2020-12-08 Tuesday

Started 8 Dec 2020
by Uthred
in News
- added a static 25% underpopulation bonus to kill xp / bp / rp for Hibernia for 7 days
Tue 8 Dec 2020 3:12 PM by Simon73
Getting popcorn ready for replies

(but happy at the same time eheh)
Wed 9 Dec 2020 3:57 AM by LrdRahl
just lol

that is all there is to say
Wed 9 Dec 2020 8:58 AM by Uthred

The above graph shows the average population of the last 30 days. Not sure why you guys think, the bonus is not valid. We did the same when Midgard was that low and we would do the same, if Albion would be that low. If you arent able to see the obvious and only living in your own very limited point of view, you better shouldnt post in here. Thank you for understanding.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 9:43 AM by Lollie
Am i reading that wrong or is that average population per hour?
Wed 9 Dec 2020 10:34 AM by Uthred
It is the average of the last 30 days, shown per hour. As an example: at 15:00 (3pm) in average there have been online: 514 Albs, 449 Mids and 405 Hibs.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 10:46 AM by Lollie
ah, gotchya!
Wed 9 Dec 2020 1:28 PM by Simon73
Uthred wrote:
Wed 9 Dec 2020 8:58 AM

The above graph shows the average population of the last 30 days. Not sure why you guys think, the bonus is not valid. We did the same when Midgard was that low and we would do the same, if Albion would be that low. If you arent able to see the obvious and only living in your own very limited point of view, you better shouldnt post in here. Thank you for understanding.

I love this man
Wed 9 Dec 2020 1:44 PM by Solicfear
This will only end in tears.

In recent days hibs have had more in nf than mid/alb.

I don't think it should be done on realm population but in nf zone itself.

If you really want to put a bonus on something is mid. They hardly get any numbers out in nf but small zergs and 8mans. Putting the bonus on hib seems a bit of a joke to me considering how on Monday they had over 200+ taking back their relic.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 1:59 PM by Solicfear
Furthermore, if u want to boost a population then just make it easier for players to get xp on that realm by adding a bonus on mobs in a certain areas. Albion will never get a low population because players like to PvE. That's why it has a higher pop, it doesn't reflect on how many are playing in RvR as it's considerably less.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 5:07 PM by LrdRahl
I guess my main concern is that it adds a RP advantage to the realm as a static bonus and not actually tied to RvR participation numbers. I see why we like to even out the numbers, but when you are looking at the overhead numbers it doesn't tell the whole story of what is going on in the realm.

So we have 50 more people online, in Albion it is a good chance that 10% of that number is actually participating in RvR and not AFK in Relic Town or just solo farming off on thier own. So likely we have 5 more people in ACTIVE RvR because of that "population advantage" Relic Town in Albion has 2x more people AFK then I have ever seen in Mid.

Its your server guys and I think you know how much I have put into Albion community for almost the last 2 years. I know our numbers were lower than Hibs AND most of those people were PvE and AFK for like months Owning all 6 relics for months? I never saw that kind of bonus come our way that quickly ever. I am not asking for Albion to get a bonus but I have been in the same seat Hibernia is right now for far longer, and it seems like a major power advantage in the way of static RP bonus when they can put out a larger BG while being underpopulated.

RP = power

If they need more PvE people because its hard to get feathers or groups or such than keep the bonus to PvE, but after the Hibworld ownage we had for a long time I really don't think the situation is so dire in RvR
Wed 9 Dec 2020 6:46 PM by Valaraukar
As I said when the bonus went to Mid... it does not help for balance.

it would be interesting to see, if possible, a few stats on the last event. How many alb/hib/mid new toons have been created for the event? Which classes? It would be a fair sight on the balance of the classes at the moment.
Maybe mine is just a wrong perception but I've seen tons of sorcerers, cabalists, animists, rangers, scouts, necros, bards (did one myself), reavers and much less mid classes, apart from thanes, I'd say.
Wed 9 Dec 2020 7:22 PM by Tienef
Uthred wrote:

Could we see the same graph with Frontier 50 stats ?
Current /u shows Frontier 50 and All 50 are the opposite :
- #1 hib (most pop), #2 alb and #3 mid for Frontier 50,
- #1 mid, #2 alb and #3 hib for All 50

Not sure why the people not doing RVR should be taken into accound when measuring RVR balance
Wed 9 Dec 2020 7:38 PM by Solicfear
Tienef wrote:
Wed 9 Dec 2020 7:22 PM
Uthred wrote:

Uthred,

I don't think people are looking it your way.

They are looking at it as a RvR point of view. Giving a bonus to a realm that ran 200+ in their battlegroup before they even had the bonus is telling us that this isn't fair. I can see the point of view that you see the realm struggling for population but possibly that's because they don't do so much PvE that mid/alb do. The Alb/mid have a higher population is due to players pveing more, it doesn't mean that all of those guys are RvRing.

I think you need to separate the PvE/RvR bonuses and not put them together because that doesn't show an overall picture of what's actually happening in that realm. You are just assuming it's an underpopulated realm when in fact it isn't when it comes to RvR.

Ofc it's your server and you can do whatever u like but I'm telling you as a player that this type handing out bonuses will end in tears and other realms will be left out unfairly.

That's all I'm going to say,
Wed 9 Dec 2020 9:25 PM by Jingo NZ
How about stats on total rp earnt per realm for the last 30 days, would that be a useful indicator?
Thu 10 Dec 2020 7:56 AM by Simon73
Solicfear wrote:
Wed 9 Dec 2020 1:44 PM
seems a bit of a joke to me considering how on Monday they had over 200+ taking back their relic.

So ONE day that hib have a higher number compared to an evident spreadsheet posted by a GM of the statistics over the last month makes the things different... yep you are right...

(ps i play on 3 realms so i don't have interest..)
Thu 10 Dec 2020 8:12 AM by Simon73
Jingo NZ wrote:
Wed 9 Dec 2020 9:25 PM
How about stats on total rp earnt per realm for the last 30 days, would that be a useful indicator?

And then what?
if you talk of single players, most rps are done by stealthers (always the top - infitheweb, brainstorm, etc) and some 8man groups.

If you talk of pure ZERG, PS RP last week by guild :

Federation of albion 16 million
Albion starter guild 12 million

Midgard starter guild 9 million

and the a couple of hib guils at 5 mil and the albs and mids again.. so i don't get it
Thu 10 Dec 2020 8:46 AM by Jingo NZ
I mean the monthly rp total for each realm. If one realm is much lower then that is a reasonable indicator for applying the underpop bonus.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 9:24 AM by Simon73
Jingo NZ wrote: I mean the monthly rp total for each realm. If one realm is much lower then that is a reasonable indicator for applying the underpop bonus.

Alb has double rps of hibs and mids.
Is that skill, or pure numbers?
And consider mids and hibs normally last week (and previous ones) had underpop bonuses
Thu 10 Dec 2020 9:59 AM by Solicfear
Simon73 wrote:
Thu 10 Dec 2020 9:24 AM
Jingo NZ wrote: I mean the monthly rp total for each realm. If one realm is much lower then that is a reasonable indicator for applying the underpop bonus.

Alb has double rps of hibs and mids.
Is that skill, or pure numbers?
And consider mids and hibs normally last week (and previous ones) had underpop bonuses

You can't base this on guild/players that have the highest realm points, FoA is the biggest guild on Albion which again doesn't reflect in nf. We have players playing different styles from stealthers/small man/zerging all parts of the day. We may have players rvring but not all at the same time, we have a mixture PvEing and RvRing but the realm points builds throughout the day as we have Asian, European and American players in our guild (international guild basically).

As i said before, separate the bonuses and have RP/BP bonus for low population in nf and XP bonus for low population in PvE area's. That is the only solution, you can't base it on realm points because guilds may have big populations in a underpopulated realm. It just wouldn't make much sense to do it like that and besides I've seen some hib guilds get nearly the same realm points as FoA. (Ma Anche No - Smaps guild) / Pilz as the highest Realm rank player in the game.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 10:20 AM by Simon73
Solicfear wrote:
Thu 10 Dec 2020 9:59 AM
You can't base this on guild/players that have the highest realm points

Ok i will not

Solicfear wrote:
I've seen some hib guilds get nearly the same realm points as FoA. (Ma Anche No - Smaps guild) / Pilz as the highest Realm rank player in the game.

Wait, didn't you just say we can't do that?
Thu 10 Dec 2020 1:19 PM by Solicfear
Simon73 wrote:
Thu 10 Dec 2020 10:20 AM
Solicfear wrote:
You can't base this on guild/players that have the highest realm points

Ok i will not

Solicfear wrote:
I've seen some hib guilds get nearly the same realm points as FoA. (Ma Anche No - Smaps guild) / Pilz as the highest Realm rank player in the game.

Wait, didn't you just say we can't do that?

hmmm, I think u've taken my quote out of context, u need to read closely what i was saying.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 3:29 PM by LrdRahl
Just because FoA represents a larger % of the population on Albion that doesn't mean because we are on the top Alb is overpowered. We simply just control a larger %

We were pulling in top of the list numbers even when Albion was underpopulated.

Looking just at our numbers again like so many things doesn't tell the whole picture.

Look at it this way if we are looking at a population of 100 people on Alb and 100 people on Hib it doesn't matter that 50 people in Albs group are in one Guild and the 100 Hibs are spread between 10 Guilds of 10. Looking at the RP gain of course we have more than anyone else we have 5x the number than the single Hib Guilds, doesn't change the population is only 100 people.
Thu 10 Dec 2020 9:59 PM by Simon73
LrdRahl wrote:
Thu 10 Dec 2020 3:29 PM
Just because FoA represents a larger % of the population on Albion that doesn't mean because we are on the top Alb is overpowered. We simply just control a larger %

Looking just at our numbers again like so many things doesn't tell the whole picture.

Look at it this way if we are looking at a population of 100 people on Alb and 100 people on Hib it doesn't matter that 50 people in Albs group are in one Guild and the 100 Hibs are spread between 10 Guilds of 10. Looking at the RP gain of course we have more than anyone else we have 5x the number than the single Hib Guilds, doesn't change the population is only 100 people.

Ok, you guys don't get it.
Numbers by GM you think are unreal.
So, let's give a look at rps.

From last week rp on herald :

Albion 48.432.024
Midgard 40.314.282
Hibernia 33.357.301

Then, if you want to look into even more, sum them all up :

https://herald.playphoenix.online/guilds/realmpoints?time-frame=last-week&filter=albion

On Hibernia total is 35 Million.

Check out yours.

Honestly, don't you feel stupid wanting to be right at all costs?
Fri 11 Dec 2020 1:10 AM by LrdRahl
I have merely said 2 major points

- Should be based on RvR population and not just static bonus

-Hibernia enjoyed this SAME advantage over others for months and months

Because Hib is down for a couple weeks they need to be saved?
Fri 11 Dec 2020 1:36 AM by Solicfear
Simon73 wrote:
Thu 10 Dec 2020 9:59 PM
LrdRahl wrote:
Thu 10 Dec 2020 3:29 PM

Ok, you guys don't get it.
Numbers by GM you think are unreal.
So, let's give a look at rps.

From last week rp on herald :

Albion 48.432.024
Midgard 40.314.282
Hibernia 33.357.301

Then, if you want to look into even more, sum them all up :

https://herald.playphoenix.online/guilds/realmpoints?time-frame=last-week&filter=albion

On Hibernia total is 35 Million.

Check out yours.

Honestly, don't you feel stupid wanting to be right at all costs?

If you start putting this into an rp case, you'll open a can of worms. Players will see this as a rp boost to try and get a level playing field with the other realms that make more. The whole point of rvr is to get your own realm points and not expect the devs to bail you out because you don't make enough realm points. If you feel that you aren't making enough then you can find other ways to make that. Look at mid, they have lowest population than anyone else in nf if u look at /u a lot but still beat you on realm points because they have found ways to do it. So, your way of thinking is because the going get's tough and the hib zerg was getting trashed a lot by the albs, that u deserve a rp bonus? I don't by it.

I remember the time when Albion got bashed a lot by the hib zerg and we were having our realm daily for months on end looking green and you were getting all the glory. We never got a rp bonus and I can guarantee you then that we were at the same stage of realm points then you are today. But it's okay for hib to get a rp bonus because they didn't make enough rps.....

I totally agree with underpopulated realms getting boosts where it's needed and mid I believe deserve that bonus so they can get more players into rvr. Hib don't need it on the other hand because some days you have more players than even us albs that you believe are so overpopulated lol.

I just find it absurd handing out an rp bonus to a realm with the lowest realm points. It should be down to players to make those realm points!

This needs to be based on population in New Frontiers, that's the only way it will be fair.

Anyway, it's down to the devs whatever they want to do but i just don't agree with handing out rp boosts to those that already have a stable population in nf.
Fri 11 Dec 2020 8:42 AM by Simon73
Solicfear wrote: I just find it absurd handing out an rp bonus to a realm with the lowest realm points. It should be down to players to make those realm points!

You know perfectly well that people are realm hoppers and follow the stronghest zerg, and it has been lately yours and Polemo.
Btw in this moment in NF :

Albion 57
Mid 79
Hib 55

and btw, in last weeks total I showed before, you need to consider also that hib had normally a 20-25% (often 30% underpop bonus), so real Rps are much less.

Good bye, useless going on.
Fri 11 Dec 2020 12:47 PM by Seelixh
Errrrmm... Albion will never get any bonus because everyone just farms PvE there. U should take the RvR pop., not total... ( ° ) <
Fri 11 Dec 2020 2:11 PM by Astaa
Or they could go by BG size...Which would always mean Hib and Mid get bonuses.

Edit, it doesn't really matter what metric you use, the statistics speak for themselves

Alb have more 50s in the frontier, Hib the least.
Alb have more people in the BG, Mid the least.
Alb make the most RPs each week, Hib the least.

Albion is overpopulated compared to other realms. I mean the right thing to do would be to continue working on balancing Albion but a short term answer is underpopulation bonuses of some description.
Fri 11 Dec 2020 6:07 PM by kedelin
Seelixh wrote:
Fri 11 Dec 2020 12:47 PM
Errrrmm... Albion will never get any bonus because everyone just farms PvE there. U should take the RvR pop., not total... ( ° ) <

last night at 6pm pst /u had 128 alb 89mid 60 hib 50's in frontier zone... been like that for a few weeks now.. So its not just cause albs are farming
Sat 12 Dec 2020 6:13 PM by Astaa
It's not working

Can we try fixing the route causes instead?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to News or the latest topics