Conditions in Auto-Hotkey

Started 29 Jun 2020
by Aprox
in Support Center
Hi,

the server rules state that the use of conditions in auto hotkey is strictly forbidden. I made a script that does use conditions, but not to enable any actions while i am afk, but to make the script work only while the chat-window is inactive.

I would like to get an official statement, if such a script is allowed to use or not before i start using it regularily.

best,
Aprox.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 2:10 PM by Uthred
No, it is not allowed. Like said in the rules: no conditions, delays, etc.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 3:36 PM by Aprox
Thank you for the reply.

Is there any allowed workaround? It's somehow inconvient to have the scripts working in chat. if, for example, the abilities on q-bind ö and ä are bound to the hotkey r, writing text that contains the letter r will be difficult.
May i post my script for a closer look? The used condition is just a if-condition on a boolean, if the chat-window is active or not. No support of afk play or whatsoever. Just a little comfort for chatting while having several abilities bound to the same key.

best,
Aprox

The back-bone of the script (not very elegant, needs some polish before use. but it works.)

toggle := 0
return
#IfWinActive, Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2019 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Enter::
if (toggle = 0){
; If the toggle is off (0 or false), do the stuff in here
send, {Enter}
toggle := 1
}
else{
; If the toggle is on (1 or true), do the stuff in here
send, {Enter}
}
return
w::
if (toggle=0) {
send, 3 1
}
else
{
w::w
}
return
Mon 29 Jun 2020 4:28 PM by gromet12
Uthred wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 2:10 PM
No, it is not allowed. Like said in the rules: no conditions, delays, etc.

They all have delay conditions and don’t see bans on this. It’s abused on a few classes nothing is done. Just like the 2hand weapon swap macro is done with a delay of 2-3secs added into the macro and I’ve yet to see a ban for that, just watch a few of the videos and you can see this in action.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 4:40 PM by Aprox
unfortunately i flagged myself now...so i should stick to whatever the GM answers^^
Mon 29 Jun 2020 5:35 PM by Uthred
The rule is pretty clear. If you think, we dont get those players, feel free to browse the ban forum.

5. Macroing
It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key, however, delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden as well as any other means that allow unattended game-play

1st offense: Deletion of all characters and 2-weeks ban
2nd offense: permaban of Player
Mon 29 Jun 2020 5:39 PM by Aprox
not going to violate the rule, aslong i am not permitted. thats why i am here to ask before i use the script. while i browsed the forum, i found this post:
..."t's fine.

We are aware that the rule description is a bit... clunky.
They are all wrapped around the topic of unattended gameplay (repeat same actions automatically) and multiboxing (press once, send to X clients).

So you may make your life easier by binding multiple actions to the same key - that's what you do, just that the script is triggering a different action per press.
You are using an if-clause, which is fine for the used purpose.

And like Dintriz said, a violation-condition would be "If HP<50%", "If target=xxx" and such in-game data stuff.
- Ashok, GM Lead"
(i dont know how to cite out of an other topic)

This somehow contradicts your statement...i dont use any in-game-conditions in my script.
Mon 29 Jun 2020 7:49 PM by dbeattie71
Aprox wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 3:36 PM
Thank you for the reply.

Is there any allowed workaround? It's somehow inconvient to have the scripts working in chat. if, for example, the abilities on q-bind ö and ä are bound to the hotkey r, writing text that contains the letter r will be difficult.
May i post my script for a closer look? The used condition is just a if-condition on a boolean, if the chat-window is active or not. No support of afk play or whatsoever. Just a little comfort for chatting while having several abilities bound to the same key.

best,
Aprox

The back-bone of the script (not very elegant, needs some polish before use. but it works.)

return
#IfWinActive, Dark Age of Camelot © 2001-2019 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Enter::
if (toggle = 0){
; If the toggle is off (0 or false), do the stuff in here
send, {Enter}
toggle := 1
}
else{
; If the toggle is on (1 or true), do the stuff in here
send, {Enter}
}
return
w::
if (toggle=0) {
send, 3 1
}
else
{
w::w
}
return

Use function keys and then send the hot key. So {F1}r for 'r'. If you're typing, it will send 'r without disabling AHK.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics