- theurgist pet damage against keep doors has been reduced
- ellyll sages had their healing delve reduced
- relic guards had their hp reduced and damage increased
- friar should once again be able to cancel the endurance pulse
- reduced spec level requirements for some eld and sm debuffs
- wizard earth spec 49 dot is no longer an ae dot
- char planner has been updated
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:02 PM by DJ2000
quick, someone post a shocked pikachu face.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:04 PM by daytonchambers
Earth wiz finally took a nerf.

Was a looooong wait for that train to get to the station. Glad it's here
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:05 PM by Delegator
So just flat-out nerf to earth wizards that wasn't even mentioned in planned changes? No explanation, no nothing? So, if you were using an earth wizard for farming instead of a cabalist, you get the big middle finger. How nice.

And of course the Ellyll Sage nerf directed at minstrels.

And Theurgist pet nerf on keep doors.

So many changes lately seem to be reactions to somebody losing a fight to a specific realm or class, and not being able to adjust.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:13 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Delegator wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:05 PM
So many changes lately seem to be reactions to somebody losing a fight to a specific realm or class, and not being able to adjust.

I hate to break it to you, but when one realm dominates the other two for an extended period, they get targeted for nerfs, e.g. Hibernia in spring/summer of 2020 and Midgard in summer/fall of 2019.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:24 PM by Delegator
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:13 PM
I hate to break it to you, but when one realm dominates the other two for an extended period, they get targeted for nerfs, e.g. Hibernia in spring/summer of 2020 and Midgard in summer/fall of 2019.

And that is a great way to lose players. Nerfing the characters that people have spent time leveling, spent PP temping, and designed for a playstyle instead of buffing the other realms is just a negative approach that will make people (like me) annoyed at best or upset at worst. Doing it out of the blue (unlike, say, the balance changes in the Planned Changes forum, the earlier archery changes, and so on) means that they knew it would make people angry.

Personally I have 2 earth wizards, one specced with RAs for PVE (e.g. no wild power) one for RVR. Yes, the AE DoT is a key power for both those characters. And it wasn't nerfed, it was removed. That would be like removing lifetap from supression BDs. It was nerfed before (that's when my sup BD was mothballed), but removing a defining power from a class is just telling people not to play it -- because if they had wanted to play ice or fire, they would have.

So you can say it's inevitable, but there are other approaches that could be taken. They could have buffed the weak BD bone army AE DoT. They could have added an AE DoT to a line in hib that is underplayed and doesn't have one (e.g. animist creeping). There are ways to attempt to balance that don't involve nerfs, unless the whole point is to get people to stop playing a character.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:26 PM by Idra
instead of nerfing theur pets, when would you fix them ?
Earth pet should have walk speed and decent amount of HP (like forest heart),actually they are fast and can be one shot
Air pets should have 1HP and high speed, they actually are slow like walking speed and get lot of HP
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:29 PM by Yol
Staff is on a good way! Dont listen to the whiners! And Albion is still overpowered: Minstrel Insta-Charm without switching a instrument 2000 range is a bad joke. Same as Pala-Endu-Song has 2000 range and is permanent. And a shaman endu-buff wich costs concentration has a range from 1000. Thats so terrible....hope the staff will correct that soon!
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:41 PM by Delegator
Yol wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:29 PM
Staff is on a good way! Dont listen to the whiners! And Albion is still overpowered: Minstrel Insta-Charm without switching a instrument 2000 range is a bad joke. Same as Pala-Endu-Song has 2000 range and is permanent. And a shaman endu-buff wich costs concentration has a range from 1000. Thats so terrible....hope the staff will correct that soon!

Yeah! Nerf everybody I don't like! Take away baseline stun from hibs! And insta AE stun from healers! And insta disease from shaman! And insta lifetap from BD! Because whining about people I want nerfed isn't like the whining I'm whining about!!!
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:45 PM by Hythz
So now, there're 2 jokes BIG changes on this server :
BARD getting root (non native related class, where are the druids ????),
and Wizz earth who got AoE DOT NATIVE related class removed.

The reasons for this ????? nothing is explained for the community.

Plus, for those who specs earth wiz for PvE & RvR, you just killed them, switch them to cabalist at least (even if it isn't what it should be because earth wiz are NATIVEEE (something like non native from bard :laugh, those char are used for FARM)

Now, hib has stun DD, they already have 1 doter with the mentalist. When are you gonna nerf them if you remove something native from wizz, do it for the others classes outside from albion ???!!!?? Since earth wizzard is nerfed, we only have 1 aoe dot who's the caba, who can clear fast the XXXXXX forests & tanglers from animist and i still no see pet maximum for them? are you joking again ?

Thoses changes are ridiculously making nothing to argumente because there is no one valable argument to do it this way.

BTW, when are you gonna nerf SB & Hunters melee dps ? nothing is good on this, too much damages from low rr & high survivabilities for the hunter.

Make real changes .... nothing like that will get you more player on hib or mid, just less player in your server by destroying classes.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 6:37 PM by Sepplord
If i had to guess, i would say they acknowledge that they made wizards too strong overall when they made the custom buffs at start
The issue is though, he still isn't taken much into 8mens so they don't want to nerf his groupviability.

From that PoV it makes sense to nerf the AoE-dot because that doesn't Impact his groupfight capabilities at all while heavily nerfing hin in siege warfare.

That said, the AoE-dot itself was not too strong so it comes out of the blue to have it removed completely. It leaves me with a bad taste since suddenly nothing is guaranteed. You could heavily Invest in a char and suddenly your core gameplay mechanic gets removed completely. Not just nerfed....but removed. And the char you made for activity X suddenly doesn't do what you made him for anymore.

Imo when a class gets such a drastic rework (not just a Nerf) there should be options to switch classes so the development efforts aren't just lost

(PS: No, i don't have a Wizard....i just feel with some that might be maining one and only Play in the BG)
Sat 2 Jan 2021 7:47 PM by Noashakra
Ah yeah the hib stun whining :p
Nobody plays hib caster, and for good reasons. In the mean time, everyone plays alb caster groups...
The ellyl nerf is a solo nerf, so it'll not impact too many situations and will avoid some cheese in 1vs1.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 9:38 PM by Delegator
Noashakra wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 7:47 PM
Ah yeah the hib stun whining :p
Nobody plays hib caster, and for good reasons. In the mean time, everyone plays alb caster groups...
The ellyl nerf is a solo nerf, so it'll not impact too many situations and will avoid some cheese in 1vs1.

Haha -- nobody plays a hib caster. Lost all your credibility right there. Top RP earners last 48 hours, 3 are mentalists.

Ellyl sages are of COURSE not just for solo -- the point of the heal nerf is that the sages have utility in groups. Now they have less utility in groups. At some point I expect that all non-melee pets will be disallowed, or something like that.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 10:25 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Noashakra wrote:

So now you're saying no one plays Hib casters, and no one plays Hib tanks, what do you think groups are comprised of? Five naturalists, an animist and two stealth?
Sat 2 Jan 2021 10:29 PM by easytoremember
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 10:25 PM
Noashakra wrote:

So now you're saying no one plays Hib casters, and no one plays Hib tanks, what do you think groups are comprised of? Five naturalists, an animist and two stealth?
7 bards and a bm
Sat 2 Jan 2021 10:43 PM by easytoremember
Hythz wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:45 PM
Wizz earth who got AoE DOT NATIVE related class removed.

Plus, for those who specs earth wiz for PvE & RvR, you just killed them, switch them to cabalist at least (even if it isn't what it should be because earth wiz are NATIVEEE (something like non native from bard :laugh, those char are used for FARM)
I'm pretty sure AoE DoT in Wizard's earth line was ToA garbage. It never originally existed
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:09 PM by Noashakra
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 10:25 PM
Noashakra wrote:

Dude, my guild is the only 8man caster group playing regulary on hib EU prime. We are the only one. No GvG list played hib caster at least for the last 6 months.
Wtf are you speaking about?

Haha -- nobody plays a hib caster. Lost all your credibility right there. Top RP earners last 48 hours, 3 are mentalists.
And you are an idiot.
Hib caster is a comp of 8 people, like hib hybrid. You speak about 3 caster who are playing in the zerg... Of course people are playing mages in zerg.
Omfg.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:19 PM by Delegator
easytoremember wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 10:43 PM
I'm pretty sure AoE DoT in Wizard's earth line was ToA garbage. It never originally existed

Well, technically the matter DoT and GTAoE both didn't exist originally -- they were added in 1.51. It looks like in 1.83 the matter DoT was expanded, but it wasn't just at level 48 -- the previous 2 had radii of 250 and 150. And yes I said level 48, because the spell was level 48, not 49, so other things changed somewhere along the line as well, whether in Phoenix or here.

But saying that it's ToA garbage is meaningless, because lots of stuff in Phoenix is TOA. Frostalfs, Shars and Half Ogres. New Frontiers was post-TOA as well. It isn't like this shard is anything close to "1.65 plus quality of life changes" anymore. It hasn't been for at least a year.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:22 PM by Delegator
Noashakra wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:09 PM
And you are an idiot.
Hib caster is a comp of 8 people, like hib hybrid. You speak about 3 caster who are playing in the zerg...
Omfg.

I run into plenty of hib caster trains -- I can't tell whether they are GVG or not, but hang around Beno or Bled docks and the train will arrive. Just because they aren't playing in GVG doesn't mean they aren't there.

But hey, you know the only correct way to play and I'm an idiot, so whatever.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:29 PM by Noashakra
Having 2 or 3 mages in the group is not hib caster, it's hib hybrid... So yeah continue speaking without knowing.
There are no hib group, pug or gvg, with 4+mages EU prime except frogz.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:40 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Noashakra wrote:
Dude, my guild is the only 8man caster group playing regulary on hib EU prime. We are the only one. No GvG list played hib caster at least for the last 6 months.

I don't know, what are you talking about? You're constantly saying no one plays Hib tanks, and now you're saying no one plays Hib casters, so that leaves groups of nothing but naturalists and stealthers, or you're full of it and like to make shit up. Which is it?
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:49 PM by Noashakra
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 11:40 PM
Noashakra wrote:

I don't know, what are you talking about? You're constantly saying no one plays Hib tanks, and now you're saying no one plays Hib casters, so that leaves groups of nothing but naturalists and stealthers, or you're full of it and like to make shit up. Which is it?

Most people play hib hybrid (2 tanks 3 mages, or 3 tanks 2 mages), shocking I know!
Sun 3 Jan 2021 1:14 AM by alex200k
easytoremember wrote:
Hythz wrote:

I believe you are correct sir, nobody played earth wizard back in the day, now it's all the rage on phoenix.

Edit: https://web.archive.org/web/20021102153804/http://camelot.allakhazam.com/skills.html?realm=Albion&cskill=2
Mon 4 Jan 2021 7:04 PM by Topas
easytoremember wrote:
Hythz wrote:

Thats is wrong!
Mon 4 Jan 2021 7:13 PM by Topas
Yes, of course. They can't get a grip on the GTAoE and now they try to remove a whole Skill line.
Mon 4 Jan 2021 10:02 PM by Warlogy
Hilarious timing for me I just came back to the game thinking I'd give it another go, go on my earth wizard... oh that's a nice change!!! Excellent way to drive some nails into this coffin.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 12:51 PM by PoisonClovers
Where are the free respecs when you add/change lines.? why is it always a thing to log into a change and not be able to change your spec.
Tue 5 Jan 2021 1:11 PM by Sepplord
plenty of changes were implemented with a respecc for the effected classes...

didn't know this one came without one, but either way i bet asking nicely will get you further than just ranting and making generalisations that are just not true
Wed 6 Jan 2021 12:48 PM by PoisonClovers
Only complaining because has happened before. IE: Ranger.. eventually respec was given days after, just not the point. Why not just add respecs from the jump especially when you take an AE DoT from a class completely.
Sat 9 Jan 2021 2:18 PM by Uthred
giampietro75 wrote:
Sat 9 Jan 2021 1:21 PM
On all servers daoc the staff plays hib. they will have lost some inc and nerfy your classes. This is the explanation ..

gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 24 Dec 2020 9:10 AM
Since it's useless to deny and any actions contra to the narrative are ignored, from this point forward any claims of bias against or for a certain realm will see the post deleted and the person permanently muted in the forum, really cba anymore to care about that.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to News or the latest topics