2021-05-08 Saturday

Started 8 May 2021
by Uthred
in News
Any changes to brackets/premades have been removed. It will be the same setting as the last event.
Sat 8 May 2021 8:32 PM by Sagz
Uthred wrote:
Sat 8 May 2021 10:58 AM
Playing Field Event only changes:
- the rr5 bracket has been removed
- auto groups are now all or nothing, you can no longer invite some people and have the rest filled up
- the 49-50 bracket is now split between auto groups and normal groups / player with auto grouping disabled

So if you are in a premade, and someone LDs does it disband the group?

Also, if you are playing with 2 of your friends, you are forced to not play with them? Some people help out friends by playing a heal/buff class so they can level something to speed it up and so you are not stuck with 2 stealthers and 2 dps. Nothing worse than making a caster, and the rest of your group is a NS, hunter, thane, armsman this now doubled with you cannot play with your friend if you are a duo. At least if your friend made a buff class you could group with him, fill the rest and enjoy it.

Can you group 3 people only? and not fill the rest? or is it 5 or nothing?

This will actually make the complainers about premade groups complain even more, as noone makes a heal class to help randoms, mainly 99% of them are made to help friends.
Sat 8 May 2021 9:00 PM by ExcretusMaximus
All it means is you can't use autogroup to fill the remaining spots in a premade, which only worked about half the time anyway. You can still advertise and add random people who want into your group. And no, groups don't disband on an LD.
Sat 8 May 2021 9:13 PM by Sagz
I kinda of assumed that, but then again, you never know. It was just the wording of All or Nothing sounds like 5 or 0.
Sat 8 May 2021 9:15 PM by Uthred
After the reboot any changes to brackets/premades have been removed. It will be the same setting as the last event.
Sat 8 May 2021 10:06 PM by gotwqqd
I was digging the ability to do something without premades.
But the area seemed to be missing enough bodies to fill groups auto
Sun 9 May 2021 3:30 AM by Student_Nurse
I understand people want to play with their friends but putting premades in the same category with pugs totally ruins the event for people that do pug. In many games, if you pug, it puts you against other players that are also pugging and if you are in a premade then it only puts you against other premades. This makes the playing field even. Premades have a significant advantage over pugs. As of right now, healers often do not pug and stealth classes are almost never wanted in groups unless it is a full stealth group. Having 5 random classes against a premade with CC, speed and heals is only fun for those that are in the premade. I've noticed that when people do complain about having so many premades at 50, there are those that are quick to tell them to stop complaining and go make a premade. This is not a solution. When the premades were put in their own bracket, people didn't tell them to stop complaining and go form a pug. In the current state of the event, it feels like you are pressuring people to form a premade or get rolled over repeatably for pugging. If you wanted to force people to make a premade, then make it mandatory that people have to form their own groups before they can port. This will force people to make a premade in order to have a chance to compete. If you want to provide a fun playing experience for everyone, then what is the problem with putting pugs in their own category at least at level 50? If a group of 2 or 3 friends want to play together, they can still invite 2 random people to fill their group in order to form a premade. Rolling pugs is fun for only the people in the premades but it is very frustrating to play for those that do pug.

Another solution would be to give puggers (at least at level 50) an adequate boost in the amount of rps or xp that they get to make up for the amount of times they will get rolled over by premades. Or you could even boost their stats if they have a bad class composition for their pug. Giving a boost for playing with a bad class composition would possibly fix everything. If you have group with cc, heals and speed against a group with 5 dps, then give the group with the 5 dps a slight boost to make up the difference. There are solutions to help make the playing field more fair. You just have to be open to them.
Sun 9 May 2021 4:32 AM by Smricha1
Agreed. Premades shouldn’t be a part of this event. Ruins the fun
Sun 9 May 2021 5:53 AM by ExcretusMaximus
It's an MMO, make some friends, or put a whole fine minutes into forming a group of your own.

If you're too lazy to form up a group from the literal dozens of players looking, then you don't deserve to compete with those that take the time to do so.
Sun 9 May 2021 3:10 PM by Sagz
Student_Nurse wrote:
Sun 9 May 2021 3:30 AM
I understand people want to play with their friends but putting premades in the same category with pugs totally ruins the event for people that do pug. In many games, if you pug, it puts you against other players that are also pugging and if you are in a premade then it only puts you against other premades. This makes the playing field even. Premades have a significant advantage over pugs. As of right now, healers often do not pug and stealth classes are almost never wanted in groups unless it is a full stealth group. Having 5 random classes against a premade with CC, speed and heals is only fun for those that are in the premade. I've noticed that when people do complain about having so many premades at 50, there are those that are quick to tell them to stop complaining and go make a premade. This is not a solution. When the premades were put in their own bracket, people didn't tell them to stop complaining and go form a pug. In the current state of the event, it feels like you are pressuring people to form a premade or get rolled over repeatably for pugging. If you wanted to force people to make a premade, then make it mandatory that people have to form their own groups before they can port. This will force people to make a premade in order to have a chance to compete. If you want to provide a fun playing experience for everyone, then what is the problem with putting pugs in their own category at least at level 50? If a group of 2 or 3 friends want to play together, they can still invite 2 random people to fill their group in order to form a premade. Rolling pugs is fun for only the people in the premades but it is very frustrating to play for those that do pug.

Another solution would be to give puggers (at least at level 50) an adequate boost in the amount of rps or xp that they get to make up for the amount of times they will get rolled over by premades. Or you could even boost their stats if they have a bad class composition for their pug. Giving a boost for playing with a bad class composition would possibly fix everything. If you have group with cc, heals and speed against a group with 5 dps, then give the group with the 5 dps a slight boost to make up the difference. There are solutions to help make the playing field more fair. You just have to be open to them.

Great idea, and in frontier RVR there should be a separate zone for the BGs to compete against each other, and a separate zone for 8 mans, separate zones for 2, 3 , 4 , 5, 6, 7 mans. And definitely a solo zone. Hell while we are at it, lets just make everything instanced battlegrounds where you can que up to play and it will start when everything is exactly even. Sounds fun to me.

But seriously, what you want is NOT this game, go play another game instead of trying to make a game adjust to you. There are people all day spamming looking for more people to pug with to form a premade, the problem is 80% (if not more) want to do what they want to do, and do not make a support class or a CC class, they want to be dps. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. Suck it up cupcake, build a group or just run around and tag everything before you die and wait till they die to release, you get the same XP no matter what, that is your boost, you do not have to do more dps to get more xp or rps.

If you try building groups now, you may find people you have fun playing with, and them form up at 50 for Frontier. It kinda a stepping zone. There are more premades than you think, just there is a difference in region pugs without discord, region pugs with discord, and guild mates who are in discord and play together regularly, and some groups want to all play casters or tanks and no CC or healing or support, and complain they are losing to a reasonably balanced group.

And remember it is not the premades that ruin it, its the solos that try to have the rules changed for them, in a MMO.
Sun 9 May 2021 4:24 PM by Student_Nurse
Sagz wrote:
Sun 9 May 2021 3:10 PM
Student_Nurse wrote:

Great idea, and in frontier RVR there should be a separate zone for the BGs to compete against each other, and a separate zone for 8 mans, separate zones for 2, 3 , 4 , 5, 6, 7 mans. And definitely a solo zone. Hell while we are at it, lets just make everything instanced battlegrounds where you can que up to play and it will start when everything is exactly even. Sounds fun to me.

But seriously, what you want is NOT this game, go play another game instead of trying to make a game adjust to you. There are people all day spamming looking for more people to pug with to form a premade, the problem is 80% (if not more) want to do what they want to do, and do not make a support class or a CC class, they want to be dps. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. Suck it up cupcake, build a group or just run around and tag everything before you die and wait till they die to release, you get the same XP no matter what, that is your boost, you do not have to do more dps to get more xp or rps.

If you try building groups now, you may find people you have fun playing with, and them form up at 50 for Frontier. It kinda a stepping zone. There are more premades than you think, just there is a difference in region pugs without discord, region pugs with discord, and guild mates who are in discord and play together regularly, and some groups want to all play casters or tanks and no CC or healing or support, and complain they are losing to a reasonably balanced group.

And remember it is not the premades that ruin it, its the solos that try to have the rules changed for them, in a MMO.

So, anyone that has a different view from you should go play another game? That is exactly my point from my original post. Anyone who disagrees with having premades, is told by the premades to stop complaining and go form a premade. Games accommodate their player base. If they didn’t, games would die out. You’re wanting a game that only suits you and those that want to play like you. The event is not the same as the frontiers. It is an event to help people gain rps and xp at a faster rate. In its current state, the event is catering heavily towards premades. If you want people to be quiet that disagree with you, then perhaps you should ignore them. Almost all support classes are in premades at 50. The majority of people play a dps class because the majority of classes are dps classes. There are only 2 healing classes on both Albion and Midgard. On Albion, you have Clerics, Friars, Minstrels and Sorcerrors that can be considered a support class. Paladin, Armsman, Scout, Theurgist, Wizard, Infiltrator, Mercenary, Necromancer, Cabalist, Reaver are dps. I’m wasting my time by arguing with you though. My post is meant for the devs. There is no point going back and forth with a regular player.
Sun 9 May 2021 4:50 PM by Sagz
Student_Nurse wrote:
Sun 9 May 2021 4:24 PM
Sagz wrote:
Sun 9 May 2021 3:10 PM
Student_Nurse wrote:

So, anyone that has a different view from you should go play another game? That is exactly my point from my original post. Anyone who disagrees with having premades, is told by the premades to stop complaining and go form a premade. Games accommodate their player base. If they didn’t, games would die out. You’re wanting a game that only suits you and those that want to play like you. The event is not the same as the frontiers. It is an event to help people gain rps and xp at a faster rate. In its current state, the event is catering heavily towards premades. If you want people to be quiet that disagree with you, then perhaps you should ignore them. Almost all support classes are in premades at 50. The majority of people play a dps class because the majority of classes are dps classes. There are only 2 healing classes on both Albion and Midgard. On Albion, you have Clerics, Friars, Minstrels and Sorcerrors that can be considered a support class. Paladin, Armsman, Scout, Theurgist, Wizard, Infiltrator, Mercenary, Necromancer, Cabalist, Reaver are dps. I’m wasting my time by arguing with you though. My post is meant for the devs. There is no point going back and forth with a regular player.

No, you misunderstand, this game is an MMO, Masssive MULTIPLAYER Online, you want a MULTIPLAYER game to accommodate a SOLO player more than the MULTIPLAYER. That why I said this is not the game for you. Not because it is MY point of view. I dont understand the issue, the Devs have made this great event, pretty fair to all and there is always people who complain because they are too lazy and have no motivation or assertiveness to create and build a group. What do you think happens when you hit 50, and this event is over? You still have to have healing and support classes in NF.

You do know, you can take almost any class, and just autogroup and hit 50 during this event, you dont have to win every fight or even win A fight, you just have to hit everyone once, when they die you get the xp/rps. Maybe a lot dont understand that.

The groups dont have to be ideal, you could run skald/svg/thane/healer/sham and compete. Druid/warden/ment/sorc/chanter. Hell i seen friar/sham/svg/merc/SB (thats right no speed,cc,). I mean i seen a group consisting on animist/ment/cab/cave sham/bd haha just aoe dot everyone and collect your xp/rps. As you said in your previous post, "There are solutions to help make the playing field more fair. You just have to be open to them." So why dont you take your own advice and be open to actually trying to create a group for fun.

And to your point, I would probably say a majority of the player base, plays in some sort of premade group, whether is be a 2- 3 man who fills the other 2 -3 with randoms, or all 5, so it is accommodating them over you, who is in the minority.

Just out of curiosity, what characters did you make this event?
Sun 9 May 2021 11:49 PM by Hattrick
Sagz wrote:
Sun 9 May 2021 4:50 PM
No, you misunderstand, this game is an MMO, Masssive MULTIPLAYER Online, you want a MULTIPLAYER game to accommodate a SOLO player more than the MULTIPLAYER. That why I said this is not the game for you. Not because it is MY point of view. I dont understand the issue, the Devs have made this great event, pretty fair to all and there is always people who complain because they are too lazy and have no motivation or assertiveness to create and build a group. What do you think happens when you hit 50, and this event is over? You still have to have healing and support classes in NF.

You seem to be laboring under the misconception that people in the autogroup queue are all just soloers that don't want to try to form groups. I can tell you that I have run in premades in this event (and the last one) and I've run in autogroup pugs. I usually always try to find a group before pugging it when I am level 40+, but after 5 or 6 minutes of typing LFG messages in region and on Discord, I am going to go play because my time is limited. I am also in very large guilds in all 3 realms so I ask there as well. Sometimes it just doesn't happen and you have to autogroup so it isn't just people that are anti-social.

You do know, you can take almost any class, and just autogroup and hit 50 during this event, you dont have to win every fight or even win A fight, you just have to hit everyone once, when they die you get the xp/rps. Maybe a lot dont understand that.

Yeah, you can do that, no doubt. I could also walk from Orlando to Jacksonville, but that's not the best way to get there. Don't have such an elitist attitude. Pretty much everyone knows how the mechanics work in this thing and that tagging and waiting is your best bet when you're in a sub-optimal group. That said, contrary to something I saw expressed earlier in this thread, you definitely don't get as many rps from a simple tag as you do when your group does most or all of the damage. On fights where my group got wiped quickly, I seldom see rps exceeding 350 on a tagged target whereas when I have run in premades where we did most or all of the damage to a target, I see 800+ frequently and 1000+ is not unheard of.

The groups dont have to be ideal, you could run skald/svg/thane/healer/sham and compete. Druid/warden/ment/sorc/chanter. Hell i seen friar/sham/svg/merc/SB (thats right no speed,cc,). I mean i seen a group consisting on animist/ment/cab/cave sham/bd haha just aoe dot everyone and collect your xp/rps. As you said in your previous post, "There are solutions to help make the playing field more fair. You just have to be open to them." So why dont you take your own advice and be open to actually trying to create a group for fun.

Again, nobody disputes that you can slog along slowly in any group comp. Hell, I was in a group today with a skald, armsman, BM, pally a couple of different casters. We only had the paladin's heal chant for heals and we did ok. Not great, but ok. What you don't seem to get though is that most people don't really enjoy having to respawn every 2 minutes. It's no fun being a punching bag all day and all too often, that is how a lot of autogroup pugs feel. To be honest, it really isn't that much fun to be on the giving end either, not after awhile. Personally, I just don't get that much enjoyment out of rolling groups that never had a chance to begin with.
Mon 10 May 2021 2:49 AM by Yokahu
Premades really killed it for me... by the end, I found myself just disbanding from my group as soon as I got in it if the class combination were not great (not able to compete against premade) as I knew I would just be releasing every few minutes as I waited dead just hoping for something I tagged get kill.

In my opinion, this event should have been either 100% PUG or 100% premades (or just a separate bracket for each). If you just want to duo with your friend go build a full premade in your premade bracket or go to New Frontier. Going against premades when you are PUGing is just frustrating as heck. Every bit of it was sweaty, when I just wanted to relax and enjoy the event.
Mon 10 May 2021 6:12 AM by Centenario
Would be nice if you could play any class during the event, and then once you reach lvl 50 with it you can choose to delete it in exchange for a instant lvl 50 RR4 character.
So then people could play healer/mezzer/etc... : classes that make a premade optimal.
And then use the token for the class they wanted to lvl up.

Right now, people are just playing optimal premade group even if they don't plan to play those classes later or they already have them.
This means that they do it just to slow down other people leveling/RR event, just for fun.

If people could at least have a fighting chance by having the minimum classes in group.

I played a zerk during the event, and from lvl 1-44 I leveled without any healing class, full PUG. It was a poor experience, which I wouldnt recommend to new players.
Tue 11 May 2021 5:31 AM by kedyrraent
hey, Just a litle feedback for the devs, you should make the "spawn" zone mana free, so the classes like BD for example (wich I played) can cast their multiple pets and buffs and dont make their group wait them cause they used 60% of their mana just for that
Tue 11 May 2021 10:42 AM by Hattrick
kedyrraent wrote:
Tue 11 May 2021 5:31 AM
hey, Just a litle feedback for the devs, you should make the "spawn" zone mana free, so the classes like BD for example (wich I played) can cast their multiple pets and buffs and dont make their group wait them cause they used 60% of their mana just for that

I also played a BD and felt this pain. I was trying to experiment with the myriad of RAs the bonedancer has so I didn't want to spend 3 points on MCL, but without it, I basically ported in with about 50% power every time. You already take the longest time to get ready to port so your group is already getting antsy by the time you're done summoning and buffing. They won't wait for you to sit and med your power back.
Tue 11 May 2021 7:31 PM by DriplessShrimp
Agree with both sides but there should definitely be split brackets. Getting stomped while trying to pug after work by premades constantly is annoying. Of course its more fun to keep rolling the same people over and over while stealthers or randos tag for xp. Splitting up the groups would solve the problem then the people that want to run premade groups can run against other premade groups while the pugs can level to 50 without dying, buffing in safe zone, porting and getting spawn camped by a premade that knows all the spawn points. Everyones time is important not just the people that run pugs or the people that run premades dont try and act like anyone elses time is less valuable because you have an elitist attitude in a 20 year old game.
Tue 11 May 2021 10:57 PM by Leafus
DriplessShrimp wrote:
Tue 11 May 2021 7:31 PM
Agree with both sides but there should definitely be split brackets. Getting stomped while trying to pug after work by premades constantly is annoying. Of course its more fun to keep rolling the same people over and over while stealthers or randos tag for xp. Splitting up the groups would solve the problem then the people that want to run premade groups can run against other premade groups while the pugs can level to 50 without dying, buffing in safe zone, porting and getting spawn camped by a premade that knows all the spawn points. Everyones time is important not just the people that run pugs or the people that run premades dont try and act like anyone elses time is less valuable because you have an elitist attitude in a 20 year old game.

I don't think they want that. That's not the easiest path to 50. Rolling 3 mercs a zerker and an armsman in an open field is. They don't want a fair fight, they want easy. Like most human beings.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to News or the latest topics