2020-12-17 Thursday

Started 17 Dec 2020
by gruenesschaf
in News
- all towers in the frontier except those on ellan vannin had their model changed slightly
- the line of sight calculation should be more accurate in those new towers thereby removing "safe" zones
- healing against guard damage no longer counts towards task / keep fight participation
Thu 17 Dec 2020 10:29 AM by Astaa
Looking good!

Can the new windows be shot/casted through?
Thu 17 Dec 2020 11:03 AM by Uthred
Yes, this is possible.
Thu 17 Dec 2020 2:09 PM by mattymc
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 8:25 AM
- healing against guard damage no longer counts towards task / keep fight participation

I am sure somebody somewhere found an exploit causing this massively ridiculous over-reaction. Healing RP's are miniscule, why do this?
Thu 17 Dec 2020 2:24 PM by Astaa
You misunderstand. You will still get healing RPs, you simply wont get huge RP ticks for standing in guard range and then healing to gain participation bonuses.
Thu 17 Dec 2020 3:09 PM by mattymc
Astaa wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 2:24 PM
You misunderstand. You will still get healing RPs, you simply wont get huge RP ticks for standing in guard range and then healing to gain participation bonuses.

I just don't see it as being that big of in issue; does this only count against solo players? If not, how would a MID healer get rp with absolutely zero dps; run up and hit a guard? Just seems unnecessary but...<shrug>.
Thu 17 Dec 2020 3:52 PM by Sepplord
if i had to guess it is similar to the change that doing dmg to keeplords over and over again got fixed...
some people like to exploit and fixing it is easier than making sure noone ever exploits it

I am just assuming, but healing dmg in RvR probably was the same rbefore, regardless where the dmg came from, enemy players or enemy guards.
So a healer and his buddies could be "fighting" guards the whole time, and appear to be some monster ramping up RvR healing of crazy amounts for huge participation ticks (and afaik smaller ticks for everyone else, since it's split accoridng to participation)
Thu 17 Dec 2020 7:18 PM by Noashakra
mattymc wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 3:09 PM
Astaa wrote:

I just don't see it as being that big of in issue; does this only count against solo players? If not, how would a MID healer get rp with absolutely zero dps; run up and hit a guard? Just seems unnecessary but...<shrug>.

Because some people surely abused this
Fri 18 Dec 2020 2:28 PM by mattymc
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 7:18 PM
mattymc wrote:
Astaa wrote:

Because some people surely abused this

There are tons of abuses that go unanswered and many things that require attention, this is using dynamite to fish....
Fri 18 Dec 2020 3:13 PM by Uthred
mattymc wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 2:28 PM
There are tons of abuses that go unanswered and many things that require attention, this is using dynamite to fish....

If you know about any abuse, report it to the team please. Just saying there are tons of abuses doesnt help at all. This mechanic was heavenily (ab)used in the not intended way. Thats why it got changed. You still get participation if you get hit by a guard. You just dont get this ridiculous high participation when only doing PVE vs guards.
Fri 18 Dec 2020 4:48 PM by dougrighteous1
mattymc wrote:
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 7:18 PM
mattymc wrote:
Astaa wrote:

my dude, that LOS abuse in a tower was borderline gamebreaking. U could drop a tinderbox in the back on the first floor and heal with impunity. AOE spells couldnt even touch u. a melee would have to run right next to you to swing. This was a huge fix...?
Fri 18 Dec 2020 7:02 PM by mattymc
Uthred wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 3:13 PM
mattymc wrote:

If you know about any abuse, report it to the team please. Just saying there are tons of abuses doesnt help at all. This mechanic was heavenily (ab)used in the not intended way. Thats why it got changed. You still get participation if you get hit by a guard. You just dont get this ridiculous high participation when only doing PVE vs guards.

But, you get participation when you PvE a keep if and only if your a caster or melee or a healing class that can do damage? It just seems over the top directed at a class that is designed to stay uninterrupted and heal and, in at least one case, has virtually zero DPS to begin with.....as for punishing random solo's throwing heals to get participation, it still seems like overkill....the participation mechanic just gets skewed farther away from healers in general.

Perhaps 'tons of abuses' was an overstatement or hyperbole, I think looking at the effects of changes to rate their effectiveness would be a useful tool.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to News or the latest topics