houses proceeds from sales is paid directly into the guild fund/bank. It sounds like you did not keep your lockbox topped up and when the rent was due the house was simply repossessed.
The item that sold was a very low cost item, as it was a low level item dirk (cobalt, or the tier before it iirc). The 300gold was in the house lockbox, specifically for future rent payments, as I put in my original post.

But none of that explains why my lot got repossessed, WITH RENT PAID, less than a week after I got the lot and put the house on it. At the best, it was repossessed, WITH RENT PAID, when the first week was up.

As it is, i'm out the money for the lowest level house, a consignment merchant, the porch to put him on, and about 100 to 150 gold for changing the thatch/door/walls. If i'd know my house was going to be destroyed through the use of Eminent Domain eviction, I'd have spent that money on my weaponcrafting instead.
Sat 4 Jul 2020 2:45 PM by krenshala
Seriously? Nothing?! Glad to know the GMs/Mods/Devs for this server don't give a shit about the players.
Sat 4 Jul 2020 3:37 PM by gruenesschaf
krenshala wrote:
Sat 4 Jul 2020 2:45 PM
Seriously? Nothing?! Glad to know the GMs/Mods/Devs for this server don't give a shit about the players.

Sounds like you bought the house but didn't pay rent and a week after the purchase it was torn down again.
Sun 12 Jul 2020 3:04 AM by krenshala
Figures nobody reads.
[list=]
  • Bought house.
  • Put 300 gold in the lockbox in the house.
  • Verified 300 gold was in the lockbox in the house.
  • A week later, was told my house was gone. Logged into see it was repossessed.
  • [/list]

If thats how I "forgot to pay [my] rent", then clearly the people running this server set something up wrong.
    Thu 13 May 2021 5:54 AM by Dkin777
    I know it wont make you feel better and I know this is a bit late ... but someone just asked in advice about their house being destroyed and it said that 19 items were returned to them .... but nothing in the inventory or vault's ... so it seems you lose everything you purchased? Seems like an oversight ... someone takes a 2 week vacation and has 1 weeks worth of rent paid ... they lose everything even on the vendor??? that seems like some serious bullshit.
    Thu 13 May 2021 7:09 AM by Astaa
    It's better than having hundreds of housing lots taken up by players that don't play any more. With the old method having just 2.6 plat in sales on a small house, sat on your CM would pay the rent for a year, pocket change.

/payrent all all max on a macro, click it once a week, problem solved, you have 6 weeks now to remember to do it.
    This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics